GH3 part nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sour Deez

Reaction score
Hey MP gotta quick question about my auto grow that's about 3wks in from seed. The soil I'm using is Happy Frog and since its got some nutes in it I haven't bought nutrients. I'm planning on buying the GH flora 3 part.My question is since autos have a short veg stage do I need to buy the " Grow" or can I just buy the macro and bloom? TY

I don't use the Grow. Only Micro and Bloom. See the Lucas Formula.
It works nice for soil.
Be aware that autos need less ferts then "normal plants" :aok:

bho_expertz said:
I don't use the Grow. Only Micro and Bloom. See the Lucas Formula.
It works nice for soil.
Be aware that autos need less ferts then "normal plants" :aok:
Good lookin out BHO thanks I think Ill try the Lucas Formula bro

I use all 3, but i dont do much soil.

I no longer grow autos but back when I did I never fed them the grow...I went right to Micro and Bloom. They hve such a short veg time i felt they didnt need it. I hve been using GH 3 part for a while now and love it. Most times I don't use the Grow with my 12-12 strains either. The Micro has a good deal of N in it I believe. If my plants get a lil light green I will mix up a feeding with the grow but I feed hvy and usually they stay dark green. I grow in soil by the way not hydro.

No grow just 2 parts Bloom to 1 part Micro. Lucas formula. Easy peasey.

You are probably going to need Cal-Mag also. I always have to add Cal-Mag with my GH nutes. I never used the Lucas formula in veg--just not enough N. I would worry a bit about just using the Lucas on autos their entire life.

Hamster Lewis said:
I no longer grow autos but back when I did I never fed them the grow...I went right to Micro and Bloom. They hve such a short veg time i felt they didnt need it. I hve been using GH 3 part for a while now and love it. Most times I don't use the Grow with my 12-12 strains either. The Micro has a good deal of N in it I believe. If my plants get a lil light green I will mix up a feeding with the grow but I feed hvy and usually they stay dark green. I grow in soil by the way not hydro.
Thank you Hamster I just bought the Micro and Bloom today will feed next watering

akhockey said:
No grow just 2 parts Bloom to 1 part Micro. Lucas formula. Easy peasey.
Seems real easy bro thanks for reply

The Hemp Goddess said:
You are probably going to need Cal-Mag also. I always have to add Cal-Mag with my GH nutes. I never used the Lucas formula in veg--just not enough N. I would worry a bit about just using the Lucas on autos their entire life.
Hemp Goddess thanks for the input. I will pick up some Cal-Mag today. About the Cal-Mag do you use it in every feeding or what? TY

I don't run autos--so am not really sure. With my photoperiod plants, I start the Cal-Mag when I put them into flowering. If you just bought the GH micro and bloom, I would maybe look for something to provide some extra N for a few weeks.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Great Advice!

Went to shop and got the GHgro. Got a quick question why does the gro have less nitrogen than the macro?

Sour Deez said:
Went to shop and got the GHgro. Got a quick question why does the gro have less nitrogen than the macro?

Yeah I believe that is why the Lucas formula works. I went a whole grow last time without using the GH Grow. I do however feed on the hvy side. I actually bought one gallon bottles of the Micro and Bloom and hve a small bottle of Grow for emergencies. Jmo

Hey Hamster is there any order I should be feeding ? I think I read somewhere you should always feed macro before anything is that right

Sour Deez said:
Hey Hamster is there any order I should be feeding ? I think I read somewhere you should always feed macro before anything is that right

It's the way you mix the parts....you always mix the Micro into the water first. I always add the Micro to the water and stir well, then add the Bloom. If I was using Grow it wld go last for me. Jmo.

Hamster Lewis said:
It's the way you mix the parts....you always mix the Micro into the water first. I always add the Micro to the water and stir well, then add the Bloom. If I was using Grow it wld go last for me. Jmo.
Thanks for the reassurance bro

Oh yeah now I see it on the label funny how I was goin by an internet tgread tge whole time without really lookin at the bottles lol :stuff-1125699181_i_ :rolleyes: I smoke 2 much

probably very late but i hear if you only use bloom they will stop vertical growth sooner than if you gave them adequete N etc. i feed veg nutes till vertical growth slows/stops then switch over. when they show first pistils its just preflower so theyre still going through veg for quite a while after that.

Latest posts

Back