fuzzy growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
Hey guys; I got several new plants vegging away in coco, top feed, 1liter containers on recycling watering system. 30min watering 6 times in a 24hr period. Lights on 24hr, air temps mid 60s at night, upper 70s daytime. All of them are growing really good accept 1 blueberry punch clone. It is way behind the rest because I put it in the coco too early and it is just now starting to take off and grow.

The problem I have is on the bottom of the container that the weakling is in, there is a good bit of white fuzzy growth hanging around the holes in the container. I am assuming this is a fungus like I have seen growing on old fruit. I don't see any on the other plant containers(which have roots starting to hang out of them) Should I hit it with some H2O2? how much? Or will it correct itself on its own now that the plant is starting to grow good? :(

hey man.. throw some pix up on here and you will get help alot faster.. its kinda hard to figure out exactly whats going on without seeing it..

I had it one time on a rockwool cube and I just used h2o2 and applied it with a Q-tip straight from the bottle. It never returned and the plant did great

Thanks PC :)

Bleek; I didn't have my camera with me when I noticed it or I would have snapped a couple. I will check tomorrow and take some pics then.

Hushpuppy this sounds like slime mold. It should not harm your plants but it does need to me removed. If it is slime mold it is not a true pathogen and just needs to be removed, fungicides are not necessary but some can be used for control. I would use H2O2 at 10 ml per gallon (3% solution) and pour this over the cube then rinse with ph'd H2O after about 30 minutes. Then again it could be a lot of other things also. JMO.

Thanks for the info :) I had another look at them yesterday and it looks like the fuzz has died back. I actually moved the plants around the other day so that this particular plant, which is way behind on development, could be closer to the light setup. Apparently that move has done something to affect the development of this fuzz.

I was going to post a pic of it but the fuzz had died back so much that it couldn't be seen in the pic that I took. At this point I hesitate to do anything but I may still add a little H2O2 to the mix to see if I can knock it out. :)

Thanks for the information. How the fuzzy can be removed from the plant? Obvious it causes harm to plant.

Latest posts

Back