Goldilocks Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbud

Reaction score

Goldilocks Grow!
Medical MJ Grow
This being our third grow, the first being late, the second being early, this one should be just right.

The Mama clones are here.....
found them over in Humbolt County.... the info below comes from the grower.
paid $15 each....

2 Pot of Gold, Hybrid of:
Skunk #1 x Hindu Kush
Indica Dominant
Skunk #1 considered a Root Hybrid and Kush from Hindu Kush Mountains in the Kashmir region of Pakistan and India.

I bought some of this bud when I got the clones. :fly: We both were very very impressed and happy we got this strain as a Mama.

1 Trainwreck,
Humbolt Counties only original strain (80%Sativa 20%Indica)

1 Caboose, Hybrid of:
Salmon Creek BigBud (local variation on Classic BigBud) x Trainwreck (50% Sativa 50% Indica between the two)

The Caboose, over the three days she traveled with us, developed the discoloration on her leaves.
As of right now they are on the kitchen table with two natural floresent light bulbs near them. They will be transplanted tomarrow into three gallon pots and put under the bank of floresents I have for vedging. The soil I will be using will be Fox Farms Potting Soil, as they were out of OceanForest.

The Game Plan as of this post is to make clones from these Mama's for two other people besides ourselves. Allowing two and a half months to grow the Mamas. The clones should be taken in mid Febuary, rooted and transplanted then grown inside from March to mid May. They will be on a 14/10 hour light cycle as that should be close to what will be happening when they go out mid May. We are gonna try something different this year. Instead of just pots to grow them in, we will be diggin' down into the hard clay type soil about 12 inches putting gravel on the bottom for drainage then filling with soil. On top of this we will put the pots without their bottoms, so the roots have more space we hope. The Trainwreck clones will be in pots only, as they are Sativa Dominant and may have to finish inside in the fall. We will be growing Six Plants to Harvest.

There is also a good possibility that we will be growing some Auto Flowering seeds I was given last spring. If we do, they should be about to flower mid May when they are put out. That I am gonna have to read up on more.

pot of gold LST.JPG

pot of gold 1.JPG

trainwreck.JPG

caboose.JPG

Finished editing, just wanted to see how it looks up on the "New Post's" page.

looks great GOLDIE ..sorry about my PM box..i will delete the unwanted ones..lol..just afraid to delete something needed,,lol Heres some GREEN MOJO for the new ones. Pulling up milk crate to smoke my :bong1: and :watchplant:

Not much yet to report. Did get the girls transplanted. They will be making their home under the stairs. Up off the cement on 2x6's. The downstairs is quite warm because ths stove is down there, so I am up and down most of the day checking the temps under the light. Looks like it is holding at 70 degrees under the light. Between the fire going, the lights pounding on them, and the cold cold cement floor, 70 sounds good.:watchplant:

if you want to raise the temps a bit..may i sujest 1" styrofoam placed on cement floor? Makes a great insolator..2" is great but you could get away with 1"..Home DePOT sells 4x8...or look out back of a Mirror store..they useally throw away 1" pieces 3x3..2x2...3x6..and so on..just need to enjoy puzzles..Keep us posted..but most of all KEEP M GREEN:bolt::bong:

I am considering going all organic. Can anyone tell me if it makes a difference in the flavor of the finished bud? Or crop size difference? And, what organic products do you recomend? Last year I used Fox Farms products almost exclusively. I was happy with the results, and am not sure if they are organic or not. Pretty sure not, as I do not remember reading the word organic on the packages/bottles. I did have some Advanced Nutrients liquid bloom food, and I think it was organic. The reason I am considering going strictly organic is, my daughter is into the "organic" "vedgetarian" lifestyle and is telling me it would be better smoke if I grew organic.

humbolts trainwreck is the shiiiiznit i wish i could find somemore had some 2 years ago was stoned after second hit

The clones are doing well. The Caboose is a much darker green than the Pot of Gold clones (I wonder if it being a more sativa dominant plant is the reason). The Pot of Gold clones have also contracted spider mites somehow. They are not apparent on the Caboose (they are about eight inches apart under the light). I used some Fox Farms "Dont Bug Me!" last night on all three, hope that works out. Will use it again in a couple days.

:ciao: tcbud..Glad to hear you are going "ORGANIC".. I am too..you do know FF is all organic accept "Tiger Bloom".. and as for Nutes I have attached a link that may be of help..HAPPY NEW YEAR my friend And I use that Dont Bug me..just do as it says on the bottle..and get some neem oil if you dont me me saying..those pesky little buggers get ammuned to stuff..so i mix it up..I will look for the thread that has an ORGANIC bug killer here..I think either Mutt or TBG has a thread on how to..I did some over the summer time for white flies..well im comeing down off me high :bolt::bong:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199784&postcount=1

:bong:

:lama:

Here I am! Been out of sight but hopefully not out of mind! :giggle:
Wanted to check in. I'm going to make a point of taking time to stay on top of things now that the holidays and the grandkids (3) are settled in school. I've been one busy gal... running up and down the northwest and working here gardening... Yikes... and now taking care of kids. They are a joy! But dang... why do they need three square meals a day???? What's up with that! :rofl:
I haven't cooked this much for years!
Next time your in Humboldt, please call!
Sending hugs to you and all my other buddies here on M.P.
Off to work... :watchplant:

feeding kids three squares a day.....
hum....
seem to remember something like that...

Since I am here, I guess I should update.

Plants went into flower just as I thot they would. The plan now is to let them finish, adding a couple bulb type floresents for the other part of the spectrum. Then in the spring head to the coast agian, buy some clones there and fill out my allowed amount of plant that way.

To much going on now to try to revedge these. And I want a mini vacation comming up real soon. Motor home to the beach sounds like the ticket. (Husband) Did get the timer figured out finally, why do they make those instructions so hard for me to understand>???? I hate reading manuals to begin with, let alone with the reading glasses on and a magnifying glass!

Be good people and gentle with each other.

Quick update on the girls.
(didnt turn out quick)

Looked yesterday at them and seems that one of the Pot of Golds is re-vedeging! I still have them on 14 hours of light. She is throwing the tell tale one leaf, instead of five. I am ashamed to say, while the plants were being neglected by me two came down with a real bad case of spider mites. I have been spraying them every few days now that they have my attention again. Hope to get that under controll. Especially now that one is re-vedging and I have hope for some clones.

I did buy some seeds when on the coast last week. Six Blueberry, four Flo. They were perported to be directly from the famous D.J. Short. I was told he hand delivers them because he knows the owner of the shop. They are some beautiful dark spotted seeds. Is amazing how much trust is placed when growing MJ. I am trusting that these seeds produce what I was told they would. But then, when ordering on the net you dont even get to see the seeds first. But you usually get the bonus of some extra seeds thrown in with the order. Below are the discriptions of the seeds I bought.

Blueberry

Blueberry is a mostly Indica (80% Indica, 20% Sativa) strain, that dates to the late 1970's. A large producer under optimum conditions. A dense and stout plant with red, purple and finally blue hues that usually cure to a lavender blue. The finished product has a very fruity aroma and taste of blueberry. It produces a notable and pleasantly euphoric high of the highest quality and is very long lasting. Medium to large calyxes. " Blueberry" has a long shelf life and stores well over a long period of time. Specifications: ~ Flowering: 45-55 days ~ Height: 70-100 cm

Flo

Original Flo is a Sativa/Indica cross (60% Sativa, 40% Indica) with very Sativa phenotypic characteristics that also matures very early. The large, tight, spear shaped buds are made up of small, densely packed purple calyxes. The plants are taller and like to branch out. Indoors the buds are fully mature by the end of their sixth week. Outdoors the plant is a super producer when multi-harvested over a period of time. The first buds are ripe around the third week of September. About every ten days after that, new buds form and can be harvested through the end of November, if the plant can be kept alive that long. Therefore, "Flo" is ideal for greenhouse production. The motivational "high" produced by the "Flo" is quite unique, the flavor is like Nepalese Temple Hash. A most pleasant and enjoyable experience. Specifications: ~ Flower: 6-7 weeks ~ Harvest: 3rd or 4th week of Sept.

Below
1. Trainwreck, tall and lean like a sativa should be.
2. Pot of Gold, tale tale signs of re-vedging.

Please remember these plants have been seriously neglected by me. They have had the bare essential watering and three feedings since they have started to flower the beginning of the year. I am gonna start the Pot of Gold on "Grow Big" for it's next feeding.
(Some posts may be seen on another site, I'm keeping a back up journal)

hgb3.JPG

hgb2.JPG

For being deprived they still look good.:aok:

Thank you both. The girls just got transplanted into three gallong containers. Both of the Pot of Gold are re-vedging. The Caboose looks like it is still flowering. The Pot of Gold puts off quite a strong aroma. All three got sprayed for spidermites. Also added in some b12 stuff for shock.

Latest posts

Back