Getting rid of smells without a carbon filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shimmz22

Reaction score
hey all,
im currently about to be starting a small grow. Im going to be growing 6 autoflower strains(M15 by shortstuff) in 3 gallon buckets. I need this grow to be completely stealth with no smell. I dont want to use a carbon filter either. A lot of sites are saying ONA Blocks might work. anyone have any experience with these? Also, someone said a negative ion generator with a hepa filter like this one(hXXp://www.target.com/p/Honeywell-Permanent-HEPA-Type-Tabletop-Air-Purifier/-/A-10587114. Anyone think that would work? I need something cheap like that. And finally, i'm thinking about getting the ozone generator junior thats like 80 bucks at most hydro shops. Anyone have any suggestions or opinions? Any good answers will receive +REPS.

Hey shimmz22- I've tried all of them. The smell will always be there, just hidden.

You can build a carbon filter pretty cheap, but the fan is what will cost you. Lots of those plug-ins help along with the unit growdude suggested will go far in covering the smell, but don't be fooled, it will still be there.

I bought a similar unit like the one you mentioned, but it didn't help much.

Be safe.

I hve done runs with no filter but that is using a 6inch inline fan to create negative pressure in my flower tent and I exhaust they air out a window on my second floor. While this works well I cldnt call it "stealth" because the inline fan is loud. Jmo

I'm with BBFan--you can try to mask the smell, but it is still there. Negative pressure with an exhaust somewhere stealth is what I would recommend. People can stand right next to my flowering room and detect NO odors. You need ventilation regardless....

If you got more then one plant then the only way to be stealth is carbon. peroid

ozone generators an ona is just supplemental to your real filter.
Carbon aint always as expensive as the local shop makes it seem. i got a 6", 54 lb carbon filter for 130usd to the door. then another 60 or 70 on a fan and then your stealth.
trust me i have tried it all over the years......

soil

Pulling air through your flower room faster than the plants can put off the smell will go a long way in reducing the odor, but in the end you will still need some kind of filter to eleminate it completely.JMO

Whether you are actually going to need a filter or not will depends on several factors. Like I said, negative pressure in your space WILL pull all smells from the grow room with it, allowing none to escape. However, you do need a place to exhaust this that won't be smelled. It is a rare grow that I use a filter.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Whether you are actually going to need a filter or not will depends on several factors. Like I said, negative pressure in your space WILL pull all smells from the grow room with it, allowing none to escape. However, you do need a place to exhaust this that won't be smelled. It is a rare grow that I use a filter.

Not all of us live in 10-buck-2. Walk 50 miles barefoot in da snow for some groceries!

nouvellechef said:
Not all of us live in 10-buck-2. Walk 50 miles barefoot in da snow for some groceries!

I'll have you know that I walk 65 miles barefoot in da snow for some groceries....:p

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'll have you know that I walk 65 miles barefoot in da snow for some groceries....:p

Keeps ya young!

KaptainKush said:
The smell is the best part why cover it up

The number one reason that comes to mind is to prevent being arrested or ripped off....

Latest posts

Back