Fridge for drying?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Objektiv

Reaction score
Would a fridgerator at 50 degrees and 44% humidity be a good place to hang plants to let them dry?

I figure it would be dark and cool and pretty dry

Yes or find somewhere else?

not sure about the fridge, but my fav. is the spare bathroom with the lights off and the fan on. I hang them in the shower.

I myself wouldn't use the fridge. If you have a spare closet that would work fine. Just hang your buds up with a small fan in there and your set. It only takes 7 days or so to dry and then you can put into jars to cure.

Right now space has become an issue, theres no empty anything

And TBG Why would you not use the fridge? What would be the downside?

Right now I just dont know anywhere else

And TBG Why would you not use the fridge? What would be the downside?
zero air movement, circulation would be my concern. Once you put wet plants in there, your humidity is going to increase, too. A 'fridge is airtight, no place for the moisture to go, evaporate to. I doubt your plants ould dry in a month in that enclosed environment and IMHO, would most likely mold.
Only way I see it working, is if you had constant flo thru vntelation. And that would involve modifications.

Hick is absolutely correct. Could not have been said any better.

soemtimes I feel I get to the forum too late and all I can say is yep... well said, Hick.

ah, then theres me, i would take the door off the fridge. arrange yer buds on the wire racks and have a fan blowing into the opening. no problem

seems to me it might be easier to just hang them somewhere else with a fan blowing on them then take the door off the fridge.....but thats just me.

lay the fridge on its side with the door open? anything else?

hmmmm, ...I couldn't get my buds to stay on the racks with the fridge on it's side.. you must have "zero gravity" buds??..:p

not if you put wooden slats thru the racks to create shelves hehehe

now come on people were getting a little silly . if the refridge aint worth a shit then use a hole saw and a computer fan and stick that fan into the hole to blow cold out out to help cool you house down too . ps good luck with your electric bill. lol

I've been following this thread from the beginning. All this to dry some buds:confused: Get a cardboard box. cut holes in it. attach string in it. hang buds from string. Walla. Let hang for bout a week. Move to Jars and cure away.

As far as the fridge. Skunk you started a little bit of an idea.
Take that fridge. Holes, fan, little bit of modifying and you got yourself a grow chest. Throw a few plants and a 250-400W HID and grow on dude. ;)

ah ****, just when things were getting creative. wham, we get shut down, sort of. but then: you got an old fridge right? you got the space where the old fridge was if ya throw it out, right? now ya got room to dry yer buds.

Hahaha ur back up one point astra

ya the fridge was from another house

But i made due and stole my girlfriends cubbard contraption

Its like 4ft tall 2ft wide 2ft long I cut some holes and hung 2 pipes across it

Should work well

Latest posts

Back