Genetic issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FemmeFatale

"Imagine no religion"
Reaction score
Two of my Barney's LSD plants have a strange growth appearance. I was wondering if this might be a genetic issue or if anyone has seen this in other grows. The plants overall look healthy and don't show any nute issues. The deformity began at germination and has continued since. Please reply with suggestions.

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

what are you refering to ?

the colour?

the growth looks norm to me.

the discoloration and leaf surface. The lighter color patterns

Thats what I thought,

not sure,

somthing to do with N, someone will help.

That's not genetics imo....looks more like a deficiency of some kind...I am not very good at diagnosing them though. Hopefully someone will be along to help.

Check your ph and if its alright bump up the N a little.

Too high of PH is my first thought. just slightly too high for that particular strains liking. Looks like it's locking out Zinc.
I would drop it a lil more then normal. and see if that corrects it.

kool lookin leaves! imo, if happy all good

Mutt said:
Too high of PH is my first thought. just slightly too high for that particular strains liking. Looks like it's locking out Zinc.
I would drop it a lil more then normal. and see if that corrects it.

Yeah I would agree that looks like the beginning of a PH issue that is starting to lock out nutes...Almost makes them look like albinos though..Green mojo

I am certain that is a nute/ph issue.
Are you in soil or water? I have seen something similar with pre-nuted soils and low ph.
Give us more details about your grow, method, ph, nute line, watering frequency in soil, all that kind of stuff.
W

I grow in soil, this is my third run with this particular strain, I have had no issues in past grows with it. I stated seeds in FF warrior, and at about 2 weeks old transplanted into FF Ocean. I use RO water that is at 6.8 pH. I fed general hydroponics flora nova grow at 1/4 strength after 2 weeks. The plants showed this issue as soon as they sprouted and it has continued since. I have fed two more times at a regular suggested strength. with the same results I have one of the same strain that shows no problems and 4 of vanilla kush with no issues as well. These strains are Barney's Farm strains.

Then I would lean to it being genetic. I've had leaves go 1/2 albino before...like it's a clogged artery in the leaf or something.

This is really odd lol
As Mutt said, it seems genetics since from your description it sounds like you have done everything "by the book".
The only other thing I can suggest is something like you sprayed them with something but I am sure you would have stopped spraying once you saw this "anomaly" and the new growth has it too!
If the plant seems to be growing at a good rate, you are getting good new growth just carry on as you are.
It would be interesting to see if a cutting carried this trait too.
Sorry I cant be more help. W

Yeah, its really got me stumped, growth looks fine. If you notice in one of the pictures you can see a plant next to it that has terrific color and structure...if it wasn't for this appearing when it sprouted and continued after feeding at the correct strength i would have thought it was a pH or nute problem as well. My main concern is whether flowering will be effected in a negative way...guess time will tell. I have to say I have been disappointed with Barneys as of late....its difficult to gauge the companies who are REALLY committed to producing the best product in both potency and stability. I have heard of some issues with this companies products having a tendency to herm.

Latest posts

Back