generators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuebecGold

Reaction score
does anyone use a generator to grow, if so where do you store it. i have a house with no basement so i have to grow in a room which has a window on the sealing. I would like to grow with a generator and not use hydro electricity. but I wonder how to go about filling it up and where to place it in the house. im looking into a diesel 10000kw to do a 5 light flip flop system.

I do not use one, but have helped with the install of a 35kw.

this is a major undertaking.
10kw
your generator will come inclosed in a trailer with insulation, and exhausting out the top.

you first need to buy an alluminum shed that will fit your generator, then plumb the exhaust down bellow the frost line into the ground and have it exit somwhere away from your house. (under load there will be lots of Black smoke.)
you now need to insulate the aluminum shed and build another larger shed with the door facing the oposite side as the first. and insulate. leaving room to have access to the gen. for servicing.

you will also need a larger fuel tank in your garage around 100+gal.(larger the better)
aswell as a tidy tank in your truck that will need filling every day on your way home from work. the same thing that excavator operators use. most people have a large tank in an inclosed car trailer, and it fills a few houses a day. never using the same gas station twice in a week.

Most car parts suppliers sell generators in excess of 10,000w now. Between $1500-2000cad or so. They are not that big either. A couple guys can lift it on a truck easy. They are very efficient on fuel too, supposed to cost less then paying for the same amount of electricity through the wires.

I also thought about this route, but it's WAY too much of a beeotch for me to take any steps towards it. Best of luck, and I'm sorry I can't provide any insight. :)

thanks canso, thats exactly what i wanted to know... like fluid said its a damn ***** to do... and to maintain but it sure his a safeway to go about things...ill get a couple grows going then later if im really bored and need something to do.. i invest some time in a setup with a generator...

Latest posts

Back