Being kinda new at this im inclined to vasilate still! Case in point, i read somewhere that the root riot cubes were the thing for seed germination and i bit! No real reason, just thinking it might be easier at transplant time i guess. Holy crap batman, over half of the beans didnt come up so i took a straight razor to the cubes to investigate. What i found was dissapointing, they are advertised as double milled sphagum peet yet there as tough as a seat coushion. Reminded me of latex foam. Seeds were trying but really having to work at it. Nothing consistent about their growth either, some growing around in a circle and out the top, some heavily bent sideways. My conclusion is this material is entirely too tough for the intended purpose. Suppose to be the sheet for cloning as well but im sure i'll never try that. So in order to keep from having seeds 3 weeks apart, i reseeded the offenders in a normal manor and am hoping for the best. Lesson learned, when you have something good dont mess around with it. My normal germination practice is to place the seeds in small vials grouped by strain, add a teaspoon of water and 3 to 4 drops of Willards plant catylast to each vial. Come back tomorrow and the vast majority will have sprouted, and i plant them as usual. The remaining few are always ready latter that day!