Getting desperate, still need help with plants...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smotpoker

Reaction score
OK so here it is. I am growing a couple plants and at first had them in straight potting soil. Figured the soil was not draining good enough so I mixed in about 40% Perlite. I water as I feel the plants need it. The plants are now about 2 1/2 weeks old and are literally as big as some 2 or 3 day old plants. The plants are beginning to yellow a bit and I am worried that I may lose them if I don't make some changes soon. I have the plants in three gallon pots each in a 2x1 based enclosure with two 32 watt CFL's and one 42 watt CFL, which is putting out about 5500 lumens, which I know is on the low end of being acceptable. My water is at about 6.5 pH. The temperature in the grow enclosure is at about 75-82 degrees constantly with no fan running in there yet. Not using any nutes or ferts yet, but have purchased Alaska fish fert, should I be adding these now? I am running out of ideas on what else I can change here to get these plants to take off. Anyone have any ideas for me?

OK so here it is. I am growing a couple plants and at first had them in straight potting soil. Figured the soil was not draining good enough so I mixed in about 40% Perlite. I water as I feel the plants need it. The plants are now about 2 1/2 weeks old and are literally as big as some 2 or 3 day old plants. The plants are beginning to yellow a bit and I am worried that I may lose them if I don't make some changes soon. I have the plants in three gallon pots each in a 2x1 based enclosure with two 32 watt CFL's and one 42 watt CFL, which is putting out about 5500 lumens, which I know is on the low end of being acceptable. My water is at about 6.5 pH. The temperature in the grow enclosure is at about 75-82 degrees constantly with no fan running in there yet. Not using any nutes or ferts yet, but have purchased Alaska fish fert, should I be adding these now? I am running out of ideas on what else I can change here to get these plants to take off. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Also, should I just switch to bottled distilled water? I don't know if this would somehow be an upgrade over my water that has a good pH balance or not.

Yo Ho smotpoker,
I would say this, Your babies are too young yet to take any real type of fertilizer. Lighting is an issue, as you really can't have too much, and it is far too easy to not have enough. Temps should be kept around mid 70's while they are just babies. the key thought here is little or no stress period.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Are you saying they look like actual seedlings?

How many leaves do they have?

How far is the light from the plants?

Any chance of pic's?

I started out using Distilled,
I am still watering with distilled water simply because my water is very heavy in minerals, (hard water), Distilled water just doesn't cost that much.
I think what you need at this point in time is some of what we have that will be good, Here is some GREEN MOJO
th_GreenMojo 18.jpg

Good Luck with your grow
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

th_GreenMojo 18.jpg

Plants have two leaves with the starts of two more coming in. Light is about 6-8 inches away from the plants, just enough to where the heat isnt going to hurt them...

Latest posts

Back