Gmo grows Top Dawg I-Tre95

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know what model that is? Looks sweet.
Is that the one where you need the driver mounted away from the light? I heard guys were having trouble with the leds powering down because they were in close proximity to the power cord. Not sure which Mars were doing this.
I believe that problem was associated with their 1000 model, making the supply remote (most Mars hydro lights now allow this) cured the problem. Looks like a grounding thing. Mine (SP3000) shut down fine, power supply in place.
That was the issue I was talking about the drivers needed to be moved off frame,
I am not sure of the one you just bought seems they worked the ground problem out
We Hope. Nice Light Brother
The issue would not be hard to fix, appears the supply needs isolated from frame of light.

Bubba

Alright, time to get this journal really kicked off...

Aero tent veg day 18. New light was installed and is set to about 80% intensity. The plants are responding and a little bit droopy, but I'm betting that they bounce back pretty quickly. I am seeing what appears to be Calcium deficiency on the lower leafs moving up. Strange, because I'm really tight with my environmental controls. I lowered the pH a bit to see if I can get it under control. Open to hearing opinions of anyone sees something that I'm missing.

I did notice that my temperature dropped a few degrees with the new light and my reservoir temp is already easier to control. I attribute that to the larger heatsinks allowing the lights to run cooler. This is welcome because I was having to do ice bottles in the reservoir to keep things under control.

pH 5.65, temp 72f, RH 60%, reservoir temp 64f

Soil tent day 47. Plants are a little runtier than last couple grows. Not sure if I stunted them, or if it's just the phenotype lottery. They're also both going purple way earlier than they have in the past. Could be attributed to lower lights off temp now that the ambient room temperature is getting lower. They were fed today with wk 3 flowering nutrients at 900ppm.
Temp 72f, RH 45%, pH of feed water 6.52
20211126_104850.jpg
20211126_105000.jpg
20211126_105114.jpg
20211126_105207.jpg

One reason for the reduced heat is the led chips used. While one might say, light is light, this feature allows 10-12 inch heights over the canopy. Mine require 18 inches, so you get 6-8 more inches of grow height with these newer lights. 6-8 inches in a tent is a lot....

Still on sale for a few more days, guess I could wait until 4/20, they always do a sale then. So tempted. That 80 inch 4x4 and that light are screaming at me!

Bubba

@Bubba the extra few inches of vertical room will be a welcome addition! I'm really, really impressed with this light. The build quality is outstanding, they're ip65 waterproof which will make cleaning a breeze, and the light spread is amazing!

Well. That didn't help! LOL. If I hadn't already have a 4x4 and own 2 SP3000 lights it would be done. This technology is changing fast!

Bubba

Well, I would like the extra height, mine is 6 ft. I could still use the tent...I may have to divest some stuff. The 4x4 is in a location that is too hot (without further modification) to be practical in summer.

This light might turn the corner on the heat. Looks like yet another friend is getting set up with a 2x4 and SP3000! Or the three 100 watt panels, or 600 watt hortilux hps. Gotta get shed, or use what I got. I only need one tent. The 2x4 were for other locations suitable for hotter season. Why two 2x4? Well I had 2 of the SP 3000, and these sales made getting another 2x4 cheap, IDK!

Bubba

Last edited:
@Bubba I can attest that the 80" tents are far more practical than the 72" tents. I'm using the AC Infinity 48"x48"x80" and can say that it's very nice quality.

As you said, that extra 8" makes a huge difference. I'm hopeful that the light will also buy me some headroom. I wanna grow monsters!

I am watching, but I can tell you will have great results, AND I will buy this light. Oh well. This is going to be monster! The home grow tent market is exploding with good stuff.

Bubba

Maybe if you are real nice SantaMars will bring you one to do a grow with, Never know it happens in forums all the time.

omg.... THAT would change my growing forever, could put the SF1000 little spider farmer in the shorter tent 2x2x4..
my Gorilla Light tent is 2 x 2.5 x 6.7 high and the ability to add another 18" in an expansion kit if ever need be.. loved
that feature.. really thought when I started this light was max for this size tent.. boy am I wrong.. just not getting the
penetration... I can see why so many go to using trellis work to keep the buds above canopy...

I am watching, but I can tell you will have great results, AND I will buy this light. Oh well. This is going to be monster! The home grow tent market is exploding with good stuff.

Bubba

Right bro.... prices are reflecting this boom a bit also.. soil prices shot up around here.. makes it more difficult on the little guy. My buddy Atilla buys in bulk for his other business, I can save $10 a bag going thru him now...

yeah, probably a bit over kill for my small tent.. Guerilla Light 2 x 2.5 x 6.7h... right now I'm just running a Spider
Farmer SF1000 and a 2ft HLUX strip LED... might order another 2pk of the HLUX soon as I love the results of the
40w light and 2 for $37 can't be beat.... hey, budget growers gotta be creative and watch for the deals...

It actually runs much cooler than the 4 TS1000s did. I would actually describe it as running cool.
I thought that might be the case. Those Bridgelux LEDs run cooler. Are you going to use CO2?

Bubba

@Bubba I may look on to supplemental CO2 next spring/summer. For now, I'm just gonna run it as is.

Day 50 in the soil tent. Wedding Cake looks beautiful. Definitely a different pheno than I've run in to so far. It's probably not going to yield as much as past grows, but it sure is pretty!
20211129_081254.jpg

4/5 have popped ground and the last one is showing that it'll will be breaking ground shortly. Took the time today to clean and sanitize they're 4'x4' tent and all the equipment in preparation for them moving in this week.

View attachment 281915View attachment 281916

Hi there gmo, I see your a water farming. I grow in dirt. Wishing you a fun and fruitful grow.
1638203232662.png

Aero tent day 25. Plants seem to be responding well to the new light. They've at least doubled in size over the past week. I did notice some minor green algae forming on the plumbing inside the tote. I've cleaned it up and added black vinyl tape to the lid to keep light out of the reservoir. I've also started using hydroguard at every top off. I've slowed down whatever was causing the necrosis on the bottom leaves by lowering the pH to the 5.6-5.8 range. I'm thinking it was a manganese issue due to pH being in the 5.8-6.1 range during early growth
pH 5.7, temp 72f, res temp 66f, RH 50%, light turned up to 100%.

Soil tent day 54. Looking promising. Very nice color and buds are starting to thicken up. I'm feeding every other watering and they seem to be liking that this time.
Temp 72f, RH 40%

Bonus pic of some Fam95 that's been curing in jars for 3 weeks now. It's FAMtastic. Stinky, potent, and beautiful.
20211203_110807.jpg
20211203_110848.jpg
20211203_110937.jpg
20211203_111007.jpg
20211203_111507.jpg

Last edited:
Aero tent Day 30 veg. No sex yet on any of them. These will likely veg for 50 days before flipping to flower.
I upped the CaliMagic to 3mL/g and the growth issue seems to be resolved. They've grown quite a bit over the past 5 days since the last update.
temp 74f, RH 55%, reservoir temp 68f, pH 5.7
20211207_222518.jpg

Aero tent day 33. They're really growing now. Still not showing sex. I'll be topping and taking cuts soon.
pH 5.95, temp 74f, RH 60%, res temp 66f

Soil tent day 62. I feel like I've got the Wedding Cake really dialed in this time around. I'm digging the structure and colors this time!
20211211_215513.jpg
20211211_215014.jpg
20211211_215755.jpg
20211211_215822.jpg

Latest posts

Back