getting started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love mh's for veggin'. Your seedlings are looking healthy, happy and proper there, blowinthatloud. :aok:

Thank you! Now the waiting game begins! Love this forum an thread.:vap-Bong_smoker:

this looks like a nice start good luck

Just curious as to why you have CFLs and LEDs if you have a 600w MH right on top of them? those CFLs cant even compete with that MH...? and are they in 5 gallon buckets? that's crazy big for a seedling...

Ty Zem. This is my best setup so far, never had a decent spot always used a box in my bedroom so im tryin to build the best setup i can with the space i have.

The cfls are for surround lighting when the plants get bigger so i dont have any dark spots, leds for red an blue spectrum. an i dont like to transplant so i put them straight into there big pot.i try not to disturb them as much as possible.

Actually it is a lot better to start the plants in smaller containers and work up. There are reasons for this--it is so much easier to get the correct amount of water and nutrients to them and it does not waste water, soil, and nutrients. If you are careful there is no reason that transplanted plants have to undergo any shock or stress. But keeping the correct amount of water to them when they arde strhis small and in that large a container is going to be hard. You have to water deep to get the roots to grow deep. It is also better for plants to be able to develop better root systems if they start out in smaller container and then you work up.

I also agree with JAAM that the smaller wattage bulbs are probably useless when using them with the 600W.

Thanks for the input, like i said the cfls are for later on in the veg stage they are just on in the pic.

Seedlings are doing great, i have always went straight to my big pots an never had any problems before, i cant spend alot of time in my grow room so ive learned all the short cuts i can, i dont see how im wasting water or nutes, i know how much water i use in a small pot so i just use the same amount or a lil bit more for the big pots an increase in small steps

she looks really happy and healthy man ill be keeping an eye on this one :)

Good ill be needing some second opinions! Lol. Got my FF Grow Big cant wait to start that!

Actually it is a lot better to start the plants in smaller containers and work up. There are reasons for this--it is so much easier to get the correct amount of water and nutrients to them and it does not waste water, soil, and nutrients. If you are careful there is no reason that transplanted plants have to undergo any shock or stress. But keeping the correct amount of water to them when they arde strhis small and in that large a container is going to be hard. You have to water deep to get the roots to grow deep. It is also better for plants to be able to develop better root systems if they start out in smaller container and then you work up.

I also agree with JAAM that the smaller wattage bulbs are probably useless when using them with the 600W.

THG is so right here. Another way I've heard it explained goes something like this:

Imagine watering a full-grown plant in a 10-gallon pot. It's a big plant, and is fine with you saturating the soil. Because it can drink that water up fast, thus creating space for the soil to absorb more of the all-important air.

Now, imagine a small plant in the same 10-gallon pot. You saturate the soil. But this small plant can't drink up all the water. So its roots stay mostly saturated with water, and can't get much oxygen. Thus growth is impeded.

Ok heres how i do it, i know the seedling needs 1litre of water every 3 days when in a small pot, so i water them the same amount in the bigpot on the same schedule. An the roots are not saturated. I have been doin it like this for years without any problems, i appreciate all the input. But it works they look pretty good for 8 days old.

Plant looks good....good amount of growth in a week there. Is that a sativa...the leaves look like it.

Yes as far as i know, started with some seeds i had to get eveything up an running, i have purple haze an white widow im gonna run next. Waiting to sex these so i can get rid of the males then im go start those to thank you for looking an the reply over 200 view an barely any response.

Looks good man, hope you get lots of females.

Latest posts

Back