Give me your mother numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love when a topic takes off like this and so many different opinions are put in. I understand all views in here. And I'm sure I'm going to do a little bit of everything mentioned here. In my state, 12 mothers is viewed the same as 12 clippings in the fridge, or 100 in the fridge. It's all illegal, and its all gonna hurt you. I think with the rotation I'm going with, keeping mothers is going to be the easiest route.

But thats the fun part of this experiment for me. Learning and adjusting on the fly. Developing my preferred way to grow and dialing it in. And then watching the dank pile up.
Thanks everyone!!

Mutt said:
it's considered good practice to take cuts from the bottom ;)

I'm glad I know now that I've been doing it wrong for all these years! :p

I take all my clones from the top of the Host Plants while they're still "soft" stems. I'd risk to say that I've cloned many thousands of clones that way.

On a "Host" plant, why would you only use lower branches? That sounds crazy to me. What do you do with the tops that keep growing? Each of my Host Plants has about 50 tops that I keep cloning from. There are no "Lower" branches. hehe :hubba: :p

Just bustin yer balls, Mutt. I know you mean the lower branches on a plant that's going to be flowered.

Literally, my Host Plants have no lower branches. All the branches are the same height and dead even with each other at the top.

I find the "tops" make good moms so I usually replace my moms with tops and gather a future "army" for a flip from bottoms. Jmo

no moms either. gotta keep the plant count to a min and im running

Pre98 Bubba Kush
C-99 Mosca 3 phenos
GF x BB Chimera
dsd REZ 2 phenos
Trainwreck GH
AK 47 cherry pheno
NL
ECSD

got some Mr Nice and GrindHouse gear to pop too.

I dont have much room either and I usually give away my mothers if they get to big.

Mutt said:
ever seen idiocracy? The world would be over run with dumba$$ cloning themselves for fun LOL

and no it's considered good practice to take cuts from the bottom ;)

THAT MOVIE IS FRIGGIN AWESOME. I laughed so hard at that. My favorite part is where they can't figure out why their plants/crops will not grow. The main character figures out they are watering the plants with "Brondo", the future equivalent of what looks like a combination of gatorade and mountain dew. They can't figure out why the plants will not grow and just keep repeating over and over, "You want us to feed them water? Like from the toilet? But Brondo has electrolites". When asked what an electrolite is, none of them know :D

Sorry for the thread jacking!

-SSF-

On a "Host" plant, why would you only use lower branches? That sounds crazy to me. What do you do with the tops that keep growing? Each of my Host Plants has about 50 tops that I keep cloning from. There are no "Lower" branches. hehe :hubba: :p
bonsai!!!!!!! ;) keep on pullin that stem down twisting in on itself. Makes for a funky lookin plant LOL Lowers always rooted faster for me...
suprised no one ever logged in asking what would happen if red bull was givin to a plant :p

a few weeks ago I clipped 25 clones from an older mom that had lots of tall branches. over half of them were from tops. I have read that the lower branches have less growth hormone and will start rooting faster, however, all but 3 of mine rooted quite well but did take a week longer to root. I think the key for mine was cutting all of the fan leaves away and leaving just the tops.

Latest posts

Back