Goldie`s Ghetto Grow - AK47 & LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Auto, start using that shoplight right away! Those are great for growing the buds on the sides of your plants!

:) :) :) As for my four little lowryder crosses here - yup, Independance Day is going to have a whole new MEANING for me this year! :) :) :)

No room for the shoplights yet but hopefully soon when the preflowers show...

So you think they'll be ready by july???? That'll be awesome...hope it keeps goin well!
auto-

I planted them April 1st - July 4th is 90+ days - if they finish in 60, fine! if it takes 90, thats cool too! - do you know if crosses finish early or not, or does it depend on the particular plants? I will go search on it & see what I find out...;)

Those shoplights can be set right in against the plants - cool white bulbs will not get that hot. They will definitely increase the yield. :)

it depends on the plant itself on crosses because it may have that autoflowering gene or it may not....
I'd have to rest the shop light on top of the plant itself it's so crowded in there...

Well:::scratching head:::they won`t go over 90 days, will they? I can`t wait longer than that - this is my very first grow! :)

not likely... but ya never know...just gotta watch the trichomes!!! I know its hard on your first grow....I harvested my first one way too early!!!

No, I won`t do that:::slapping at hands:::but I just thought 90 days would be the max - oh well, it will be sweet to watch & wait & see! :)

Alright, it is one week today. Two were 4" tall, two were 3" tall - long & leggy, all of them. All 4 starting the 2nd set of leaves. I put them into 2-gal. buckets today and and now they are all 2" tall - again - lol. I am going to leave them outdoors at night, covered. Their new home is on my porch.

I am moving prolly next week, so I may be offline a few days again:::sigh:::but I will be back as soon as the phone co. gets me hooked up:::sigh:::jackasses...:(

okie dokie!!! Keep us posted goldie, good luck on the move....is your safe addy still good?
peas,
auto-

Sorry, auto - I just found this post - the link is not working again - (&*^$&*^$#@! :mad:

Yes, my addy is good - are u sending the welcome wagon? ;) I`ll prolly need it...make sure they put ice cream in that basket! :D

Update: am moving definitely ( I hope) on the 15th, so phone should be out just for one day. :) :) :)

BUT - to get to why I came back here: I went shopping today, got bone meal, blood meal, better potting soil, perlite and sphagnum moss :) Oh come on transplant time! :cool:

When I replanted mine I noticed that the roots were not near as long as the plant was tall. I assumed that the ghetto soil mix I had was causing it, so I mixed up some new potfuls today - 1/3 potting soil, 1/3 sphagnum moss, and 1/3 perlite. Is this okay?

Please say it is because I am wore out from mixing! :)

I would have used less perilite, but you should be OK. Is the potting soild a loose soil? Or is it REALLY GHETTO?

Ha ha ha - GHETTO SUPREME, man. :D The soil I was using had compacted and kinda mudded up in the bottoms of the cups::: :eek: :::I guess thats why my roots weren`t deep... :rolleyes:

The soil I just got is by Hyponex - a much finer, cleaner soil, with sand and soil, compost and peat moss, made for flowers...I thought that it would be fine in the 3 - part combo I mixed, as I have the blood and bone meal to add in also... :p

The same size container now weighs about half of what it did. :eek:

Super good potting soil is not even sold in these parts! :mad: This was the best out of the six formulas I found. (Gawd, one was 77% - 87% pine bark!) :eek:

Should I remix again? What formula do you use? :confused:

:) Update: my babies are 3" tall and starting their 3rd sets of leaves. :)

Goldie, should I move this post to the Grow Journals?

ok

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right
to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
- Thomas Jefferson

4" tall and with 6 sets of leaves - pretty babies! :)

Latest posts

Back