Full Moon-Sativa Seed Bank-Nirvana Fall 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gourmet

Reaction score
I put together a spreadsheet for the grow journal with the first page general information and the second page the date record of progress. I will attach photos into the spreadsheet journal.

Started germination yesterday.

P.S. Deleted old thread incorrectly titled New Moon (thanks for the correction) and reposted under correct name Full Moon in this thread.

General Information on Strain and Growing Equipment/Information

Seedbank writeup: "We came across this beauty on one of our many research trips to Southeast Asia, to be precise, at the Full Moon party held monthly on the Thai dream island of Koh Phangan. Full Moon is everything you would want Thai weed to be like. This totally tropical Sativa packs a trippy, almost spooky, visual high. Under high wattage bulbs, its popcorn buds become somewhat tight and heavy. Full Moon has a sweet scent and an unmistakably Thai spicy flavour.
"

Name Full Moon
Seedbank The Sativa Seedbank from Nirvana received 10/5/09
Type Indoor
Indica / Sativa Sativa
Feminized No
Yield 400 - 500
Effect High
Grow height High
Flowering weeks 13 / 14 weeks

Germinate paper towel method.

Water PH 8.2 tap water with flouride, filtered and ph balanced except during germination.

172cfm 4" vortex fan with can filter passive intake, interior oscillating fan.

Seedings in Fox Farms Light Warrior in styrafoam cups.

Plants in 5 gallon buckets, Fox Farm Ocean Forest, Light Warrior, 4 to 1 mix

400 W. HPA Hortilux Bulb - Lumitek Digital Ballast
Mylar lined 28" by 42" cabinet growing area.

Germinated under 6, 9 watt led bulbs plus 2 30W Vitalights

Full Moon 10-18 germination.jpg

i did a white lady grow by SSB, good smoke, no issues at all.

Slow germination in these seeds compared to my first bagseed grow. 4 out of 5 open now but not by much. Only real differences:

1.) Seeds themselves
2.) Water
3.) Season
4.) Temperature

Season should not be an issue since in dark and inside grow. Temperature is slightly cooler so I have added a germination heating pad, lifted the tin pan up about 3 inches. Temp approximately 80 degrees F now.

With bag seed I used tapwater without letting it sit over night to dissipate chlorine based additives and without filtering it. From
the tap the ph is about 8.2. This time I filtered the water and allowed it to stand which reduced the ph to around 7.2.

Does increase in ph or any of the water additives that dissipate or filter out stimulate germination? (Are there hormones in the Great Lakes water supply?)

Was it the difference in seeds?

Did the 73 to 75 degree F versus 76 to 78 of my prior grow slow germination?

Suggestions?