germination ? _• ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigflowers

Reaction score
I have tryed the paper towel method and letting them sink in a glass.
paper towel method out of 16 seeds none sprouted, and useing the glass of water i had 2 out of 8 sprout wish i tried that one first.

The next time I got some seeds 13 of them...got out the hoe and shovel and headed to the backyard. removed a patch of grass about 2 feet x 2 feet and choped up the dirt as fine as i could with the shovel. I then made holes in the dirt about 1/2 inch deep and droped a seed in each hole then lightly covered them up with dirt. I then took a few steps back to look at my garden, then remembered to water them, got a few cups of water and sprinkled them down. If you just dump the water on them it can move the seeds up to the top of the dirt or push them deeper than 1/2 inch. After the ground was sum what muddy, returned the next day and watered them in the same manner as befor.

on day 3 I had a sprout popping up which i was happy then because when i used the glass of water method it took 4 days and 6 for the 2nd seed to sprout. on day 4 a little over half of them sprouted, and on day 5 all but one
and on day 6:holysheep: the last one sprouted. (thought it would take 5 days to see the first sprout)

then once the plants get about 5 or 6 inch's tall i move them inside.
I have used this method 4 times with good results 2 or 3 seeds not sprouting out of 10. Now I am trying to prefect cloning.

If you have tried the paper towel and glass of water methods with poor results, I highly recommend giving the great outdoors a try.

Good luck growN

You should read the germ. forum it should help pop beans quicker than 4 days 4 ya.

I've had 100% success w/ the paper towel method. I take 2-3 layers of paper towels fold them twice so they are in a square again, drench them in warm water then soak them out so they are moist. I take that towel and put it on a ceramic dinner plate. Then I take another moist paper towel (again 2-3 layers, twice folded) and lay that on top, placing my seeds in between. Then I take a ceramic bowl and place that upside down on the plate over the towels, making sure that my seeds are within the diameter of the bowl in the towels. Then i take the plate/bowl setup and put it on top of a warming pad ( I had one laying around the house for sore back/neck/etc. ).

Most of the time the taproots pop in under 24hours. Seeds like a warm, moist place just like the rest of us ;) ... Haha, kidding... but seriously. :D

Latest posts

Back