Frustrating.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1618.JPG

Go ahead dude, you just threw gas on the fire. I I am sitting out in the front here with my boys, watching a very orange moon coming up over the horizon. It looks like something that belongs in the Halloween movie when it’s viewed through the trees. I made a monster meatloaf today and it’s cooking and directly underneath is a rack of ribs heating up for dinner. I am feeling like a true carnivore tonight.
If I could stand beside you , we all four would howl ....( and eat ...!)

Go ahead dude, you just threw gas on the fire. I I am sitting out in the front here with my boys, watching a very orange moon coming up over the horizon. It looks like something that belongs in the Halloween movie when it’s viewed through the trees. I made a monster meatloaf today and it’s cooking and directly underneath is a rack of ribs heating up for dinner. I am feeling like a true carnivore tonight.
And I’m guessing someone got some rib bones too…

If I could stand beside you , we all four would howl ....( and eat ...!)
it would be our honor to howl with you joe...
And I’m guessing someone got some rib bones too…
bones are for when Dutch finishes his dinner, he seems disinterested at the moment...when he's hungry there's no mistaking it...98 pounds of love begins to steer me around the house, leaning and pushing in his loving way...Dutch has learned to be so gently with me, Ivan thrashes around like a bull with his nuts bound up... 🤨

I noticed my dogs being extra kind to me this week as I think they know since I’m walking them alone this week without the hubby they should behave so I wouldn’t get pulled to death by young Maryjane. She even laid down the last three walks when I had to pick up p-oop instead of acting like her crazy puppy self. She’s getting pretty big now. That’s my grandma dog BB photo bombing
8DE3E66E-C80E-4DF5-8CA8-8E5AC07BD532.jpeg

subbie, Dutch has ruined me...he's the gold standard by which all dogs are judged...he's just the best at everything doggie...he knows my heart and all the emotions that come with it...I am hoping Ivan learns from him as he grows older, Ivan just wont stop nipping and kissing dutch as he goes flying bye him...luckily Dutch grabs his neck and not his tail when he ragdolls him...

I noticed my dogs being extra kind to me this week as I think they know since I’m walking them alone this week without the hubby they should behave so I wouldn’t get pulled to death by young Maryjane. She even laid down the last three walks when I had to pick up p-oop instead of acting like her crazy puppy self. She’s getting pretty big now. That’s my grandma dog BB photo bombing
View attachment 314858
What faces 😍

subbie, Dutch has ruined me...he's the gold standard by which all dogs are judged...he's just the best at everything doggie...he knows my heart and all the emotions that come with it...I am hoping Ivan learns from him as he grows older, Ivan just wont stop nipping and kissing dutch as he goes flying bye him...luckily Dutch grabs his neck and not his tail when he ragdolls him...
B1981BEC-E2AA-4002-BA17-E09A368FD239.jpeg

This our gold standard, Gunner. He is coming 8 and we could never have asked for a better dog.
The wife had been talking about getting a dog. We found a little puppy running down a gravel road in the middle of nowhere one night where someone had dumped him.
We took him home and got all the fleas and ticks off him and were rewarded with the best dog either one of us has ever owned.
AF2334F1-CF97-410E-AC42-1C79A8DAA133.jpeg

This past spring, I brought up the subject of getting another puppy. Gunner is getting up there, and I wanted to get something now so Gunner would have a chance to rub off on them some.
The wife didn’t really want to go through the puppy stuff again. She wanted to get something a little older.
I could see her point, so I figured something 6 months to a year old would be perfect.
We were setting on the front porch, having coffee one morning discussing what we should get when this half grown, male pup, came trotting up the driveway and plopped down at our feet like he had been there all his life.
We asked around, nobody claimed him, so here he still is.
Rex has fit in perfectly.
Seems like the best ones find you, not the other way around.

Dog lovers...my dog is my child. Nice to be around like minded stoners.

@Flower ...my used ProMix goes in my veggie garden.
That’s where mine eventually ends up.
Right now I am just dumping it on the compost pile out by the garden, along with whatever else ends up there.
Come spring, I will reuse it all.

Maple leaves and grass clippings make for some great compost. I had a 100'X180' garden that I used nothing but compost on. The veggies would jump outta the ground, especially the sweet corn. You ain't lived 'til you eat sweet corn that was cooked, and eaten within a half hour of harvest. The stuff was so sweet it made your teeth hurt!
I used the same thing in my pot pen. Great results, too.

That’s where mine eventually ends up.
Right now I am just dumping it on the compost pile out by the garden, along with whatever else ends up there.
Come spring, I will reuse it all.
I dump mine in the veggie garden along with Mrs Putes concoction of whatever. By spring I have a good sized pile to till in.

Last edited:
Maple leaves and grass clippings make for some great compost. I had a 100'X180' garden that I used nothing but compost on. The veggies would jump outta the ground, especially the sweet corn. You ain't lived 'til you eat sweet corn that was cooked, and eaten within a half hour of harvest. The stuff was so sweet it made your teeth hurt!
I used the same thing in my pot pen. Great results, too.
I put the bagger on my lawn mower for my last leaf cleanup every years and dump the mulched leaf/grass combo on my veggie garden. The soil is getting better every year though it is still not great. It started as dirt from my neighbors in ground pool about 20 years ago. Used to be pale it is a nice brown now. Shooting for black soil at some point before I am pushing up daisies…

Latest posts

Back