Goldilocks Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear of the Hermies..is a dissapointment after all that time spent huh? wishing you better luck on the next grow..take care and be safe my friend:bolt::bong:

I agree, next time I am in Arcata, the Eye Center (where I purchased these seeds) is gonna get an "Earfull" from me. At ten a seed, I am a bit irritated by all these transvestites. I dont care how they dress, I just want a female to be a female.

This is my "next grow". It won't be complete till next fall, these are just setbacks.........headachey setbacks.....still got a few clones on order.....some Affgoo.....and......we will see.....
No giving up just cause some seed plants herm....
oh, and I do have the seeds "black and bubble gum" cross I got from a friend (just dont want to grow something not tried and tested, you know?)
back to the drawing board as they say......

got some nice clones there:hubba: thats a bummer about the Flo hermies his seed stock is pretty solid. hes one of the only breeders that back crosses his strains for stability. are you sure you didnt get some F2s someone made from his stock. i say that cause i seen nothing but good thing's about DJs strains including the flow :confused:

I am only going by what "the guy" said who sold them to me at the Eye Center in Arcata California. His exact words were.....
"These seeds were hand delivered to the owner by DJ Short himself." I nodded and bought them. I took that with a grain of salt, just wanted some seeds. The Blueberry seem to be stable and not herming. Maybe Flo just didnt like living under the stairs. Who knows, I do know I am watching the last female Flo real close now.

thats all you can do.:rolleyes: but the BB is a very nice strain i smoked it a few times:cool::D

well as you say onwards and upwards ,,,im sure/know you will get another wonderful looking garden full of female beautys again this year ,,
trials and tribulations make it a much more intresting time :):peace:

hey tc...Im sure that supplier will make right..Have you tried to call them? maybe they are aware and are waiting to make right with those that purchased that strain.. sending some
for the Blueberry:ciao:

Once again and it is Mother's Day:cool: . Last year we put our plants out on Mothers day and they imediately started to flower. This year, I have adjusted the vedging floresent light to give 14 hours of "light" and if my calculations are correct, we should have at least 14 hours of real light now at my place in the world.

1. over all garden, lavender, tomatoes, lovage, snowpeas, sage, celantro, onions and carrots (not shown in the long container) are all included in the garden this year.
2. shows the mom's in the back of garden
3. mother blueberry
4. mother flo
5. volunteer of America! Prolly not gonna make it....Purple plants are not what I want this year...I did find one seed in my Mango from last year tho....it has not shown sex, and is almost the same age as the Mom's grown inside.

Next Saturday we will be taking as many clones as we can get from these two plants. # 4 is the Flo seed sister to my hermi's and we will be watching her like a hawk and her clones (I hesitate here but will be doing it anyway). The Blueberry has three or four potential clones on her too, the one not pictured in a close up (left in group pic) does not look like she's gonna have any potential clones. I want the soil to dry out some, as it is soaked, and the transplant shock to be overwith when we take the clones. They will be going into the Easy Cloner under the light under the stairs.:)

I have just found out I may be a caretaker to another Medical Marijauna Person. They will be getting their own clones and I will be growing them here. May be.:D oh yes.....more plants....

mothers day 1.JPG

mothers day 2.JPG

mothers day 3 blueberry.JPG

mothers day 4 Flo.JPG

mothers day 5 volunteer.JPG

The game plan changes...

Now I will be a caretaker, and will be growing inside the guidelines of my county as a caretaker. Six more plants will be allowed to flower. I realize I dont have that many yet. Just talked to "the Guy" and he says what is one the plate this year are.....

Pot of Gold, like that one, smokin it right now.
Northern Lights, love that one, been waiting to get more (possibley take a clone for a mother)
Amethyst, tho it is a light purple, I will grow it
Sugar Grandaddy Purple, My personal fave from last year
Goo, this is a possible.

Will be getting a mix of these totaling nine more plants (may get ten, then I can pull the female Flo that I am almost sure will hermi at some point). I may not take clones at this weekend as planned, from the blueberry. (but then this is a fluid grow, nothing set in granite) Will have the exact line up later this evening. Thank Goodness for "the Guy". (The aforementioned "the Guy" is Not to be confused with "the Guy" at the Eye Center that sold me the Special Hermi seeds, just want to make that "crystal clear".)

Well, not really in the mail, but I did pick up the mail when I met "the Guy" with the clones.

1. the line up is...
4 Afgoo front row
2 Grandaddy Purple
3 Pot of Gold back row, and tallest.
Sadly the Northern Lights was not ready yet. Looks like these girls have spidermites, we will be spraying them when they get older, the guy says they will be fine outside and were sprayed once. hummm.:rolleyes:

2. Male/female hermi, the Super Male. These two and one more on the back are the only male flowers showing on this plant. They are odd, each one has a kind of membrane or tissue over them, not at all like the Blueberry male I have in the other room. One flower has tried to open and has had trouble breaking thru that membrane.

3. Male/female hermi, the female flowers forming at the top of the plant. So many hairs for so few seed pods. I am hoping to bring her to maturity and smoke her on July Fourth.:D She will not be going out with the others, she will finish in the window sill of a spare bedroom. She counts as one in flower.

So at the ranch now, we have twelve in vedge, and two in flower, and one Caboose hanging. The Pot of Gold has been jared. It is wonderful night high and brings with it a full eight hours of sweet blissful sleep.

a clones from r.JPG

a he she hermi 1.JPG

a he she hermi 2.JPG

I was just gonna put up one of the garden last evening when done transplanting the new girls. But, looking down at the garden from my desk.... the garden says take one from here. I will be putting up the "birds" eye view more thru this journal, we can see the entire garden this way as the girls block each other out, all can be seen from above.
Temp. 6 AM this morning 44, chance of showers PM. 90's forecast for this weekend.
Also included something blooming in the yard.

my garden 4 day 1.JPG

finished planting 1.JPG

a iris may 12.JPG

Good morning TC! We have something else in common, irises. I have many varieties . My most prolific ones look like your purple one. Does yours smell like grape bubble gum? I love this time of year. Can't wait to see your garden grow. My starts will be hardened off by Friday and in dirt this weekend. Yaaahhhoooo!

I dont know how they smell really, I just dig them up and move them occasionally. They got dug up two years ago, and have not really dont well since. I fertilized them this year pretty good and covered them with last years soil from the pot garden. They have come up stronger than last year, and low, I have had three stalks with blooms on them. I am kinda a low maintainance gardener. And on a very limited water supply. So, iris dont get a lot of attention. I do grow rocks and wild flora (insert weeds and black berrys) pretty well. Otherwise it is barren out there after a good weed eating session. I did put in a tree once, bout the size of a tomatoe plant, it is still growing, it seems to put on five to eight feet a year, it is well over thirty feet now. It is a Royal Popalonia, sposed to have purple clusters of flowers, like a wisteria, but i am yet to see any, it has one more year to flower, if not then it gets the chop, it is gettting too big and crowding out a fir tree I started from a plug twenty years ago. Thanks for looking in on the journal benny, you did real well with that entry for bpom, it took me five entries to even get one vote!

1. Pile on the left, .595 oz.
2 piles on right, .9 oz. dry weight.
2. The pile I am smoking from.

Pot of Gold being an indica dom plant, I was not able to let it go to it's full maturity. This being all fine by me, it is very mental, with still enough kick to let you sleep a good eight hours. If the Pot of Gold clones I planted the other day are as good, I am gonna be a real happy camper at the end of the season.

The Caboose is hanging in the dark now.:D

winter grow cfl 1.JPG

winter grow cfl 2.JPG

I sure am enjoying your grow tcbud, such happy plants. Think they know we love them (at least would love them to grow up and be fine healthy ladies) I am an iris lover also and bought some beautiful starts a few years ago driving through Oregon. Go out and bury your nose in one when you have a chance. I get positively goofy when I smell them. They just fill me up!!! Right now mine are just making buds and can hardly wait.

Yep Colorado, I think they know we love them. I did head over to the iris yesterday and took this pic, got a good whif of it too. You and benny are right, it did smell real nice. I wish I had enough to cut some and bring them in. Here is the iris in focus, I finally was able to get one in focus.
I try to put pics in weekly, or will as they are out and growing now.:D
Thanks for stopping in and taking a look.

a a iris.JPG

Seven days clones have been in the cloner, I think we took 10 or so or so (am going to be more vauge on numbers from here out). They have only shown bumps on a few. Most are Blueberry and a few Flo, I want to kill all the Flo (I have one in the garden who's days are numbered, with all the problems I had with these seeds,I am not gonna chance her turning he while I am not looking). I think I will, or give them to my brother, he has not had Hermi problems yet. :rolleyes: Not. Wouldnt do that, I dont think.:rolleyes: The clones starts were kinda small, am hoping for six to come thru with flying colors.

1. Today, the Garden got a well deserved face lift:cool: . Water was plumbed from the faucet that gives the best preasure. The Drip System (along with all the particulars) hooked up in the Garden with a 25 foot hose on a Y.
2. New kind of containers we found at the hydro store yesterday after picking up the needed pipe. (saw some real nice indoor lights, one like our T5 priced way higher than we paid.) These are made of cloth, and "breathe" as the guy said (he also said they would "air prune" the roots, hummmmmm), they feel like felt. We will see if they are better than the larger hydro pots. We have put the extra soil from the worm casting/compost into one, and the other two have Happy Frog Soil one bag each, gonna have to get some more....and I thot our soil buying was done.:confused:

I am quite happy with the outcome of today's labor, mostly his labor.:D I help as I can or am asked, otherwise I just kinda find something else to do like laundry.
I threw in the Wild Iris, there are clumps all round the house, very pretty. More like the Dutch Iris varity. The Iris are done here, wild or not.

garden new irigation system.JPG

garden new planters.JPG

a iris wild.JPG

hey there tcbud Like the pics of your garden. You mentioned you were growing lovage. Isn't that a celery type plant? Do you use it in cooking? I had a big bunch in my garden in Montana, over 6 ' tall. Finally had to take it out. Just wondering what you use it for.

Here's a pic of one of my irises, all just starting to bloom, after the rain.

IMG_1616.JPG

Latest posts

Back