From veg nutes to bloom nutes.

EYORE

Reaction score
At first I went directly from veg nutes to bloom nutes.
I started goig 50/50 for a week or so between switching,an once in bloom add veg nutes once every 2 weeks or so.
Any opinions on am I wasting veg nutes?

Joe420Camel

friendly stranger
Reaction score
I do a transition mix between VEG and flower too.

Once I'm beyond the "stretch" phase, I use a 100% "flower" mix and I don't look back from there.

I run a hydroponic DWC tote grow.

Reaction score
I go right from veg to flower nutrients. Stopped doing a transition long ago. Jmo

Reaction score
Same as Hamster. I also have a perpetual harvest and so have plants in all different phases. If vegging plants have had a recent res change, I will let them go til next res change with their veg nutes. But when I mix nutes again, they go right to flowering nutes.

Joe420Camel

friendly stranger
Reaction score
How "extreme" is your Flower nute bath, THG.
You run DWC tote's still, yes?

I've been concerned about Nitrogen starving a plant in stretch.

I've only been @ this a year, still learning!!
:48:

Gman_517

Reaction score
I think it depends on the nutrient line.with cutting edge solutions.if u don't follow that feed chart and continue the grow nutes until u have established buds forming you'll run into nitrogen deficency been there done that..you use grow nutes til your plants are done stretching.usually through week two.

EYORE

Reaction score
Thank u all for ur input.That will explain my nit.def.:vap-Bong_smoker:

Reaction score
The GH Flora product line still has enough N in the flowering mix that I do not have problems. Some nutrient lines may be different.

Don't know whaqt you are asking when you ask how extreme it is?

Joe420Camel

friendly stranger
Reaction score
just if you drop the N to -0- or if (as you answered) there is "still enough" in the flower mix

I'm starting to think (learn) that a regular reservoir swap is about as important as what's in the mix.
Just because the PPM/ph is still correct, 4 week old (used) nute-bath is not "good".