Get this!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yogi dc

Reaction score
I am a student at KSU and I have to write a paper for expository writing 2 about

Who would oppose the legalization of Marijuana and why? How do people view MJ users?
Why marijuana should be legalized? What are some of the benefits of using medical MJ? What are some other uses for hemp?

If anyone of the great minds of the MP has some links or info they would like me to have before i start this paper on OUR Favorite subject give me a holler!!!!!!!1

thank you
Yogi dc

you should have no problem with that paper at all. tons of information around to write a book. we are all counting on you getting a 100% on that baby. good luck my friend.
fing34.gif

right on man, thanks for the motivaton!!!!!!!

"Who would oppose the legalization of Marijuana and why?"

This is a long list. Most of the "why's" are obvious.
-Prison guards union.
-Law enforcement officers.
-Judges
-Lawyers
-construction firms (that build courtrooms & prisons)
-Weapons manufacterers (cops need weapons to kill/injure pot smokers)
-Companies that make boats and planes (drug interdiction)
-Breweries
-Companies that import liquor
-The HUGE phamacutical industry
-Companies that supply spy stuff to cops (infa-red/wiretap equip. for example).

But that's not the half of it.
The rational the U.S. gov't gives for keeping industrial hemp (can't get you high) illegal to cultivate is as follows: pot growers will grow marijuana in amongst the hemp, which is a lie. Pot grown in a field of hemp would be so heavily pollinated it would yield only a few grams per 6' tall plant.
Therefore, with legal marijuana, hemp would be legal to grow.
This would impact the timber and textiles industries. Industrial hemp produces 3x the amt. of paper pulp per acre than timber, and hemp cloth is much more durable that cotton, requires much less pesticides and fertilizers than cotton (2/3 of the pesticides used in the U.S. are used on cotton crops).
Legal hemp would also affect crops grown for animal feed (hemp seed is an EXCELLENT source of protein and amino acids).
Hempseed oil can be refined to a degree of purity that only is surpassed by whale oil and equalled only by jojoba bean oil.

All or most of the above concerns contribute heavily to anti-pot politicians to fund their campaigns.

But the BIGGEST by far anti-pot company is the U.S. gov't.
Gov't agencies smuggle billions of drugs into the U.S. (the war on drugs is actually a war on competetion). The rely on a huge black market to distrubute these drugs. Legal pot would mean over 90% of the black market source of income would vanish, bad for business. Many drug dealers would be forced out of business. Organized Crime (in bed with the gov't) would take a huge hit.

Want legal/decrim'ed pot? Investigate all candidates for local, county, state and national office and don't vote for anyone who isn't 100% pro-pot.
Write "letters to the editors" of local papers on how things would improve with legal/de-crim'ed mj. Suggest they run polls asking "do you think the penalties against people who grow pot for their own personal use are too harsh?"
Politicians read papers. If the overwhelming opinion is that penalties aganist personal-use growers are too harsh, they will get the message, and there are a few honest politicians.

Latest posts

Back