Germination Temp / Humidity / Light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobyferter

Reaction score
I am using one of them sprouting trays that you can purchase at garden centers. They use the heating pad under the tray and a dome over the top to keep the temp/humidity in but I was wondering if it may get too hot? The other question that I have is about the lighting for germination. Do you think that using a 400 watt HPS is too powerful? I have also read that there should be no light in a couple of forums... wouldn't that make the plants stretch? What are your opinions on light for germination? Thanks for all the help guys!!

Keep the temp right between 75-80 and the humidity around 65%.That 400 HPS is way to much for a delicate sprout.Your best bet is get your self some 2700 lumen cfl's or some soft and warm mix of floresents.These two options will keep the heat down and are lot less stressful on your sprouts.You can keep them under them lights until you flower and then blast that 400 HPS at your ladies for flowering and sit back and watch the bloom.If you find the need to use your HPS during veg. stage use it around the end of the second or third week.Also keep that HPS at least 14-16 inchs away,you can always move the light closer.Hope this helps?Keep it GREEN:D

Thank you for your response. What makes my situation a bit more complicated is that I would be growing Lowryder 2's which do not have a seperate veg cycle. They are "auto-flowering". As far as the humidity is concerned... I have been told to try to keep it as close to 100% as possible. Do you think that would be bad?

MJ loves humidity during veg. stage so higher the better.:D

Latest posts

Back