garage grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techrons78

Reaction score
I am running 1k thunder with 5 gal grow pots growing la blanca, I have theWhynter ARC-12S 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner, Platinum..I am wantingcto keep himidity down also using fox nutes grow and tiger with calcmag hygrozeym and abiut to start pirahna when I start to fkower next thursday..my question is ..is is good to open garage about to 2 feet a coulple hours a day? Was thinking new air exchange and co 2? What do u think..I am also scrog ing this is my first scrog..any help would be appreciated. ..tech

How much of the garage are you using--a 1000W light is only good for about 25 sq ft? What kind of exhaust system do you have set up? You should be exchanging the air in your space at least every 2 minutes or so. Most of us run more, exchanging the air in our space 2-3 times every minute.

Thx for the reply hemp goddess..wss hoping you would chime in...well I hsve pretty much 250sq..I using the light directly in center of room its sctually about 400 sq but I have more things in the so I csn play with 250 or so..now around my plants and scrog I have white painted board that kinda blocks in light. .I only box in 2 or 3 side tho..I unfortunately have bot bought my vent yet..just got married..any way...I will hsve one in next 2 weeks or so..but im usuing a 16 foot light print that's ehat my crog is set up for 4x4..I also just crack my other 6 la blanca fem 2 days to germ 1 day to pop thru soil. .I added a tad of pirahana to germ spot....hemp what do you think about feedibg plants lower amounts over every watering sd apposed to every other watering. .say cutting come nuts in half..I did it this way 2 turned out to be super nice..I burt 1 a tad and other got burt but you csbt even relly tell. .just 3 burt little leaves. ...thx for any input..thx hemp...but air exch exchange am I waisting my time opening my garage snd putting a fan in front drawing in air..?

Your light is good for a space about 5 x 5. I would recommend getting some kind of grow space set up as soon as possible that is that size--or just big enough so that you can get around your table--no bigger than absolutely necessary as even 6 x 6 is going to put your light below minimum acceptable levels. Trying to illuminate too much space will result in unsatisfactory bud development. And if you do not have all 4 sides enclosed with some kind of reflective surface, your light is disbursing throughout the entire space and you are loosing valuable light.

Just opening the door a couple of times a day is not going to work. You plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on. Proper ventilation is almost as important as your lighting.

I think it might be a good idea if you can find some time to do some basic reading so you know what it is going to take to get plants to harvest. It really is quite complicated and takes a lot of knowledge. Having a proper grow space set up--one with adequate light, is enclosed, has a ventilation system in place, has temps and RH where they need to be--is something that really should be done before you ever pop 1 single seed. The 4 x 4 scrog will be okay with the 10009W light if the space you build around thed scrog is not too big.

I am not sure what you are going to do with the 6 la blanca that you just popped. Your light is not nearly enough to do both. The six la blanca you cracked are going to require another light/more light. You cannot do 4 x 4 scrog AND 6 other plants with only a 1000W light.

Thank you sooo very much. ..I will get the vent asap, but i leave the door widow to garage open constantly. .. the front door of garage sometime will be open for 10 hours a day..im home allot a personak trainer so i mske my own scedual. .as far as new ones that popped I made a mini grow tent with cfl..will veg in grow box untill blanca is done or buy anoth another light untill I can move them over to 1k..thx for all the help.. As and yes I have been reading like crazy..I so use a ph meter and good water..so im not trying I to half *** this..in college did everytbing wrong but on 6 plants I got about 7 oz under 600 ..the nedt grown I got wbout a qp.. r his was all dont without a ph meter reg tap water and roo much fertilizer..lol I guess I got lucky..i know I hvse rons to know but I do put in the effort of reading not ju st asking questions.
Much respect help thx for tsking time out of your day for me..Tech

[/LEFT]
The Hemp902392 said:
Your light is good for a space about 5 x 5. I would recommend getting some kind of grow space set up as soon as possible that is that size--or just big enough so that you can get around your table--no bigger than absolutely necessary as even 6 x 6 is going to put your light below minimum acceptable levels. Trying to illuminate too much space will result in unsatisfactory bud development. And if you do not have all 4 sides enclosed with some kind of reflective surface, your light is disbursing throughout the entire space and you are loosing valuable light.

Just opening the door a couple of times a day is not going to work. You plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on. Proper ventilation is almost as important as your lighting.

I think it might be a good idea if you can find some time to do some basic reading so you know what it is going to take to get plants to harvest. It really is quite complicated and takes a lot of knowledge. Having a proper grow space set up--one with adequate light, is enclosed, has a ventilation system in place, has temps and RH where they need to be--is something that really should be done before you ever pop 1 single seed. The 4 x 4 scrog will be okay with the 10009W light if the space you build around thed scrog is not too big.

I am not sure what you are going to do with the 6 la blanca that you just popped. Your light is not nearly enough to do both. The six la blanca you cracked are going to require another light/more light. You cannot do 4 x 4 scrog AND 6 other plants with only a 1000W light.

Picked up some nice thick heavy duty merchandise board holder 6 x4 for 3 bucks each. .think im gonna glue some castors to it cut the pieces 4x4 line each onwith mylar then I can move them individually and can free up my move space..2nd day of flowering..all is short and bushy I can count about 62 nodes that should bud..since my first scrog im nervous. ..

Latest posts

Back