Going to Try Sea of Green

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Landing

Well, I'm back and I have good news. My cuttings have rooted!

In fact, too many have. I have over 20 clones and I'm expecting another 20.

So, I was thinking of trying Sea of Green.

I have three plants in 30l containers in Screen of Green which are just now going into flowering. Should be ready by New Year's :)

I have another 8 plants: Bubblegummer, Blue Cheese, OG Kush, Dr. Seedsman that are about two weeks from flowering.

Now I'm going to build a box for the Sea of Green.

So, I'm wondering what you guys would consider optimal in terms of box size and pot size.

My goal is to see whether the contention that plant size =/= yield is correct and if so, to try and get a high gram/watt ratio and maybe a gram/pot size.

I'm going to install a 600w light, so I was thinking 1mx1m to 1.2mx1.2m and as for pot size, I already have 6.5 liter pots.

So.. maybe 25 or so 6.5l or perhaps 9 11l pots..

Would appreciate your input.

Thanks.

OK, here's my input. I'm just giving my opinion, so please don't be offended.

If you're not in a legal state or if your grow is not 100% legal, then don't do Sea of Green (SOG). Do SCROG instead.

The reason is because SOG generally takes a lot of plants (with one main cola per plant). And the marijuana laws are written in such a way as to base your prison sentence upon the number of plants you're caught growing. So even though SCROG (with 3 plants) may produce as much or more yield than a SOG grow (with 10 plants), you're doing less jail time if you get caught with SCROG vs. SOG.

Make your grow look "small". Unless you're perfectly legal with what you have.

OK, here's my input. I'm just giving my opinion, so please don't be offended.

If you're not in a legal state or if your grow is not 100% legal, then don't do Sea of Green (SOG). Do SCROG instead.

The reason is because SOG generally takes a lot of plants (with one main cola per plant). And the marijuana laws are written in such a way as to base your prison sentence upon the number of plants you're caught growing. So even though SCROG (with 3 plants) may produce as much or more yield than a SOG grow (with 10 plants), you're doing less jail time if you get caught with SCROG vs. SOG.

Make your grow look "small". Unless you're perfectly legal with what you have.

Lol. Never received such advice on here before.

I don't live in the US and I don't plan on getting caught either way.

Thanks, though.

Lol. Never received such advice on here before.

I don't live in the US and I don't plan on getting caught either way.

Thanks, though.

LOL. Nobody ever plans on getting caught.

Latest posts

Back