Goat & Monkey Memorial Blues Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carty

Check out my big Black Oger
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RIP Matt.. Xochipilli aka Goat & Monkey Seeds. funny note: when we met a few years ago I asked him, so which one are you, Goat or Monkey. He says, Both, just
thought it sounded cool. that was Matt. and when you lose a guy like this you sing the blues.. I'll be doing the next best thing and that is start 2 of Matt's Feminized seeds
he gave to me back when he asked me to pass out over 300 seeds to testers. Matt wanted it done anonymously in the beginning so had me pass them out to 20 testers.
Matt took care of me by sponsoring me with seeds, whenever and whatever I wanted, which I usually shared out .. but, I saved just a few.

1 - Molokai #5 x White Runtz, I only got a handful of these and I managed to keep just a single seed for myself.
1 - Urkle x White Runtz, part of his testers of White Runtz crosses he wanted feedback on.. went so great we went to naming them..

And like I said, when you lose someone as special and generous as Matt.. who's knowledge and love for this plant was almost unmatched.. the dude was smart.
well as I said, you sing the blues and in this case, the strains will speak for me..

2 - Draig's Blue Ice
2 - Herijuana x Toxic Blue
2 - Heri Blue Mist 2010

These are all photo periods and the bottom 6 will need to be sexed. Only the pick of the litter makes it to the 3 gal pots.. of course we'll lose some to males, out of the 6 I only
really need 2.. when you have to sex plants always plant 2-3x's what you actually need...

new run 3.jpg

All were dropped into filtered water last night and this morning all sank.. Actually, the Herijuana x Toxic Blue sank immediately and I know these are very old seeds..
Pretty sure this is an old cross by Mota.. anyway, as you can see all have the Blues in them.. so singing the Blues for Matt.. love ya bro

you just wait Dude and you will have more G&M seeds than you will ever be able to grow

i am still shaking my head that Matt has went intergalactic on us…..grief , anger , and love all mixed together

I mean, how many great people we lose this year eh guys? and to many way too young. I hope his sister got the closure she needed.. we spoke trying to narrow things down and had no luck. very sad.

Ok.. now this is weird.

I started all these seeds together 3 days ago. all sank, went into damp paper towels and into the oven mit.

THE ONLY 2 SEEDS TO GERMINATE, AND I MEAN AT ALL, WERE MATT'S 2 SEEDS..

How epic is that. talk to me brother Matt.. hehe. we will not let all your hard work be for not.

Big my friend.. you got me going with my 1st auto of Gabagoo that I'm preserving atm.. hope I can
repay you one day buddy for all the love.

Ok.. let me get this thread going and up load some photos I just took.. brb.

Dropped into water the eve of the 1st.. tonight I expected to see them ALL with tails like usual.
Nope, Only Matt's seeds so I'm taking that as a sign.. a good sign.
Photo period run next.jpg

M3.jpg

After I place them into damp paper towels, somewhere warm and dark.. Oven Mit works great..
into oven mit.jpg

The soil again this run is FoxFarm's Strawberry Fields, a Mushroom compost loamy soil..
M5.jpg

What else would an old hippie use
M6.jpg

Indoors to keep things clean and organized, I dump the bag into this and use out of it..
M4.jpg

At this point, it's just an assembly line for me.. Love having the center island we put in here.. I line them all up on the island with drip trays and fill them with soil just over halfway. Never compact your soil by pushing it down, allow the water to settle it. this is why you water in a little now. Mine takes a cup here.

Then I finish filling the pots to 3/4 and water in half a cup. Like I said, assembly line. Now it's ready for planting because the seedling will not be allowed to sink deeper as you water in afterwards, see... lol. when I read that I was like, I've lost many a seed that flipped upside down or sank to deep..

Poke a half inch deep hole, I just use the plants label to do this, then place it into the pot..
plant, we all know, tail down.. lol
M2.jpg
M1.jpg

I place a small amount of soil over the hole and slightly water it and walla.. good for 2 days.. I check them
after that and if dry I water lightly with eye dropper until it pops up and begins it's journey..

And Photosynthesis begins..

Carty is right. Gotta be careful how you water your seeds. They can move easy. That's why he uses a dropper. I poke tiny holes in the top of a water bottle to water seeds or popped seeds with tails.

Dropped into water the eve of the 1st.. tonight I expected to see them ALL with tails like usual.
Nope, Only Matt's seeds so I'm taking that as a sign.. a good sign.
View attachment 314480
View attachment 314486

After I place them into damp paper towels, somewhere warm and dark.. Oven Mit works great..
View attachment 314481
The soil again this run is FoxFarm's Strawberry Fields, a Mushroom compost loamy soil..
View attachment 314483
What else would an old hippie use
View attachment 314484
Indoors to keep things clean and organized, I dump the bag into this and use out of it..
View attachment 314485
I have used the strawberry soil the last two grows including ti auto tent grow. I love the soil and no gnats in the auto grow and so far no gnats in my currents tents either.

I looked up Strawberry fields in Australia, can't get it here and it would cost me 700 for a bag from the US. Do they have the ingredients on the bag?
Hey buddy... Look for these soils too.. Roots Organics, Happy Frog, ... a good substitute if things are pricey in your area. Bricks of Coir mixed with perlite, worm castings & any soil amendment like peat..

Matt is for sure watching over this grow.. The Urkle germinated so fast in 2 days it shucked it's shell while
still in the damp towel. overnight, she popped up thru the soil born on the 4th. a few hours later, Molokai #5 pushed up thru the dirt, both are up and green. I was so impressed I pulled the Blue Mist seeds and put down my last Urkle x WR seed. No germ, just into the wet medium. I say the 6th it pop up..

Meanwhile, non of the others have even knuckled. Only 1 or 2 of the last 5 will make the cut, and those
have to be sexed yet.. should work out just right.

Right now I have them all in the bigger tent until I can get things situated.. this Mars Hydro light with it's dimmer switch is so spoiling me.. but I need to adjust my hangers to I can raise it up another foot.
M Hydro tent.jpg
G&M babies.jpg
G&M Baby born on the 4th.jpg

All the other brands our really expensive too.
There is a grow shop about 30 minutes from home and he make all his own organics soils etc. I might give his a go. He is called Dr Greenthumbs in
Bellambi. It would be appreciated if you googled him and checked out his soils and advise me.
Matt will watch over the entire grow and he will be so proud.

I was fortunate enough to have Matt come down and spend two 1 week vacations at the cabin with me. He was a very enlightened person, and I’m a better person for knowing him. We smoked a ton of dope and ate like liking… I’ve got at least 15 to 20 packs of his seeds in the fridge that I can’t wait to get to once I get over the twenty20 Mendocino guys gear… I love that stuff, I’ve probably grown eight strains, and only been on the fence on one… I’m growing my second plant of the one strain that disappointed me and I think it was me that didn’t do the seed justice on the first grow…live and learn…

Well folks... I've been approached by the Delisle Family and Matt's silent Partner JT to help bring back Matt's hard workings. and here's why:

It seems that all of Matt's mother plants passed with him and somehow, all his packaged genetics grew legs.. sad state of affairs for sure.

The goal here is to start a "Legacy Line' of G&M Seeds for Matt's son.. no names please.
and thus the name Legacy because all Matt wanted was to leave his son something he created. What we are doing currently is gathering up genetics from Donors, but only from those Matt gifted seeds to and not purchased.. Matt would not want that. So far, we are up to 15 strains, some his older Blueberry works.

Here is my current list:
F2 Stock made
Herijuana x Blueberry
Fire OG x Blueberry
Durban Poison x Triangle Kush
ECSD x White Runtz
Runtz x White Runtz (The tester batch)

On The Way in breeder packs
Chem D x White Runtz
Chem D x Triangle Kush
Chocolate Diesel x Triangle Kush
Blue Dream x TK
Double Trouble

and a few more otw from another friend named... MATT. weird huh? hehe.

I'd like to thank Josh and BigSur51 and Matt for already donating to this awesome cause.. the list is up so we don't repeat any donations unless you really want to as it would give us more breeding choices to continue Matt's works.

Anybody who had the pleasure of knowing Matt, aka Xochipilli, knew just how giving a person he was.
we owe it to his kind soul to honor his memory and give his son something to be so proud of..

I'm fully in, have stopped my Auto growing and will do my best to help JT complete the Legacy Line.
g&m seeds.jpeg

Up 1st in my Garden will be Durban Poison F2 stock, if a male worthy enough shows up I'll make some seeds.. but most seed production will be left to bigger growers then I.
I had just been talking with Matt about hitting his genetics with this Jamaican pollen but I think for now that needs to go on the back burner.

The Molokai #5 x White Runtz is getting big as is the Urkle x White Runtz..
100_0022 (2).JPG

Oh wow Carty, just woke up with a antihistamine buzz from cold meds to read this. I think it’s awesome that you have taken on this task for Matt’s legacy. I do have some nice clones from the Banana TK seeds given to me by boo who got them gifted to him by Matt. I don’t think I have seeds left but the banana TK tent is booming with growth. I would love to send you some if I can figure out how to do it. They are still small so maybe a good time to send them if it’s not to cold…
51A2A34C-45EF-49E2-B784-2A4BE679BAD8.jpeg

I can’t show you a picture now of the tent because they are sleeping but I can tell you that it’s a beautiful strong healthy grow. I had planned to turn them to flower on the 1st but could also wait if cuttings would be better to send than clones. I’m sure I can find a few that can be taken for the cause…

Well folks... I've been approached by the Delisle Family and Matt's silent Partner JT to help bring back Matt's hard workings. and here's why:

It seems that all of Matt's mother plants passed with him and somehow, all his packaged genetics grew legs.. sad state of affairs for sure.

The goal here is to start a "Legacy Line' of G&M Seeds for Matt's son.. no names please.
and thus the name Legacy because all Matt wanted was to leave his son something he created. What we are doing currently is gathering up genetics from Donors, but only from those Matt gifted seeds to and not purchased.. Matt would not want that. So far, we are up to 15 strains, some his older Blueberry works.

Here is my current list:
F2 Stock made
Herijuana x Blueberry
Fire OG x Blueberry
Durban Poison x Triangle Kush
ECSD x White Runtz
Runtz x White Runtz (The tester batch)

On The Way in breeder packs
Chem D x White Runtz
Chem D x Triangle Kush
Chocolate Diesel x Triangle Kush
Blue Dream x TK
Double Trouble

and a few more otw from another friend named... MATT. weird huh? hehe.

I'd like to thank Josh and BigSur51 and Matt for already donating to this awesome cause.. the list is up so we don't repeat any donations unless you really want to as it would give us more breeding choices to continue Matt's works.

Anybody who had the pleasure of knowing Matt, aka Xochipilli, knew just how giving a person he was.
we owe it to his kind soul to honor his memory and give his son something to be so proud of..

I'm fully in, have stopped my Auto growing and will do my best to help JT complete the Legacy Line.
View attachment 316335

there are a few commercial growers lurking whom Matt hooked up with breeder packs and they are laying low right now , they do not like publicity , and will be participating in the Preservation , albeit in the shadows

this Project has the potential to change the landscape of the current seed business and me hopes the road will be one of genetic diversity and not this bottlenecking polyhybred bull feces that we are inundated with , cookie this , cake that , candy here , candy there , like a dam Baskins Robbins ice cream store

lets get back to some pure strandivars , the OG kush , Durban Poison , Skunk #1 , East Coast Sour Diesel, and many more classic flavors that are being lost due to bottlenecking polyhybreds

End of Rant.

i will be over here in the corner vatching and vaiting

Oh wow Carty, just woke up with a antihistamine buzz from cold meds to read this. I think it’s awesome that you have taken on this task for Matt’s legacy. I do have some nice clones from the Banana TK seeds given to me by boo who got them gifted to him by Matt. I don’t think I have seeds left but the banana TK tent is booming with growth. I would love to send you some if I can figure out how to do it. They are still small so maybe a good time to send them if it’s not to cold…
View attachment 316342
I can’t show you a picture now of the tent because they are sleeping but I can tell you that it’s a beautiful strong healthy grow. I had planned to turn them to flower on the 1st but could also wait if cuttings would be better to send than clones. I’m sure I can find a few that can be taken for the cause…
@gmo posted this clone shipping thread a while back. Haven’t tried it but I’m certain it is backed by results.

Thread 'Step-by-step Guide on Shipping Clones and Clippings (with pictures!)'
Step-by-step Guide on Shipping Clones and Clippings (with pictures!)

Free to reach out personally to me if you need tips and SOPs for shipping or if there's a particular cut your looking for. I don't have access to everything, but do have a good network I can tap in to if there's something in particular you need.

Latest posts

Back