Germ like a pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrobud

bhc# vhc# 5150
Reaction score
Hi friends,I found a post the other day and now I can't, help please, it' has the formula for germinating seeds ,like 1/3cup water with a tbls of hydrogen peroxide, is that right, tia

seeds into shot glasses of tap water overnite usually, they need to sink to the bottom. Then into wet paper towel in plastic bag and into a nice warm spot. I use a drawer used for raising bread. Watch until sprout. Essentially what is in the attacments above.

Hi friends,I found a post the other day and now I can't, help please, it' has the formula for germinating seeds ,like 1/3cup water with a tbls of hydrogen peroxide, is that right, tia
Yes I know how to do it but I read on here a post about a mix with that has good results, I've been having a problem with seeds poping,paper towels or shot glass. Same way I've been doing for 14 years.

Last edited:
Yes I know how to do it but I read on here a post about a mix with that has good results, I've been having a problem with seeds poping,paper towels or shot glass. Same way I've been doing for 14 years.
I do mine like archtype111 does. i did have seeds from one strain that were very hard to pop. The ILGM offered a refund after I tried their tips with no better results. Could be the seeds…

the hydrogen peroxide is to soak the beans for a few minutes to kill any latent pathogens...then do the soak and paper towel trick after a 24 hour soak in pH'd water...I add seedling nutes to my soak solution...

Sooo many ways to germinate seeds. Christ, I have seen them sprout in a Chevy El Camino's floor carpet from the right atmosphere. Keep it simple.
1- Soak in distilled/purified water with a splash of H2o2.
2- When they show 1/4" of root from seed husk, (12-48 hours), transplant into medium that has been checked for proper ph and ppm of 100, ph depends on medium but 5.0 to 7.0 will suffice for now.
3- Keep warm and moist/humid.
4- WAIT!!!
5- WAIT!!!
6- WAIT!!!

Sooo many ways to germinate seeds. Christ, I have seen them sprout in a Chevy El Camino's floor carpet from the right atmosphere. Keep it simple.
1- Soak in distilled/purified water with a splash of H2o2.
2- When they show 1/4" of root from seed husk, (12-48 hours), transplant into medium that has been checked for proper ph and ppm of 100, ph depends on medium but 5.0 to 7.0 will suffice for now.
3- Keep warm and moist/humid.
4- WAIT!!!
5- WAIT!!!
6- WAIT!!!
We pulled the back seat out of my car in the 70s and there was a 2 inch plant growing

I use the little tiny Dixie cups, the kind they give you meds in at Northville, and fill them with a 50/50 mix of tap water and 3% H2O2. When they sprout tails, I chuck 'em in what ever I plan on vegging them in.
Is this the one you were looking for?

Latest posts

Back