Gnats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siobudbor

Reaction score
Has anyone used DE to eliminate these? If so, when is it best to apply? Right after watering...next day when it's a bit dry on top? How much should be used?
I've been using the shop vac on the little pricks for a week but that's no solution. I'm in soil using organics. Maybe neem oil...

Attachments

• 20201127_060208.jpg
    20201127_060208.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 14
Gnats are relatively easy to eliminate. Keep the top of soil dry and remove all dead leaves and clean up the room with bleach. The flyers can be killed with regular household mosquito killers as long as you're not flowering. For the res water, either peroxide or mosquito dunk.

Try sticky traps for the adults and Nematodes for the eggs in the soil if you want to stay organic.

Pyganic is organic and that **** works on a lot of bugs from aphids to spider mites

ask me how I know

I did find Pyganic at the local shop...$110 for a quart!!! Couldn't pull the trigger. 8oz for $22 from Amazon but not in stock until December 5th. I can SEE their effects..killin me. Scales are slowly tipping towards paying the ransom to get started. I like the idea of Nematodes, may see if they have some of that....

So how do you know about Pyganic's power? Hope you didn't take out your crop...I'm a little leary using the 1st time. Don't you need to drench the soil? Directions say you can but .375oz for 5gal covers 1000 sf. I've got 4 plants in 7gal pots. I got the impression the guy at the shop hadn't actually used it before, he was saying use a sprayer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back