Frustrating...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto-Man

Noli urinae contra ventus
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

I'm having some bad indications here w/ my Norther Lights and White Widow suffering from serious yellow leaf disease. I'm not sure what to do here. I typically have some of this near the end of flowering, but as you can see, we are not even close.

The soil is still damp form last nute feed which was 3-12-6 Dyna Grow. Also been using the GO line per the website:

hXXp://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/feeding_charts/GO_MYSF-FeedChart.pdf

This is really bad and I don't know what to do. The yellow leaves just wanna fall off at the petiole/branch.

Suggestions/advice would be welcome, thanks.

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

Thoughts based on almost no information.
The plants got to where they are by your care and attention.
Don't do anything dramatic.
The reason I say this is that if you are wrong, they are doomed.
I would stop watering or feeding until the pots are light.
This should tell you how much transpiration is taking place.
If the roots have stopped sucking up water, you may be screwed.
Did you change anything?
This has taken some time to develop.
Not happy looking vegetation.
Keep posting, good or bad.
And good luck.

Those don't look too bad to me. They look to be pretty far along. How far are they??

looks like a food issue to me...

They look hungry.

Try upping the dosage in increments. Test one pot with a larger dosage increase, to see if it can handle it.

It could be that you're better at growing now, so even though it's the same ammount of weeks in, and the same ammount of nutrients fed, the plants are growing faster and are wanting more.

GL! :)

I would consider giving them a nitrogen shot but if they're only 2 or 3 weeks from done I wouldn't bother. Maybe next run don't switch them to pure flowering nutrients quite so soon.

Hungry they look starving Moto-Man id give them a little grow nutes mixed with your bloom nutes or just grow nutes looking great cept yellowing leaves.
Nothing to worry about.
Re: Nitrogen the plant stores nitrogen within itself for dealing with a deficiency once far into flower so possibly ya never fed it enough strength wise when vegging.

T4

Time4Plan-B said:
Hungry they look starving Moto-Man id give them a little grow nutes mixed with your bloom nutes or just grow nutes looking great cept yellowing leaves.
Nothing to worry about.
Re: Nitrogen the plant stores nitrogen within itself for dealing with a deficiency once far into flower so possibly ya never fed it enough strength wise when vegging.T4
That is what I am inclined to think. Also I suspect that the plant is rootbound and not able to get enough nutrients when watered. However, it is too late to repot them. If they are drying out between waterings then I would increase the waterings if rootbound is the issue.

Hushpuppy said:
That is what I am inclined to think. Also I suspect that the plant is rootbound and not able to get enough nutrients when watered. However, it is too late to repot them. If they are drying out between waterings then I would increase the waterings if rootbound is the issue.

Wow. I'm encountering concepts I'd not entertained before. As for rootbound, yes I think they both are. I jab my finger and it's all roots, tight like a drum.

I'm really not sure what I did differently here compared to past grows, or what I failed to do (!)

I flipped like 6-7 weeks ago, yes, we are a bit along, NL buds nice and tight, WW are looser (wish I could account for that w/ all other things being equal).

More leaves yellowing, I gave them both a shot of Bio-Grow (4-3-3) yesterday after letting them almost starve, hoping against hope, but I think, only younger leaves have any chance anymore.

I know I'll get some bud, but I hate seeing my plants ailing like this.

Thanks again, my friends.

My buddy and I are both growing a White hybrid with AK47 (white Russian) and we have noticed that the fan leaves start to fade early in flower even with extra nitrogen. Mine are only 4 and 1/2 weeks in flower and the fans are starting to yellow off.

I would recommend setting them in deep pans or tubs when watering and let them sit in a considerable amount of runoff for a couple hours to see if they soak up more water and nutes. Or as I said before, if they are drying out a lot between waterings then water and feed more often. You may not be able to bring them back but maybe slow down the yellowing off some.

I have not seen it myself but I have heard others say that theirs looked like scarecrows by the time they finished but still produced some solid dank. I bet yours will probably still finish good though :)

Hushpuppy said:
My buddy and I are both growing a White hybrid with AK47 (white Russian) and we have noticed that the fan leaves start to fade early in flower even with extra nitrogen. Mine are only 4 and 1/2 weeks in flower and the fans are starting to yellow off.

I would recommend setting them in deep pans or tubs when watering and let them sit in a considerable amount of runoff for a couple hours to see if they soak up more water and nutes. Or as I said before, if they are drying out a lot between waterings then water and feed more often. You may not be able to bring them back but maybe slow down the yellowing off some.

I have not seen it myself but I have heard others say that theirs looked like scarecrows by the time they finished but still produced some solid dank. I bet yours will probably still finish good though :)

Yeah, not sure why my flowering lately tends toward yellowing. I did replace the 400W bulb recently. We have a major-mofo 167 cu/ft/min exhaust fan in there, plus a ventilated DIY Cool Tube... <sigh>

I will have good bud, but I'm still frustrated.

Here's a pic of my four T5 lit, 8 week old WW clones... dang I wish I had a bigger grow space! Ive been clipping and pruning. These are clones and so bushy... I know, everyone should have such problems, right? (There are six more inches below the pic).

Cheers my friends,

IMG_0404 (600 x 337).jpg

Try bigger pots next time being rootbound shouldnt present any problems only the actual size of plant will be liomited by pot size so bigger pots equals bigger plants but you have real nice plants there Moto-Man and youll just have to water more often as they will still sup up the nutes even when rootbound.
Looking great those WW clones.
T4

of course they are rootbound. lol. afterall, they are in soil, and in late flower. you get that. this is merely a food issue, as in, you need to feed them more than you have been. maybe entertain switching out your nutes...bigger pots will merely grow larger plants. vert growth is directly related to pot size. so if those are now at the height you can handle, i would'nt go bigger pots. master one before moving away from it...jmo...

Latest posts

Back