Germination Temp / Humidity / Light for Lowryder 2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobyferter

Reaction score
I am growing Lowryder#2's using one of those sprouting trays that you can purchase at garden centers. They use the heating pad under the tray and a dome over the top to keep the temp/humidity in but I was wondering if it may get too hot? The other question that I have is about the lighting for germinating Lowryder 2's. Do you think that using a 400 watt HPS is too powerful and what about the on/off cycle? Should there always be light when germinating, should I start it on the 18/6 cycle that I plan to use throughout the entire grow, or should I have them in the dark? I am new to the "auto-flower" type of plant and am unsure how it affects the germination process. I have also read that there should be no light in a couple of forums... wouldn't that make the plants stretch? What are your opinions on light for germination? Thanks for all the help guys!!

Once your seed germinates and breaks ground then it is considered a seedling, which you probably know. But, once there is any type of foliage on the plant, it should be receiving light. While waiting for the seed to break the surface there is no need for a light source.

400W HPS is not necessary unless you have a hundred or so seedlings. If you have ten seedlings, one or two fluorescent will work fine for the first week or so. You can give these plants 24 hours of light all throughout the growth cycle. They are "preprogrammed" as to when to start flowering.

And it is very possible for your babies to get too hot with the heating pad. If you go to lowes or home depot you can get a digital thermometer for around $20.

GL man. Post some pics and we can really help you out!

better yet you can pick up a digital thermometer with humidity meter for $7 at walmart also.. i bought 2 of those there and mine have gotten sprayed down with water and still working good,,

Thanks for your input DLtoker... so what temp/humidity do you think I should try to maintain in the germination dome? I do have those temp/humidity meters to monitor it but I have never been sure what numbers to shoot for. Thanks again for the input!

100% humidity is ideal and 72* F. Root zone should be around 80*.

Latest posts

Back