Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Fresh air

siobudbor

Reaction score
I have a 4x4 tent in my garage, 22x22 with the ceiling sheetrocked. When I close up at night, is there enough fresh air till morning when I open the doors?

orangesunshine

Drama Free
Reaction score
my tent would have 3 fans---1 for fresh air exchange is critical---you may be ok for the time being---and a 2nd oscillating fan blowing the plants around remedies powdery mildew, makes it rough on insects, and strengthens the plants branches---the bigger the plants get---the more fresh air exchange CO2 they need---3rd fan for exhaust

Last edited:

siobudbor

Reaction score
...think there's enough fresh air in that closed up garage until morning?

I've got the tent environment going just fine.

Thinking I may have to crack a window, or put a vent in the wall to bring some in.

orangesunshine

Drama Free
Reaction score
imo---open windows and doors invite unwanted insects---if the intake air is run thru a filter (nylon stocking) and exhaust creates negative pressure---you be good to go

siobudbor

Reaction score
Perhaps I don't yet have the inside dialed. Just using the bottom passive for intake...and I'm getting some critters.

Attachments

cardgenius

Reaction score
Id be surprised if you had any issues. Most garages are drafty and not air tight at all but if you have a window in there to open you might as well crack it a little.

oldfogey8

Reaction score
I grow in a small room in my basement and in the colder months I do not exhaust the air outside and I keep the door to the room closed. As long as you have an exhaust fan sucking new air into the tent you should be fine in my opinion. I know you didn’t ask but I would personally get some smaller pots and carefully transplant the seedlings into them. A huge pot like that will limit what you can do in the long run. 5 plants will get pretty unruly jammed into one large pot. Also it is harder to properly feed them. I use 3 or 5 gallon pots as my last transplant pot a couple weeks prior to flowering.

siobudbor

Reaction score
The plan is a SOG in there, if it doesn't work I'll reload after harvest. Are they that picky they need their own meal?? Crazy women! I don't want to transplant but thanks for your advice. I do have 4 outside in those pots with 1 in each.

I've already lost track of all my missteps but at least they won't happen again...

Last edited:

siobudbor

Reaction score
It is coming into focus on your transplant suggestion. These have been in 2 weeks. Does anyone reading think they'll survive a move?
What are the curled leaves doing?
The one seems to be doing fine.

Please ignore my previous comment about having my tent environment dialed.

Attachments

Kyfarmerb

Growing to live.living to grow.
Reaction score
They would be just fine for a transplant.id wet the soil some so it stays together better and I'd just try to dig around em by 3 -4 inches.there looking fine.id then water outside edges of the new bigger pots so the roots will stretch and seek out the water.you can check my current grow journal here.its called ( Back in the saddle again).any and all questions are welcome.happy growing to you bro.

siobudbor

Reaction score
The more I read the more I see the light!
They're gettin a new home tonight when they wake up.

oldfogey8

Reaction score
you can give them light 24 hours a day while in veg if you are not already.

siobudbor

Reaction score
18-6 now but I'll start that tonight. Strain doesn't matter on the 24 hour light? These are feminized WC.

I'll go read up.

oldfogey8

Reaction score
Sorry. A lot of people do 18/6 too. Just making sure you aren’t doing 12/12. As kyfarmer said dig 3-4” around them and very gently put them in a smaller pot. Try not to disturb the soil within a couple of inches of the stem. I was able to separate and transplant a couple of marigolds and a cucumber plant about the size of your plants yesterday and they are happy in my garden. Just be careful( I sound like a broken record)...

Latest posts