Gmo grows Top Dawg I-Tre95

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 23 aero tent. Trichs started showing today. Plants are drinking A LOT of water at this point, about 5g a day. I'm having a hard time keeping pH down, it seems to want to stay around 6.3-6.4. I've been adding 15-21mL of pH down 2 times a day to keep everything where I want it.
pH 6.37 (before adding 18mL pH down), RH 40%, temp 70f, res temp 62f
20220126_201301.jpg
20220126_201343.jpg

Since some of you have reached out for tips, I figured I'd rather post some of my best practices here for everyone to access.

Over the years I've had some really bad grows and some grows that I'm really proud of. The biggest difference has been RECORD KEEPING. I'd scream that from the rooftops if it would help anyone else with their growrooms. Keep track of what you're doing! We're human, and we forget things sometimes. When you take notes to look back on, it can help prevent issues and can help keep track of things that were successful/unsuccessful.

I also keep a laminated copy of my nutrient feedchart so that it's always easily accessible. I really like the GH feedchart because it gives a target PPM and EC. It has saved me in the past when I've accidentally overdosed prior to transferring in to my reservoir.

Buy good meters -- especially if you're growing hydroponically. Read the instructions and KEEP YOUR METERS CALIBRATED.

Most importantly, have fun and keep an open mind. Don't over baby your plants. It's a weed, it'll grow if you give it room and time to do so.

Keep it green!
20220127_170154.jpg
20220127_170210.jpg
20220127_170239.jpg
20220127_170322.jpg

Day 26 aero tent. Lights out pictures. Added 5g of solution to the reservoir. Things are looking good, with some minor pH symptoms showing. I've been having a hard time keeping the pH down near 5.8pH where I'd like it to be. It seems that it wants to hover around 6.3-6.4pH. I've become more aggressive in adding pH down to the reservoir to bring it down to 5.5pH and let it drift up from there. I'm already seeing positive results from that method.
Lights out temp 65f, reservoir temp 62f, pH 5.78, RH 40%
20220129_100321.jpg
20220129_100246.jpg
20220129_100346.jpg
20220129_100338_resized.jpg
20220129_100246_resized.jpg

looks nice, mebbe time to defoliate a little to let the light in...

Thank you all for your very kind words.

I'm seeing 2 very distinct phenos in the bunch. The plant on the left in the pictures is producing very OG Kush looking plants. Big, broad leafs, stacked colas, very indica dominant. The plant on the right is growing much more Chemdawg staturesque -- very similar to the Fam95 and Chemdawg plants that I grew last time.

Let's look at the family line of the Top Dawg Seeds ITre95:
Tre 95 x I-95

Tre95:
Tre Dawg x I-95
------->
Tre Dawg:
Chem D (F) x Double Dawg (M)
------->
Double Dawg:
Chem D (F) x Chem D/Afghani #1 (M)

I-95:
Triangle Kush (F) x Legend Og/Stardawg IX2 (M)
-------->
Triangle Kush:
An Indica-dominant cross of Emerald Triangle and the Hindu Kush, Triangle Kush strain is believed to have been originally developed by breeders in Florida, with genetics obtained from Nevil Schoenmaker's Seed Bank in Amsterdam.
--------->
Legend OG:
The strain is presumed to be an OG Kush phenotype that offers more floral and citrus aromas than its well-known counterpart.
---------->
Stardawg IX2:
Star Dawg (Corey Haim) (F) x Star Dawg (M)
------------------>
Star Dawg:
Chem 4 (F) x Tres Dawg (M)

Day 35 of flowering in the aero tent. I'm starting to see some nice stacking and bud formations. Starting to get some nice fruity OG smells mixed with pungent skunk.
pH 5.9, RH 45%, res temp 65f, temp 65f (lights out)
20220207_122940.jpg
20220207_123014_resized_20220207-130509.jpg
20220207_123036.jpg
20220207_122951.jpg

As the weather is about to start warming up, I went ahead and ordered a chiller that should take care of my reservoir temperature even during the hottest months. It was a little more than I had planned to spend, but I truly believe in the saying "buy once, cry once". I went with the JBJ Artica 1/15hp model that should be good for up to a 40g reservoir (I typically keep 12-15g in my current tote) and accurate within 1/2 of a degree F. I like that I'll be able to set a desired temperature range and then it'll take care of the rest.
20220209_215053.jpg

I swear your grows cost me a fortune, but "cry once" is so correct.

So....got a link, or was this Amazon?

Thanks,

Bubba

@Bubba here ya go. Keep in mind that this is really a luxury item for me and not 100% out of necessity. More of an item to make my grow a little more automated and predictable.
Last summer I battled my reservoir temperature with frozen bottles of water added to the reservoir. It was completely doable and I was successful without the chiller.
I ordered through Amazon because it was cheaper than other places by $80-100 and it'll get to me quick.
JBJ Arctica Aquarium Chiller, 1/15 HP Amazon.com: JBJ Arctica Aquarium Chiller, 1/15 HP : Pet Supplies

Last edited:
Yes I looked them up. It is a little pricey, but then again I do remember you writing about the difficulty of maintaining reservoir temps.

I intend to build that hydro unit, and with the extras that entails, this would be one less problem, or I would have to abandon hyro except for winter.

If one is going to do it, may as well do it right!

Bubba

Reactions: gmo
Yes I looked them up. It is a little pricey, but then again I do remember you writing about the difficulty of maintaining reservoir temps.

I intend to build that hydro unit, and with the extras that entails, this would be one less problem, or I would have to abandon hyro except for winter.

If one is going to do it, may as well do it right!

Bubba
The other chiller I had really looked in to and had my eye on was about $150 and is what is called a peltier style chiller. It uses computer heatsinks and fans to chill the water. It had mixed reviews, and although I think it would have worked for my application, I didn't want to flush money down the drain for something that may not work for a long period of time. The prebuilt peltier I was looking at is called the Ice Probe thermoelectric chiller. They're now discontinued, but can still be found at many online aquarium supply retailers.
I really love the system that I'm currently working with. It's served me very well and taught me a lot about hydroponics and proven to me that hydro is superior (to me) in every way vs. other methods. I'm sure that some folks prefer other methods, or can see flaws in my setup, but it's what has proven to be enjoyable and workable in my life.
I'd love to help ya out if you get one going and have questions or concerns!

Latest posts

Back