General Hydroponics 3-part flora bloom, grow, micro schedule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrow22

Reaction score
Hey,
Does anyone have a good nutrient schedule for the 3part general hydroponics flora bloom, grow and micro. I am using hydro buckets, and am looking for a schedule that takes into account other additives or also gives accurate amounts for seedlings etc. Any schedule would help really. Thanks

I use A.N. on THEIR website theres a nute cal. which gives a darn good breakdown. Try G.H. site maby they have 1 now also

their site has all sorts of info on how to use their products.
feeding schedule, nutrient calculator, plus a calc to tell you how much to get.
hXXp://www.generalhydroponics.com/

Just be careful with the additives. MJ likes a lighter schedule than they publish. I have found the basic 3 plus the diamond nectar do the trick for me. I use buckets as well. Try adding an air stone if you already haven't - my last grow was noticeably improved by this addition. Good luck!

As scatking said, watch out for the strength. What is on their site and bottles is much too strong for some (most) strains.

I start a 1/8th strength mix for little seedlings. They love it.

Then I move it up as they grow, by 1/8th's in strength. I watch the leaf tips and edges of the NEW GROWTH and OLD GROWTH to see if any signs of overage is noted. If so, I back down to the last known good strength.

Here's two examples:

1. Big Bud, even during full vegging at 4 feet tall, half strength GH burned it.

2. Bubba Kush, even when only 5 inch rooted clones, just started good, took and used FULL STRENGTH GH nutes and ate it like it was candy.

So you can see that there really ISN'T a "rule" to go by, other than using small and working your way up.

I would strongly recommend using the same ratios as they have on the bottle and site.

Mixing 1/8th strength is easy and requires very little measuring.

Use a single one gallon container to mix the primary batch. Use a MEASURING SPOON, not an eating spoon and measure exactly:

1. 2 teaspoons (10ml) of the MICRO (Brown) nute into the two gallons of water. It's VERY IMPORTANT to put the MICRO into the water first. If you don't, it'll cause SEVERE LOCKOUT of the nutes.

2. Then, after mixing the Micro into the water, add 3 teaspoons (15ml) of the GROW (Greeen) nute into the water with the micro in it.

3. Then, add 1 teaspoon (5ml) of the Bloom (Orange) nute to the same container.

Mix well and you now have FULL STRENGTH GH nutes for vegging.

To take it to 1/8th strength, simply pour 16 ounces of this mix into another gallon container and add water to fill.

To make 1/4 strength, pour 32 ounces of the full strength into another gallon container and add water to fill.

To make 1/2 strength, pour half of the primary gallon of full strength into a new container and fill.

There's everything you need to know about the vegging side.

When moving to flowering nutes, simply turn the numbers around on the GROW AND BLOOM nutes. It would be 15ml of BLOOM and 5ml of GROW.

The micro nutes are ALWAYS added to plain water first! This is ABSOLUTELY necessary.

The micro nutes are always the same strength in the primary.

The ratios HAVE TO STAY:

Vegging: Grow 3, Micro 2 and Bloom 1

Flowering: Grow 1, Micro 2 and Bloom 3

GH nutes are formulated to use in these ratios for marijuana. I keep seeing growers talking about using them in a 1-1-1 ratio and that is totally, irrevocably, unmistakably wrong.

As with anything, if you start playing like *you're* the scientist, and ignore what *their* real scientists have already figured out, you take the health of your crop into your own hands.

Good luck man!

Go slow, start small, work your way up and WATCH your plants new growth and old growth for changes.

StoneyBud said:

The ratios HAVE TO STAY:

GH nutes are formulated to use in these ratios for marijuana. I keep seeing growers talking about using them in a 1-1-1 ratio and that is totally, irrevocably, unmistakably wrong.

I hadn't heard that before, thanks! :) Not surprising since I'm new to hydro nutes. Additional confusion follows:

I have the 3 part GH Flora series nutes - same names (micro, grow, bloom). Does GH have more than one 3 part series or is Flora and GH 3 part the same thing?

I also see Lucas formula all the time but don't know what that means, either.

StoneyBud said:
As scatking said, watch out for the strength. What is on their site and bottles is much too strong for some (most) strains.

I start a 1/8th strength mix for little seedlings. They love it.

Then I move it up as they grow, by 1/8th's in strength. I watch the leaf tips and edges of the NEW GROWTH and OLD GROWTH to see if any signs of overage is noted. If so, I back down to the last known good strength.

Here's two examples:

1. Big Bud, even during full vegging at 4 feet tall, half strength GH burned it.

2. Bubba Kush, even when only 5 inch rooted clones, just started good, took and used FULL STRENGTH GH nutes and ate it like it was candy.

So you can see that there really ISN'T a "rule" to go by, other than using small and working your way up.

I would strongly recommend using the same ratios as they have on the bottle and site.

Mixing 1/8th strength is easy and requires very little measuring.

Use a single one gallon container to mix the primary batch. Use a MEASURING SPOON, not an eating spoon and measure exactly:

1. 2 teaspoons (10ml) of the MICRO (Brown) nute into the two gallons of water. It's VERY IMPORTANT to put the MICRO into the water first. If you don't, it'll cause SEVERE LOCKOUT of the nutes.

2. Then, after mixing the Micro into the water, add 3 teaspoons (15ml) of the GROW (Greeen) nute into the water with the micro in it.

3. Then, add 1 teaspoon (5ml) of the Bloom (Orange) nute to the same container.

Mix well and you now have FULL STRENGTH GH nutes for vegging.

To take it to 1/8th strength, simply pour 16 ounces of this mix into another gallon container and add water to fill.

To make 1/4 strength, pour 32 ounces of the full strength into another gallon container and add water to fill.

To make 1/2 strength, pour half of the primary gallon of full strength into a new container and fill.

There's everything you need to know about the vegging side.

When moving to flowering nutes, simply turn the numbers around on the GROW AND BLOOM nutes. It would be 15ml of BLOOM and 5ml of GROW.

The micro nutes are ALWAYS added to plain water first! This is ABSOLUTELY necessary.

The micro nutes are always the same strength in the primary.

The ratios HAVE TO STAY:

As with anything, if you start playing like *you're* the scientist, and ignore what *their* real scientists have already figured out, you take the health of your crop into your own hands.

Good luck man!

Go slow, start small, work your way up and WATCH your plants new growth and old growth for changes.

Stoney, your gonna hate this but G.H. just doesn't cut it. The 321 123 is not correct. I have to disagree w/ ya on this one. I've seen the 321 grown next to the 111 and not only was the 111 a much healthier plant, but was more potent and the bag appeal was way higher.
Either way A.N. is the way to go. I really don't care bout the trashing I may get but the facts are facts and the sooner people reconize it the better yalls herb will be. MAKE THE SWITCH

DirtySouth said:
Stoney, your gonna hate this but G.H. just doesn't cut it. The 321 123 is not correct. I have to disagree w/ ya on this one. I've seen the 321 grown next to the 111 and not only was the 111 a much healthier plant, but was more potent and the bag appeal was way higher.
Either way A.N. is the way to go. I really don't care bout the trashing I may get but the facts are facts and the sooner people reconize it the better yalls herb will be. MAKE THE SWITCH
Hey, everyone has an opinion. I'll stick with what GH's scientists have formulated.

I've been using it for many years and it's hard to believe that what I grow could possibly be any stronger or better "looking".

I have a crop of Bubba Kush on the vegging 321 mix right now and the plants are in perfect health and growing at an astronomical rate.

If we all thought the same, it would be a boring world.

I'll tell you what I will do. I'll drop a note to the GH people and ask them to explain the difference between using the 1-1-1 and the 321 - 123 methods. I have no doubt that they've tried both in their experiments.

I'll explain what the claims are and ask them for their opinions based on their knowledge of their product.

When I receive and answer, I'll post it.

ArtVandolay said:
StoneyBud said:

The ratios HAVE TO STAY:

I hadn't heard that before, thanks! :) Not surprising since I'm new to hydro nutes. Additional confusion follows:

I have the 3 part GH Flora series nutes - same names (micro, grow, bloom). Does GH have more than one 3 part series or is Flora and GH 3 part the same thing?

I also see Lucas formula all the time but don't know what that means, either.
Yes, you're using the only 3 part formula they have.

The "Lucas" formula is one that eliminated the use of the "Grow" part of the 3:

General Hydroponics Flora Series Feeding Strategy - Lucas Formula

G-M-B (Grow-Micro-Bloom)
0-5-10 - For Vegetative cycle (18/6)
0-8-16 - For Flowering cycle (12/12)

Here is the email I've just sent off to the tech support of GH:

To: tech AT genhydro.com
Subject:GH Flora Series 3 part nutrients

Hello,

A discussion of the use of your 3 part Flora Series nutrients has been initiated on the "Marijuana Passion" forum. I would like to pose a situation to your staff, among which, are the people who actually formulated this mix of nutrients. Please forward this email to them and I will post their reply into the "Marijuana Passion" forum to share with the almost twenty thousand members of that group.

hXXp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45320

There are 3 very popular opinions on the proper use of your nutrients:

1. Use the ratio of the 3 parts as they are listed on your site: Vegging: G3-M2-B1 and Flowering: G1-M2-B3, where G=Grow, M=Micro and B=Bloom parts of the series.

2. Use all three in equal parts: G1-M1-B1 for both Vegging and Flowering.

3. The "Lucas Formula": Vegging: G0-M5-B10 and Flowering: G0-M8-B16.

Your opinions of these three variations, as opposed to your suggested use, expressed by the people who formulated the series would be of great value to the forum. Please be as specific and use the most detailed scientific explanation possible. This group has many very advanced members who would gain from your expertise and informitive explanations.

Thank you for your time and advice,

Stoney

EDITED TO REMOVE THE URL's and Email codes.

Hey Stoney,
Several questions

1) What is an air stone and does it work/ do anything for you( i am using hydro buckets)?

2) when you say use 1/8 strength, to start out, does that mean 1/8 of what it says for what to use for "seedlings" on the bottle.

3) Also, the GH website has a great calendar where you can put in your size of your reservoir, whether or not you want alot of additives or not, and then breaks down how much to use in each phase of your growth, from week 1 to 8, based on the size of your res. Are these numbers accurate, and can you use all the additives they mention?

From joegrow22:

Hey Stoney,
Several questions

1) What is an air stone and does it work/ do anything for you( i am using hydro buckets)?

An "Air Stone" is a small air pump with a plastic tube that drives air through the line into a "stone" which has tiny holes in it that allow the air to be expelled into the water it's submersed in. This aerates it for either highly oxygenated water for roots or marine plants or fish. Without oxygen in the water, the plants roots would "drown" and kill the plant.

2) when you say use 1/8 strength, to start out, does that mean 1/8 of what it says for what to use for "seedlings" on the bottle.

I mean 1/8th of the full strength mixture in the 123 or 321 ratios.

3) Also, the GH website has a great calendar where you can put in your size of your reservoir, whether or not you want a lot of additives or not, and then breaks down how much to use in each phase of your growth, from week 1 to 8, based on the size of your res. Are these numbers accurate, and can you use all the additives they mention?

The additives can be used if you like. Remember that many additives are like animal toys; they are sometimes designed to make the owner feel good and make money. Sometimes, they just don't add that much value. Something named "Super Duper Bloom Burster" may do no more for a plant than another named "Plant Food Additive", but it makes some people think it's better because of it's name....exactly as intended by the manufacturer.

The GH tables are a handy guideline. All strains do not react to nutrients the same. Start small and work up until you find the tolerance your strain has. If you start large, the plants may not tolerate that strength and croak on you. Better safe than sorry.

Stoney,
So should i use about 1/2 strength of what they actually say for each stage on those charts, or should i just do about what they say, maybe just a little less. Should i be working with just a small variation, or up to 1/2 like i said above?

Also, what is the difference between recirculation and "Drain to Waste" on the GH website?

By the way stoney, check out my last harvest. It is in the bud pictures section under "PLEASE LOOK-Strawberry Cough"

joegrow22 said:
Stoney,
So should i use about 1/2 strength of what they actually say for each stage on those charts, or should i just do about what they say, maybe just a little less. Should i be working with just a small variation, or up to 1/2 like i said above?

Also, what is the difference between recirculation and "Drain to Waste" on the GH website?

By the way stoney, check out my last harvest. It is in the bud pictures section under "PLEASE LOOK-Strawberry Cough"
Like I said, start with less and work up. As you increase the strength of the nutes, watch the new and old growth on the plants for any changes.

Recirculation is when the nutrient solution is returned to a reservior and reused. Drain to waste is exactly what it sounds like.

If you could give me a link to your thread, I'll take a look. What am I looking for?

Hey Stoney...

dirtyOLsouth here... i know... it's confusing! :rolleyes:

Have you ever tried the Lucas Formula? I've heard great things from friends who grow in hydro.

I started with GH 3 part years ago and it's a good product for a solid NPK foundation. I've gone completely organic so I don't use their stuff anymore but GH wouldn't have been around this long if it didn't work... I'll bet most of the bud many of us have smoked in the last 30 years was grown with the GH 3 part... I've grown with just about everything including AN and I really feel that for the most part it's not the arrow but rather the indian who shoots the arrow that is the most crucial to success in the garden. Stoney is spot on about going with WAY less than the suggested amount and I've found that to be true with every brand of nute I've ever used. The less I feed the plant and the more I feed the soil the better things get in my garden.

Happy Growing!:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
Hey Stoney...

dirtyOLsouth here... i know... it's confusing! :rolleyes:

Have you ever tried the Lucas Formula? I've heard great things from friends who grow in hydro. I started with GH 3 part years ago and it's a good product for a solid NPK foundation. I've gone completely organic so I don't use their stuff anymore but GH wouldn't have been around this long if it didn't work... I'll bet most of the bud many of us have smoked in the last 30 years was grown with the GH 3 part... I've grown with just about everything including AN and I really feel that for the most part it's not the arrow but rather the Indian who shoots the arrow that is the most crucial to success in the garden.

Happy Growing!:cool:
hey DOS, I'm not confused man. I've been using GH nutes for years and had such great success with them by using them in the manner that I do, I see no sense in fixing something that isn't broken.

My bud is incredibly strong. So strong that several of my friends refuse to smoke it because they tell me it wastes them too much. When they open a bag of my weed, they "Ooooh" and "Ahhhhhhh" and say things like "God, this is soooo beautiful". I see no sense in trying a different method then what already works.

Thanks man, but I'll stick with the way that works best for me. Let's wait and see what GH has to say to my inquiry.

I'm glad you've found a process that you're happy with. That's what makes the world go round. Like I said, if we all thought exactly the same, the world would be a very boring place.

i only use floranova bloom, and occasionally some bloombastic for some extra phosphorus, helps crank out the buds!

Hey Stoney,
With regard to the question about recirculation and drain to waste, i knew what in general that meant, but what i was trying to ask is this: I have a self-contained hydro bucket, with the drip and coco balls in a bucket, with that bucket rests on the reservoir. Now, that gets recirculated through a pump. What happens with a drain to waste. If it was a drain to waste, would that mean that it would just go straight through and there is no reservoir, or how does that work?

StoneyBud said:
hey DOS, I'm not confused man. I've been using GH nutes for years and had such great success with them by using them in the manner that I do, I see no sense in fixing something that isn't broken.

My bud is incredibly strong. So strong that several of my friends refuse to smoke it because they tell me it wastes them too much. When they open a bag of my weed, they "Ooooh" and "Ahhhhhhh" and say things like "God, this is soooo beautiful". I see no sense in trying a different method then what already works.

Thanks man, but I'll stick with the way that works best for me. Let's wait and see what GH has to say to my inquiry.

I'm glad you've found a process that you're happy with. That's what makes the world go round. Like I said, if we all thought exactly the same, the world would be a very boring place.

Very true,very true. The "Flora" series is just that 1-1-1. Came out w/ it AFTER A.N. came into the open w/ "look what our stuff does". This made G.H. step it up,thus FLORONAVA. I doubt their gonna tell ya this,lol.

Each is his own. I'm just wondering when G.H. is gonna do a side by side grow to show the world how their product blows the rest outta the water in aspects of yeild and potency. Matter of fact I just want them to show me a bud grow. Just 1. I mean it would be "stupid" to show false results. I've seen A.N. blow the rest outta the water;yeild and potency.

Latest posts

Back