gmo's Mango and God Bud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmo

Ganja Farmer
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
This'll be my journal for mango and god bud. I have started 9 of each strain, they are from BC Seedking. Got a few in dirt that have showed a taproot already and a few more that are still in paper towels awaiting germination. These are both new strains for me, so I may need some help along the way. Pictures will be posted when there is something to see.

Pulling up a seat...GREEN MOJO for your beans...

those sounds like nice strains...will there be pictures in this grow journal?

will be keeping an eye on this one. i have some mango about 2 weeks of harvest my grow went alright but i always end up with major yellowing when i go into flowering have not been able to figure out why yet. hope all goes well for you

Thanks for the mojo you guys!

2dog : There will be pictures when there is something to see, right now its just 18 starter pots with soil, not too much to see.

8 of each of the seeds cracked and showed a taproot, 1 of each still hasn't germinated yet. I put them in soil anyways just to see what happens. One of the God buds put out a double taproot, I had that happen last run with a kush bean too. Last time I kulled the smaller of the 2 plants from the double taproot plant, and the remaining plant thrived.

Not really much special about the setup, it is a closet with flat white walls. I have some mylar I may or may not put up, not sure yet. Right now they are under flouro's until they get big enough to go under the 400w MH. Then for flower it'll be under a 400w HPS unless I upgrade. They are, and will remain in, Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. When they are old enough they will receive the FF lineup of liquid nutes. Think that's about it.

GMO! Ok I'm gonna be watching this one closely. I have asked in every forum I have been to what everybody's fav mango is and every body likes 'em different! This oughta be good. Mango in 'real' time;)

Any chance you might be doing a cross here? A little heavenly mango maybe?

Ok, got my seat and I'm ready to see it for myself!

GL with the grow!

NV, it'll be a while before I do seeds. I'll be taking clones for sure, and I got my eyes out for a good male if he decides to show. Time will tell!

This morning the god buds are beginning to peak out of the soil, so the race is on! Grow baby grow!

Everything is going well over in this neck of the woods. I have 8 Mangos and 9 1/2 God Buds. "What, 9 1/2?" you might ask? Well the seed that had to taproots put out 2 separate plants. I gently scooted them away from one another until I decide which to cull. One of them only put out 1 cotyledon, and it looks like it will only put out 1 leaf on at least the 1st node. Never seen that before personally.

So enough rambling, 17/18 seeds sprouted, almost 95%, so I'm pleased. More to come in the near future.

Edit: 420th post, hopefully a good omen.

Ok, still not that much going on. I do have a little bit of stretch, but I usually have some at this point in the grow. They are just under flouro strips for another few days, but I'll switch them over to 400w MH by the end of the week. I like to wait as long as possible because I don't like to run the HID 24hrs a day, too much heat and energy to keep on all day at this stage.

To correct the stretch I just bury the stem all the way up to the cotyledons when I transplant, which will be in the next 7-10days.

Here are some pictures of the 'mutant', and then just an overall shot so you can see what I have going on. Hope everyone enjoys their day.

100_1316 [].JPG

100_1318 [].JPG

100_1319 [].JPG

Sweet!

I have Mango's on the way from BCSK myself, pulling my chair up for this one.

Good luck with the grow :hubba:

Yo GMO ! I too have the mango runnin ( 10) seeds all in coco coir for medium and all are in DWC..... I'll be poppin to see how things are progressin ! smoke well~

Everything going well over here. We are on our first set of real leaves now and the second nodes are starting to grow. Transplant is scheduled for tomorrow and the light will change to 400w MH tomorrow also. I'll get pics up tomorrow too.

Chef's mojo fer the mango! Gonna pull up the vape fer this one already making plans fer a mango order.

A day late on changing the bulb and the transplant, but it has now happened as of this morning. Plants in 1 gallon pots, except for 3 weaklings that I'm gonna keep an eye on for the time being, they are in 20oz cups. 2 of the weaklings are the 2 sprouts from the 1 god bud and the 3rd is another weakling god bud. I also culled 1 god bud because it just stopped growing and got droopy and started to die.

If your counting then that means I have 8 mangos and 6 god buds in 1 gallon pots and 3 god buds in 20oz cups.

We are now 7 days veg.

100_1323 [].JPG

100_1327 [].JPG

100_1329 [].JPG

100_1330 [].JPG

100_1333 [].JPG

nvthis said:
Any chance you might be doing a cross here? A little heavenly mango maybe?
Or one could call it 'ManGod'.:p

Mind if I sit in? Sounds scrumptious.

Grab a :bong1: and hang out for a bit Pot Belly. I like the sound of "mangod", too. Clever, clever.

Forgot to mention that the Mango's are in the round pots and the God Buds are in the black grow bags. Just in case anyone is interested.

This is too much. Man, GMO, this is like being ten and waiting for Christmas morning! I sure wish mj grew faster;)

Latest posts

Back