Frustrating.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried growing in cocoa, using the slit buckets that I’ve been using. I’ve always had a problem with the leaves, looking deficient while I was using the cocoa. I finally went back to using pro mix and have never looked back. I’ve never gotten any bugs in it and it’s totally inert.
How do you dispose of used pro mix? I assume it isn't reusable? I'm building one of the aeroponic tubs GMO uses, so I don't keep having to deal with getting rid of used dirt

Bubba

I tried growing in cocoa, using the slit buckets that I’ve been using. I’ve always had a problem with the leaves, looking deficient while I was using the cocoa. I finally went back to using pro mix and have never looked back. I’ve never gotten any bugs in it and it’s totally inert.
Can you put a photo of the pro mix please? i may go that route next grow.

1670523691962.png

first time I saw that I wondered if they had Pro Mix Romex type as they have bx type
only you joe...I have a lot of property so I put the used promix in the loader and scatter it out back, just lok for the white specs and you've found it...I can't see risking it by reusing the peat, it's been saturated with nutes and who knows what may be lurking in there...the rootball is at least 4 months old, that's a long time to not have any issues...to each their own...now if I was outdoors that would be a different story...

only you joe...I have a lot of property so I put the used promix in the loader and scatter it out back, just lok for the white specs and you've found it...I can't see risking it by reusing the peat, it's been saturated with nutes and who knows what may be lurking in there...the rootball is at least 4 months old, that's a long time to not have any issues...to each their own...now if I was outdoors that would be a different story...
In the grow we were involved in I got rid of the dirt in various dumpsters I can have my way with
2 )5gal balls of dirt in a blk plastic bag 36 one month 40 the next really 18 or 20 bags

You're lucky ,we would get dirt from a green house supply and keep in the garage and hump it in to the basement at night

Latest posts

Back