Gmo's momma and clone room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@WeedHopper I heard that the vitamin c in the oranges help them root faster. That hasn't been working though, so this time I just added straight OJ to the fog reservoir. Seems to be working but it's creating a sticky mess and there are fruit flies everywhere...ok just joking 🤣

@pute the 2 Itre95 moms are huge only because I'm afraid of losing them. I've tried to take cuts 3 times and none have rooted since those initial 2. As soon as I can get a reliable method down, I plan to flower these 2 out.

Well, things escalated quickly in my cloning tent 🤣 it's gonna be nice to have all this dedicated space for propagation!

Currently:
Fog cloner-
2 Itre95
2 Mr. Nice
1 Chem 91
1 GMO x GTH
1 Fireasfuck

Clone dome w/ rapid rooters -
1 Chem 91
1 Pie Face
3 Fireasfuck
5 Mr. Nice

Happy to say that I'm seeing roots on the GMO x GTH that's on the fog cloner. It'll be moved in to a rapid rooter today. The 2nd one is in soil already and showing new growth.

I'm also seeing roots on the pie face clone that's in a soil plug (similar to a rapid rooter, but it's made of compressed soil). It'll be moved to soil in the next day or so.

New arrivals coming tomorrow, all rooted and ready for soil:
Cuban Black Haze (aka piff)
Afgooey (breeder cut)
Strawberry Cough (Kyle Kushman cut)

Last edited:
5/25/22 in the mom room:
2 Itre95
Fireasfuck (tiki cut)
Sour Diesel (AJ Cut)
ChemD
GMO x GTH
Hollywood Pure Kush
Pie Face
Cuban Black Haze (piffcoast)
Strawberry Cough (Kyle Kushman cut)
Afgooey (breeder cut)
Stardawg (Corey Haim cut)

Waiting on roots (prop tent):
91 Chem
Mr. Nice

Moved Mr. Nice in to the mom room. Had several clippings and they are all showing roots, or close to showing roots. The most developed got transplanted in to my mom room today.
Also had one of my GMO x GTH (what I'm currently running) pop roots in the fog cloner today. I ever so carefully moved it in to a rapid rooter and placed in the clone dome to further develop.
20220527_110804.jpg
20220527_112219.jpg

Oh, **** yes. Stardawg Corey, my old friend.

Also, Pink runtz joins the tent. I'm just waiting on chem91 to root and I'll be full up and not taking any more in for some time.

20220527_184233.jpg

Watering Chem D tonight. This one is starting to take off, and I'm super excited to have it in my stable. One of the characteristics of the Chem D is variegation on the leafs. For a long time there was talk that the variegation in this strain was related to the tobacco mosaic virus (TMV), but many people have had the strain tested for the virus and it comes back negative. It is simply a characteristic that this phenotype carries and makes it easily distinguishable.
More info and history on Chem D can be found on this very informative High Times article:
https://hightimes.com/grow/25-years-of-chem-dog/
20220530_212657.jpg
20220530_212706.jpg

Pure Kush was getting tall and not doing a whole lot of bushing, so I topped it tonight. I placed the cut in to my fog cloner to root out.
I'm starting to have much, much better results with my clone success rate. I'm not sure what changed, but I'm seeing positive results!

Twas a good mail day.
New additions to my mom tent include:
Pablo's Revenge
RS11 (rainbow sherbet #11)
Legend OG

I had to get rid of both of the BIG girls (itre95) to make room. I've started new rooted clones in 1g pots to replace the discarded moms. Nothing lost.

I think I have 4 more cuts on the way. I've kind of lost track what's coming but ok now that one of them is sr71 purple kush. Will update when new strains land.
20220607_132724.jpg

Mom room is officially full up. Guess I'll be ordering another tent. I feel like an addict.
17 amazing strains to work through!
As of 6/7/22 my list is:
Pie face
Cuban black haze
Pink runtz
Stardawg Corey
Fireasfuck
Sour Diesel
Chem D
GMO x GTH
Chem91
pure kush
Afgooey
ITre95
Pablo's Revenge
Legend og
Rainbow Sherbet 11
Chem91
Strawberry cough
20220607_231044.jpg

I officially lost strawberry cough. It failed to thrive upon transplanting after I received it. That's ok, makes room for something else in the coming weeks. Everything else seems just fine…

Took several clones off of many of the plants this week:
4 FAF
1 ChemD
1 Sour D
1 Afgooey
1 Pie Face
1 Pure Kush

My success rates with cloning are MUCH better than they had been. I think a lot of it had to do with the strain; I was having extreme difficulty rooting Itre95 for the first several months if this year (sometimes taking 30 days to root) and having about a 25% success rate. In my last attempt at rooting I had 5 of 9 root in 8 days! The majority of the others look like they'll show roots this week.

Something cool -- my first clipping off of Pure Kush rooted in 4 days in the fog cloner. Couldn't believe it!

Twas a good mail day.
New additions to my mom tent include:
Pablo's Revenge
RS11 (rainbow sherbet #11)
Legend OG

I had to get rid of both of the BIG girls (itre95) to make room. I've started new rooted clones in 1g pots to replace the discarded moms. Nothing lost.

I think I have 4 more cuts on the way. I've kind of lost track what's coming but ok now that one of them is sr71 purple kush. Will update when new strains land.
View attachment 299497
Just finished a Legend OG. Your "Pure Kush" sounds interesting.

Bubba

Reactions: gmo
Just finished a Legend OG. Your "Pure Kush" sounds interesting.

Bubba
The person I got it from provided this information...
"AKA LA Pure Kush (80s clone cut) sourced locally (Washington State area) in 2013".
He says it finishes in 49 days for him. Another friend with the same exact cut, from the same source, just pulled his down at 55 days. Haven't had one flower that quickly in ages!

Fireasfuck looking too good to not snap a picture of tonight. It's started receiving week 3 veg nutrients and I've taken at least a half dozen clones off of her already. Looking forward to flowering her out in the future!
20220612_222839.jpg

Latest posts

Back