Going to flower early…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhatUp?

Reaction score
Am running 1000 watt mh lamp (6000k) and in week 6 of grow. One of my plants has begun to flower!!! Temp 65-75, humidity at 60%.

Any ideas what could cause a plant to start producing buds?

Thanks,

Harry

Am running 1000 watt mh lamp (6000k) and in week 6 of grow. One of my plants has begun to flower!!! Temp 65-75, humidity at 60%.

Thanks,

Harry
Maybe an autoflower seed was inadvertently slipped into your seed purchase. Where did you acquire the seeds?

Thanks,

Harry
What cycle hours are your lights on. Have you changed it recently? Oh and welcome to MP. A lot of smart growers here. Maybe we can figure out what’s going on. Can we see a picture?

Last edited:
What cycle hours are your lights on. Have you changed it recently? Oh and welcome to MP. A lot of smart growers here. Maybe we can figure out what’s going on. Can we see a picture?

Attachments

• 65655215-712F-4FE3-A48D-6AD565A6BBC1.jpeg
    65655215-712F-4FE3-A48D-6AD565A6BBC1.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 0
  • C8E08BFC-86EC-4ABE-A64C-AC309B3B14D1.jpeg
    C8E08BFC-86EC-4ABE-A64C-AC309B3B14D1.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 0
Planted in Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Besides the early buds, I noticed some clawing on 2 plant-one Bruce Banner (by Genetics) and one Ace Killer (by DNA Crew) and I checked the PH and it was in the 5 range. This morning I flushed the pots to clear nutes and increase ph to low 6s. Seeds were purchased vis MNSI.

1000 watt mh light was set about 30” from top of plants. Moved it down to about 20” and am monitoring the heat.
Are now and have always been on 18/6 schedule.

Can these be brought back to grow? They are only about 7-8” tall.

Thanks,

Harry

Planted in Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Besides the early buds, I noticed some clawing on 2 plant-one Bruce Banner (by Genetics) and one Ace Killer (by DNA Crew) and I checked the PH and it was in the 5 range. This morning I flushed the pots to clear nutes and increase ph to low 6s. Seeds were purchased vis MNSI.

1000 watt mh light was set about 30” from top of plants. Moved it down to about 20” and am monitoring the heat.
Are now and have always been on 18/6 schedule.

Can these be brought back to grow? They are only about 7-8” tall.

Thanks,

Harry
Could you have lost power putting them in darkness for a bit longer 6 hours? Trying to figure out why they are blooming early. I don’t know anything about autos but was told by someone that my plants that bloomed early outside may be autos seed mistake.

Could you have lost power putting them in darkness for a bit longer 6 hours? Trying to figure out why they are blooming early. I don’t know anything about autos but was told by someone that my plants that bloomed early outside may be autos seed mistake.
Yeah, it’s a mystery. I also have a 2700k 1000 hps light that I was going to switch to when I decided to flower. Am wondering now if I should just switch out the bulbs and accept that these little plants are flowering. Won’t be much of a harvest, I’m afraid,

There is an Ace Killer autoflower but I don’t think it is bred by DNA. The Ace Killer AF is done in 65-70 days according to the literature.

My seeds say Ace Killer OG. Says allow 55-60 days for flowering. Does that mean total days from seed, or from when it starts to flower?

Btw, DNA Crew is stamped on the seed packet. Maybe they are another middleman. Btw, actually bought these seeds from Pacific Seed Bank, not MNSL.

If the seed is photoperiod, 55-60 days is from flipping to 12/12 lighting. Usually you can count on it being longer than that but that plant that is flowering is an outlier(probably some ruderalis genes in there somewhere so it autoflowered). I would keep the lighting scheme you have been using personally. If you are providing 18/6 or 24/0 light, it is likely to keep on doing what it is doing. You will have a freak that you will be able to harvest and smoke earlier than the other plant(s) you have. Silver lining on your cloud.

Sounds like you have DNA Crew seeds. I doubt some seed seller would go to the trouble of counterfeiting.

Thank you! Just one question: Would you suggest that I keep the MH bulb or switch it to the 2700k HPS?

I don’t use HID bulbs. I have LED lights but my understanding is HPS(I think that has a 2700 k spectrum) helps promote flowering because it mimics the color of light in fall when plants flower. I would keep the MH light going for the other plant(s) since the the other plant(s) is acting normally and is probably going to be the better plant(s). Maybe someone who uses HID lights or grows auto flowers will chime in on that. I would keep 24/0 or whatever you are running until the photo plant(s) are ready to flower. You don’t want to trigger that one to flower(though I think it wouldn’t trigger flowering-plants veg faster under MH and develop flowers better under HPS). Again, I don’t use HID lights so that is just what my understanding is of how plants work.

Latest posts

Back