Gnats?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think so but I would also like to know from someone with more experience.

Stunzeed..

Get rid of them asap because they can cause damage to your plants or atleast the larva can. The larva will feed on the roots of your plants. Gnats love wet dirt. What ya need to do is get yourself some sand and put about an inch or two of it ontop of the soil. You also wanna put some around the holes on the bottoms of your pots as well.

Opencountry said:
Well thats not good. Im assuming there was larva in the soil he bought, How do we kill the larva? The soil is very sandy to begin with, does this matter? He has a bag of playgroung sand.
All we did was just place about 1 or 2 inches of sand on the top of the soil. The larva will die because they will have no place to go once the sand is in place. Once you kill all the flyers the rest will follow. Atleast it did with us and we had them bad. ;)

Opencountry said:
Thanks

Im glad I asked, Gonna have him get right on it before it gets out of control. I squashed about three of them and only saw a couple more flying around, I hope they dont breed quickly. lol
Yes they breed fast so the quicker you get them the better your gonna be. By the way dude HAPPY BIRTHDAY you old fart. Damn man 101 years old. :D

I battled fungus gnats myself about a year ago.

I used Gnatrol in the soil for the larvae, Bon-Neem spray, pest strips and also layered the top of my soil with perlite. The adults won't burrow into it like they will with soil to lay eggs.

The whole thing should take 2-3 weeks as there's a lot of eggs per every adult you see buzzing around.

And let your soil get nice and dry before you water/feed.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back