giving back.to mother nature!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunsmoke

class of 78"
Reaction score
Hi!
It is now the perfect time to think obout ordering some common milkweed seeds
( $3.00 )pack and plant it simply while you are out and about. Not by your grow of course just here and there in suuny spots. You don't have to hide it.
It would be nice but getting it re established might be hard but just plant some every year and it might happen.
Most monarch.butterfly's larvae and catterpillers grow up on common milkweed. There are other types of milkweed for different conditions but common is best if possible.
There are lots of plants that attract and feed butterfly's but milkweed is the main plant for reproduction.
Thank you from the butterflies!

Only one Weed i plant on purpose. Lol
:48:

Gunsmoke that is a great idea. We had a lane on the farm i used to live on. When i told my mom about the mild weed plant and the butterflies, she went out in the lane and put a wire cage around all of them.. I used to love to play with those sappy milky plants.

Thanks for the heads up.

I have a nice sized corner dedicated to sunflowers--all sizes and colors. The birds, bees and butterflies love them. The wonderful thing is that once you get a patch started, it will keep reseeding as the birds always drop a bunch of seeds while feeding. And of course, you can replant what the birds don't drop or you can roast and eat them.

So, thg, get some milkweed going to save the butterflies too. You rock.

This can go in an out of the way spot in the yard or you're neighbors yard. The common milkweed isn't real pretty but its still the butterflies favorite love shack. Baby'

I have lots of Honney Suckle and Morning Glory's

Those plants are great for the butterflies! Also hummingbirds bees etc. They all will feed on them.
The reason I keep mentioning common milkweed. ( stockseed.com) is that they - monarchs - actually use it specifically for reproduction in the majority of the time. The milkweed population is decimated by up to 80% in some areas.
This is the migration/ reproduction route for monarch butterflies. Imagine the world without them.

Latest posts

Back