Fresh air

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trojan46312

Reaction score
Is it worth bringing in fresh air into a humid basement when it's 100 degrees fahrenheit outside? Wouldn't that make the basement hotter and ultimately hotter in the grow room located in the basement?

draw your air from the basement and exhaust your air from the grow room outside.

Very good question...I have to wonder why yer basement is so humid, unless yer grow is causing it....The bad thing is that the plants must have some fresh air that is replenished with CO2. If its way too hot outside then I would make sure the growspace air is filtered good then exchange it with the air in the rest of the house. If yu have people and/or animals creating CO2 then that will replenish it nicely.

Ok thanks guys. I'll just use the house air to exchange until the temp goes down. I think part of the reason why the basement is so humid is because there are no down spouts to run rain water away from the house. The air is so thick. I can't afford a large dehumidifier yet though. I'm praying for the best.

If it is real humid in the basement, when yu route the air up through yer house yu will get increased humidity. There is a trick yu can do if yu are mechanically inclined, and if yu have central air conditioning in yer house. Yu can build an air return from the furthest and highest point in the basement that goes directly to yer central air exchanger, then leave the door to the basement open some or make an air vent that pulls the house air into the basement. By doing this yu will cool the basement and the air exchanger of yer AC unit will become yer dehumidifier. One warning tho if yu can do that. before setting it up, make sure that the air exchanger (evaporator coil within the air exchanger) is clean and the condensation pan and drain hose are also clean and clear. Once yu connect the basement air to the central AC, that condensation pan is gonna be running water out like a faucet, and if everything is not clean and clear yu will get a flood from under the AC. Also, this will cause yer AC system to run a bit more than it does now as yu will be cooling another room that is constantly being warmed by "sunlight".:)

I am a maintenance man and I have all kinds of ideas for stuff. If yu need to do something with this and yer not sure what to do, just let me know and I'll be glad to help. Yu can either PM me if yu want to talk to me directly or just do it here so yu can get feedback from others as well

Hushpuppy said:
I am a maintenance man and I have all kinds of ideas for stuff. If yu need to do something with this and yer not sure what to do, just let me know and I'll be glad to help. Yu can either PM me if yu want to talk to me directly or just do it here so yu can get feedback from others as well

Thanks bro. I'll be sure to do that. Right now I have no central air conditioning but will by next summer.

Latest posts

Back