Fungus ngat week 4 veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High how are you

Reaction score
Good morning everyone !! Blessed to be alive and fighting these ngats !! Hope everyone is having an amazing grow experience and if not post on here to get dialed in !! This is my second harvest by no means am I an expert , doesn’t help I live in New England and fungus ngat appear to be everyone problem . I use fox farm ocean as a medium , and so far has been great as my plants have ngat bc of humidity issues I had for a couple days . They came and now I am treating them with mosquito bit + warm water letting it sit 45 min to cool then defoliated as I’m in a 5x5 with 8 plants . Which I will be moving soon as the problem is contained to her second tent . My question is for now I have a space heater running when I feed so help combat humidity . Should I leave it on at night as my grow is in basement and humidity can get high ? I’m installing pellet stove next week down there but shit 2 seconds went by and these ngats came out of no where . They look droopy I let them dry as I had over watering issues !Thank you guys 🙌🏼💪🏼❤️🌬

Attachments

• EF820309-D44D-41D5-A914-F6861BA5995D.jpeg
    EF820309-D44D-41D5-A914-F6861BA5995D.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 21A50049-4B07-49D4-B0E9-1950F1346FD2.jpeg
    21A50049-4B07-49D4-B0E9-1950F1346FD2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
If you figure out a good way to get rid of the pesky little bastards, let me know. They don't do any damage, but their grubs do. I've lost a few plants to them eating the roots. Only way I kept them at bay was to hang three Shell no pest strips in the room and shut the door. Took weeks, and the strips aren't really healthy to be around. The mosquito puck trick never worked for me.

I put hydroton clay pellets on top of my soil….seems to help prevent fungus gnats. I also keep some Gnatrol on hand just in case, but I’ve never needed to use it.

Attachments

• 8F5CBC78-1A33-4F0C-AE14-F74E2A10FF2D.jpeg
    8F5CBC78-1A33-4F0C-AE14-F74E2A10FF2D.jpeg
    365.6 KB · Views: 0
If you figure out a good way to get rid of the pesky little bastards, let me know. They don't do any damage, but their grubs do. I've lost a few plants to them eating the roots. Only way I kept them at bay was to hang three Shell no pest strips in the room and shut the door. Took weeks, and the strips aren't really healthy to be around. The mosquito puck trick never worked for me.
I use pyganic. Occasionally spray the surface of dirt. Occasionally find a few dead ones in the dehumidifier, but no infestations in my pots. I've wondered if sometimes they come with the dirt? Also use Ocean Forrest.

Bubba

I've never found anything that truley gets rid of them. Even if you get rid of them, they'll be tons of eggs in the next batch of soil you bring home. I been fighting them my whole career unsuccessfully. I been using Mosquito bits which does seem to knock there populations down, but never quite gets rid of them.

when I switched over from fox farm and other soil retail sellers to ProMix the gnats disappeared , no nasties in the ProMix

try it and compare ProMix to whatever else one is using

I have a floor drain in my room and I noticed it was gnat factory , at night they crawled from it.
I made a temp/seal and turned down humidity as low as I could get it. Gnats cleared .

Latest posts

Back