Frost?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ptbo_Stonerz

PackinThaBowlinOnt_Stoner
Reaction score
Well Im sitting here on my comp looking at the "weather eye" weather network and I see that the temp outside is a mere 1c and its 11:30pm. I didnt realize it was supposed to be so cold tonight. Its going to frost, how bad will that be on my plants? They are fairly big lots of big buds. The hairs are about 30% red the rest white. I expected them to be ready to harvest oct 15-31. What signs should i look for in the next few days to see if the frost negatively affected my girls.

You might want to throw a light tarp or a sheet of thin painters plastic over those gals, it'll keep the worst of the frost off em.

Peace...j.b.

pybo....they'll take some "lite" frosts, no problem. Just look out for a killer freeze.
If you cover them, no material touching the plants if possible.

light chicken wire fencing - cheap - around them then dry cleaners plastic wrap. if the leaves and stem start to purple or go bluish then ya got trouble. remember its dieing anyhoo......... no leader growth or drooping leaves.......hack it down.

p.s. red/white hhhhmmmm a white widow perhaps? or hybrid.

I have been told that old bed sheets work better than plastic, as a plant cover, because it allows more air to come in around your plants.

I have never done this but I think I have to this year as I'm growing some Pure Haze which takes forever to mature.

I was told they were AK47 but I'm not completely sure. They used to smell real skunky now they smell skunk/fruit.

D/B, ah bed sheets? yup the freezing cold air will pass right thru them. think about this.

Bed sheets still make more sense, to me, than plastic. Plastic will not allow any air flow and lack of air flow increased the possibility of mold.

yep...plastic will trap any moisture. I prefer burlap, but bedsheets would work well to.

Latest posts

Back