GDG's "Little Grow Room of Horrors"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenDayGirl

"Ganja Chickie"
Reaction score
Well I figure I can't screw this up a third time.....well maybe, but I thought I would start fresh with the new clones. I've fuc*ked up everything else I've touched so far :eek: so I'm actually reading the "grow guide" this time around. I'm starting to get a little embarrassed at my first two attempts, grrrr! Wish me luck, her she goes again!

"mental note to self " ~ todays date is May 22, day 1

83814335_264444889_0.jpg

clone 5 22.jpg

Looks like your on the right track GDG. You are also doing the right thing by reading the grow guide. Even though alot of people can provide you with alot of info nothing beats learning it on you own. Good luck on this grow GDG.

Hey GDG, those are some nice lookin plants. Keepin my fingers crossed for ya ;)

Hey GDGirl. What flavor of clones do you have there?

2nd question: What medium are you using to grow your clones?

I recently started trying to grow WWxBB and Blue Mystic clones with various methods. I've learned I can kill them many ways. I'm a clone hit man. I've added a pic of my clone room.
Of all the methods so far, the water cloning worked about as well as anything and it was the easiest.

I'm going to tag along to your grow and I wish you the best of luck.
Rev

Day  36 clone room.jpg

well they were "bagseed" but it was " Bubblegum" bagseed. The other "poofy" strain...I'm not really sure. I originally thought it was a "mutant" but she just kept getting bigger and "poofier" so I cloned her. My last attempt at this was down right embarrassing, I hope these take off better than the last ones. The last ones are over 3 months old and have "just" recently started to take off. Better late than never.

So what's going on with those other plants you were growin? Did they make it to flower? Wha' hoppened?

hey Zarnon, they're on the other thread "New Project" but it was the weirdest thing...overnight damn near they grew about 3 to 6 inches and got more bushy. I was like uh.............ok cool.:cool: I started them all on 12/12 today. Let the flowering commence!

WOOHOO!!!!!! you go GDG....looking forward to seeing your ladies grow and flourish :D

Well a week in ....they're looking a little sad. I know ....patience.

Well they're sorta all wilty, the stalks look okay but some of the leaves are turning yellow and dying. I think they'll be okay, I just need not mess with them> Thats what I did to the last ones and I loved most of them to death. :(

Ok, I am not a soil grower, but here are my thoughts.

If you are seeing the color changes, it is global (not just one leaf) then you probly need to take stock and get to the root of it.

Get it? Root of it (thank you, I'll be here all night).

So lemmee welcome you to

KILLBUD'S KLINIK

1. Overwatering.

In soil you don't have the benefit of airstones, so too much water robs the roots of oxygen. The treatment for this (paradoxically) is soaking the plant in H202 enriched water. Do not do this unless well coached. Overwatering is a problem for people with too much luv.

The soil is boggy and may stink. You can get brown spots, yellow leaves or both.

A note on older leaves. Look to your revered elders One thing to note is many errors hit the big (older) leaves first. Why? B/c they are the resevoirs for crap and the plant will use their stores of nutes to preserve new growth.

So too much nutes, end up in the fan leaves. Too little of something, out it comes from the fan leaves.

2. Overnuting. IMHO this would be #1 on a list for hydro problems (usu the root o2 is well covered so overwatering is not a problem).

Wilt comes first (altho most people miss it) b/c the plant is getting 'pruned out' from relative lack of water.

Following this the newer leaves will turn yellow (pic1 and 2) , and you will see that junk precipitate as 'rusty spots'. It can resemble the interval chlorosis they talk about with Mg.... You can take an overnute prob and make it worse if you add more stuff to your solution (just like I did).

3. Nitrogen Deficiency

Doubtful. If you are using any kind of grow mix app. for MJ you will have enuf N. Usually the prob is too much, not too little.

However, N def will hit older leaves as well, but it is a general yellowing The plant will try to preserve growth and draw N from the res leaves.

How do I know about N def? Because I listened to a dude tell me my plants did not need nutes for the first two weeks. Of course his gig was soil and mine was hydro but one size fits all right? :D

The plants just cannot grow. They will lose green until they are a bright fluoro yellow. (pic 3). Coincidentally it was at this moment when my entire grow was threatened that I met my friend. It was wild. He taught me how to nurse that plant back from the dead with careful foliar feeds, reduced light (to limit growth for a bit). You can see the green coming back into it, like a movie in reverse. It was coooooool! (pic 4)

Numba 4: Mag def.

This is one of the most over-diagnosed problems on these and other boards. Usually what people are dealing with is overnuting.

However, Magnesium is the only metallic element in the chlorophyll molecule, which is responsible for the green in your foliage and photosynthesis.

Mg you will get yellowing of the older leaves first. (*)

My abbreviated story and why you can too

BTW, I like your spunk. So if you are still awake.. here's the deal...

I was a freakin' brown thumb before I got into pot. Everything I touched died. My houseplants turned to shit. I thought my girlfriend had some plant mojo I didn't b/c she could make them grow.

When I got into weed it was a for a friend who was dying of cancer. I didn't have a lot of room for error. I knew my skillz sucked so I did what I do for everything and just learned. the. shit. out. of. it. Anything worth doing well is going to take some hard work and passion, gf.

The appearance of my teacher was fortuitous. A virtual kid 10 years younger than me, but we've became fast friends. I've now innovated on my own so now half the time I teach him about what I'm doing. We exchange ideas... it's a very didactic very cool experience. A spontaneous poem!

"He looks like a hippy,
I look like a cop.

Together we grow herb
to make yer panties drop!"

(BTW, when you see pic three, that was the day I met him, when the plant was completely yellow and all was lost...)

The plant sense comes later... it's just going through all the hair yanking and f*ck-in-up stuff. You are learning what not to do and who's advice to trust.

It's why I post my errors. It's about honesty and the learning process. Geez have you been reading what I'm going through? (and I think I'm a 'pro'. :) )

Be wary a bit of forums. I like places like this... but I have gotten some very baaaaaaaaaad advice, even from experts. Chew on it, question it, improve it.

Ok this is enuf ramble to add another page to your journal. But I hope it helps.

It's just about learning. You are def going to be cool if you are into this.

(*) BTW, if you are a hydro guy reading this, NEVER NEVER NEVER use the 1 tsp/gallon of epson salt to treat Mg def.

It will literally soak your plants in a solution with salt the strength of sea water. Do not do it! You have been warned!

Brown shit.jpg

day 21 yaller.jpg

Yellow Fellow.jpg

coming back.jpg

So how's da grow going? Peachy-keen?

I'll post pictures tomorrow, but I sort of forgot about the little guys until the other day and oh my god....they have roots coming out their a**!! I need to transplant ASAP but lack funds to buy soil so I'll figure something out, I can't believe they all lived and how good they're doing. Yea! GDG gets to keep smoking! :D The "saga" therefore....continues

Ok...heres 3 of the best ones, although the rest pretty much look the same. I'm not sure if you can tell in that last pic but those are roots coming out everywhere.

jun888.jpg

jun888888.jpg

jun8888888.jpg

ok...the girls (all but three) are in their new home under 24/0 175 mh :)

87136148_275653972_0.jpg

Latest posts

Back