Fresh air

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siobudbor

Reaction score
I have a 4x4 tent in my garage, 22x22 with the ceiling sheetrocked. When I close up at night, is there enough fresh air till morning when I open the doors?

my tent would have 3 fans---1 for fresh air exchange is critical---you may be ok for the time being---and a 2nd oscillating fan blowing the plants around remedies powdery mildew, makes it rough on insects, and strengthens the plants branches---the bigger the plants get---the more fresh air exchange CO2 they need---3rd fan for exhaust

Last edited:
...think there's enough fresh air in that closed up garage until morning?

I've got the tent environment going just fine.

Thinking I may have to crack a window, or put a vent in the wall to bring some in.

imo---open windows and doors invite unwanted insects---if the intake air is run thru a filter (nylon stocking) and exhaust creates negative pressure---you be good to go

Perhaps I don't yet have the inside dialed. Just using the bottom passive for intake...and I'm getting some critters.

Attachments

• 20200603_083328.jpg
    20200603_083328.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 20
Id be surprised if you had any issues. Most garages are drafty and not air tight at all but if you have a window in there to open you might as well crack it a little.

I grow in a small room in my basement and in the colder months I do not exhaust the air outside and I keep the door to the room closed. As long as you have an exhaust fan sucking new air into the tent you should be fine in my opinion. I know you didn’t ask but I would personally get some smaller pots and carefully transplant the seedlings into them. A huge pot like that will limit what you can do in the long run. 5 plants will get pretty unruly jammed into one large pot. Also it is harder to properly feed them. I use 3 or 5 gallon pots as my last transplant pot a couple weeks prior to flowering.

The plan is a SOG in there, if it doesn't work I'll reload after harvest. Are they that picky they need their own meal?? Crazy women! I don't want to transplant but thanks for your advice. I do have 4 outside in those pots with 1 in each.

I've already lost track of all my missteps but at least they won't happen again...

Last edited:
It is coming into focus on your transplant suggestion. These have been in 2 weeks. Does anyone reading think they'll survive a move?
What are the curled leaves doing?
The one seems to be doing fine.

Please ignore my previous comment about having my tent environment dialed.

Attachments

• 20200608_073453.jpg
    20200608_073453.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200608_073544.jpg
    20200608_073544.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200608_073511.jpg
    20200608_073511.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 5
They would be just fine for a transplant.id wet the soil some so it stays together better and I'd just try to dig around em by 3 -4 inches.there looking fine.id then water outside edges of the new bigger pots so the roots will stretch and seek out the water.you can check my current grow journal here.its called ( Back in the saddle again).any and all questions are welcome.happy growing to you bro.

The more I read the more I see the light!
They're gettin a new home tonight when they wake up.

you can give them light 24 hours a day while in veg if you are not already.

18-6 now but I'll start that tonight. Strain doesn't matter on the 24 hour light? These are feminized WC.

I'll go read up.

Sorry. A lot of people do 18/6 too. Just making sure you aren’t doing 12/12. As kyfarmer said dig 3-4” around them and very gently put them in a smaller pot. Try not to disturb the soil within a couple of inches of the stem. I was able to separate and transplant a couple of marigolds and a cucumber plant about the size of your plants yesterday and they are happy in my garden. Just be careful( I sound like a broken record)...

Latest posts

Back