Going vegetarian?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
I have thought of going vegetarian (not vegan because I have soy and broad bean allergies) for a week to see if I can shed some avoirdupois. I developed a taste for bloody beer/michelada, which is basically a bloody Mary with beer substituted for white liquor. V8 with Tabasco and Worcestershire, with no alcohol, doesn't taste as horrendous as straight tomato juice, which is plain old GROSS. Toss out some ideas, You People. Kale? Collards? Celery with cottage cheese? Baba ghanoush (like eggplant hummus)? Mushrooms? What foods do you recommend for a lacto-ovo vegetarian? Props in advance.

On a more serious note. I like all kinds of veggies,, but i cant do without my meats. Love a good steak and potatoes.

I live on veggies. Especially now with the garden just now starting to really pop. I do eat meat, Mostly poultry and sea food, but a good steak every now and then. Super foods are dark green veggies...Kale, broccoli and the like. Mrs Pute pretty much keeps me on the south beach diet which is veggies and fruit. I have a smoothie with nuts for breakfast most of the time, no lunch and veggies with chicken or fish for dinner.

My only saving grace is we eat out 3 times a week. I go kinda bad then.

I just picked these radishes.

IMG_20200724_140208315_HDR.jpg

Beans and rice and kale and chard and cabbage

hummus

cashews pecans almonds Brazil nuts pistachios all raw and organic

black bean burgers with tomato onion pickle lettuce mustard ketchup with sweet potato fries fried in coconut oil

tvp chili

been and cheese burritos

oatmeal Bobs muesli

My night to go bad. Home style spaghetti with meatballs. They have the best eggplant in the city but I have been craving pasta!
I am familiar with the pasta craving. 🍝🍝 Spaghetti and meatballs are divine, but lasagna is my addiction, both with and without beef. Of course, I add hot peppers to all of my red sauce pasta.

You may also consider fish now and then. My current and ex both had food sensitivities and a diet based on a heavy helping of veggies (not on baked goods), beans etc... helped a lot. Fish also seemed to be not only fine but helpful.

I eat fish two to three times a week. I especially like shell fish. I can break a king crab down in my sleep. There are two sea food restaurants close that serve sea food trash. The kind where they dump in in the middle of the table and you have at it. Salmon is really healthy but I don't really care for it. Halibut and cod are my favorite fish.

Latest posts

Back