Giving and Receiving Thanks-

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Avatar was made by a cat the goe sby the name "Clay Street"

I don't associate with the website he is a moderator at anymore, but if you google search his username I am sure you can find him. He is the best Avatar guy on the web bar none.

I am sure a few others here would back me up on that:D

BTW if you do track him down , tell him SFC needs another one. He knows where to find me.;)

Mutt said:
Thanks is a lil rep, giving rep gives more points.
Rep is a measure of how much someone contributed. If the rep, is high or thanks is high you can tell that the persons input is more reliable or more personable than someone with a red rep level.
After while you don't even look at it and just remember certain peeps.
Like you Homeade...after posting about snakes...I know ya on this bored...but a NEWB slides right by my until there presence is more known by me.
I liked the idea of rep awhile ago, but I see people thanking others for what I would say is not a contribution. I know the word "contribution" could be interpeted as just a post added to the site. Most of my rep (22) came from a pic in the BPOTM (I only got 1 vote and it wasn't mine. That actually felt better than the 22 thanks). I appreciate the idea behind thanking, but for me I look at different factors. You can figure out the core group that posts and keeps this place interesting.
As for thanking people.....I am deficient in taking that extra step for it to show, but I hope people see it in a response.

I like to give thanks whenever i read a post that is useful/entertaining...Just because it doesnt spread knowledge doesnt mean it doesnt deserve thanks. Go check out the thread entitled "Just for you brothers grunt", and you will see MANY posts that deserve thanks without being informative :hubba:

SmokinMom said:
Those are coolness cubes Deb.

:spit:

No seriously- those are your reputation points. Your reputation increases when someone gives you rep on posts and they also add up when folks give you "thanks." ;)
Hey there SmokinMom

So glad they're NOT coolnees cubes- I'd be a little bummed. Thanks so much for explaining them to me.

Really good post too- think you got a number of people thinking about when, why and how often they thank others. GOOD JOB!!
PL Deb

it said I had given too much thanks in the last 24 hours...why is that? Is there a limit?

I love it! Laughed my *** off- "
'...too much thanks in the last 24 hrs.' It's absolutely too funny- considering our post here. Maybe it's my warped sense of humor......it's not only me, is it??

I thank god everyday Im alive... And I hope one day we can realize that peace isnt so far away if we actually put our heads together and make it happen

"Love one another as I have love for there is no greater sacrifice than one who lays down his life for his friends"-Jesus Christ (round about quote) maybe not exact.
also It is better to give than receive:)

Alessandro Botticelli - Holy Trinity with Mary Magdalene, St. John the Baptist and Tobias and the An

I have learned so much in such a short time only by you good people giving up your hard earned knowledge. I am very grateful, saying thank you does not seem enough. So if you get fed up of me thanking one and all, it's just that i am realy happy that i found you. I'm not here for giving growing knowledge as I have very little of that (for now lol). Respect and good manners cost nothing.
Peace
Artfan.
Ps do you like my atvar i took a pic of my pre flower and manipulated it.

I give thanks to all yall on this site... Yay for thank you's :)

Thank You and thank you to all you other folks out there that are here helping people grow the herb.

211281404_6fa39c5350.jpg

misc2.jpg

Latest posts

Back