garden starts under my HPS lights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hick.man

ONE HITTER QUITTER
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if I can sprout all my garden starts under my HPS lights and then transplant them into my garden? I've heard you can from some and from others say I cant? I dont want to waste all our garden seeds. any help would be terrific.

What is the Watt of the HPS?

Seedlings and Vegging usually prefer a blue spectrum (MH bulb) If you ballast can run both then maybe look into getting one.

If its not to powerful then i dont see a reason why not. Just careful not to get them too close.

ya can but they need to be far away from the light...IMO..i would just use a couple cfls on the kitchen table...then when they get big enough move them into hps..Hope this helps...take care and be safe

Yes. I am starting some garden seeds under a T5 fluoro in my veg room--24 hour light.

im using a 400 watt hps, but i have one of those agro bulbs tht are supposed to do both spectrums. but my ballast is hps and I think you have to have a metal halide balast i think? and my ballasts are all hps and they are all the ols school boxes. so if they sprout ok, what about when I transfer them out side? they wont trip from being under the other lights and then going outside?

Some people like to ease them out side, Couple hours a day to all day because of worrying about the intensity change of the light. Some may chime in about this.

400w should be fine. I veg under my 600w hps.

hick.man said:
im using a 400 watt hps, but i have one of those agro bulbs tht are supposed to do both spectrums. but my ballast is hps and I think you have to have a metal halide balast i think? and my ballasts are all hps and they are all the ols school boxes. so if they sprout ok, what about when I transfer them out side? they wont trip from being under the other lights and then going outside?

first hings first.. You stay away from 'my' sheep Misterr!..:mad:...:rofl:..

Regardless of what light you choose, they will need to be "hardened off" to the outdoors.
Either in a shady spot, mottled sunlight, or direct sun for a limited time each day, until they become accustomed to the environment.

right on, sounds good. thanks everyone, it's much appreciated. heheh, as far as your sheep goes... I swear I just wanna pet'em thats all!:holysheep:
oh I allmost forgot, what happend a while back I had to re-do my account, I've actualy been a member for a few years. I was gone for a bit and come back and no account any more. is there some kind of time limit for not logging in that im not aware of?

hick.man said:
right on, sounds good. thanks everyone, it's much appreciated. heheh, as far as your sheep goes... I swear I just wanna pet'em thats all!:holysheep:
oh I allmost forgot, what happend a while back I had to re-do my account, I've actualy been a member for a few years. I was gone for a bit and come back and no account any more. is there some kind of time limit for not logging in that im not aware of?

nope.. no time limits. We had a "crash" that resulted in a big loss of data. You were probably a 'victim'.. :eek:
welcome back :)

right on. was just curious. ty, and thanks again for the help. mucho mucho appreaiated. :)

The Hemp Goddess said:
Yes. I am starting some garden seeds under a T5 fluoro in my veg room--24 hour light.

Hmmm, do you think they will bare fruit sooner by going out from 24-0 to say 14-10.? ie earlier tomatoes?

Latest posts

Back