Goldilocks Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:ciao: tcbud...love the purple again on the pot of gold...The isisses look great..you and ColoradoLady have some lovely ones..I grew them a few years back..beautifull colors..always a pleasure to come stop by you place..you and Hubby are doing a great job..well gotta grow now..until next time..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Wow on that Iris, I dont think I have ever seen one with spots. Beautiful. (in edit, guess I should look before I comment, those "spots" are water drops.....)
The husband bought the lovage, he likes celery salt, read on the lable it tastes like celery (leaves, stems and seeds). So...it was moved to the garden near a rose bush. It can get some protection there with the rose behind a hog wire fence. I just read yesterday it can get from two to six feet....that is a bit tall. And you ask, now why if he likes celery salt, why not eat celery? He says it is too crunchy to chew.....wont say why here in public, but he is 57. Gonna try the leaves in a Macaroni Salad next time I make one. I will use it in soup next winter, in turkey soup and chicken with rice, have to put celery in too, so it may be redundant. Will try the seeds in chinese stir fry, see how that goes...I guess.

Thanks for comming by and lookin' in. (you too 4u, bet you are still busy busy busy with that shed, you start the remodel yet?)

Looking at the potential clones this morning, I am wondering if any will make it and started discussing some Northern Lites clones the "clone guy" said would be ready first of June. If they dont show roots by next thursday, I will be seriously considering calling him ( I did insist the light get lowered on them, he had it over 12 inches away and some of the leaves were yellowing, now the light is 2-3 inches and holding at 75 degrees, now if I could just win the arguement on watering....). I prolly will call the "clone guy" and finish the line up, with a couple Northern Lites anyway, really liked that a couple years ago. I write the longest run on sentences........

Oh...and thank you for stoppin' by too pcduck, your growing outside too?

tcbud said:
Oh...and thank you for stoppin' by too pcduck, your growing outside too?

Absolutely doing the outdoor thing, tcbud.

I think I got/will have 11 different strains out by beginning of July:)

:ciao: tc...Happy Memorial Day..My shed should finsh end of juse if I can handle the heat...now th ewether is getting to the 80s the temps reach 100 at times..I run lights from 7pm till 7am its just the first couple hrs that the heat rises..I open the shed doors to allow more heat to esscape..but have to close by Dark..4400 watts of HD lights up my nieghborhood:rofl: so the remodel is comeing in July-Aug..be ready for September..Inside shed will be...

3x4 flower room 2k HPS
3x4 Veg room 1800 MH
2x4 Breading room

and still have the Male chamber as well..the breading room will be used for two chosen plants to be grown in..the reason is IMO the selective pollenating still gets some cross contamination..so this way I can let them be in own room..

I have a few outside..and hope you dont mind me shareing a few with you and your fallowers..I wish i could get some purple like yours..and someday I will..

pic1 is Crystal

pic2 is PurpleBud

pic3 is mother frosting doing scrog with her..she was a clipping from her mother that was over 8ft tall last summer from a buddies hous..he wouldnt let me photograph it tho..anyway hope you have a great day...and hope you get the clones you seek from the "clone guy" :giggle:

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

012.JPG

013.JPG

008.JPG

Sounds excellent 4u, been thinking myself of doing some serious indoor growing in the winter. Your three grow rooms sound great.
Your outdoor girls look Great too. You must be in MJ heaven weatherwise. Up here, Im still getting mid fourties in the morning, I know that is what slows down my girls. Us females just dont care for a chilly morning.

You have a great Memorial Day too, and all the rest of you that may stop in.
Tomorrow will come to soon....

The work week sends me home early this week. I checked the clones and shazam they have two inch roots on so many that I will be giving clones away soon. I think we will keep two and get the 4 NorthernLights as mentioned above.
The plants in the garden have put on at least two inches in the last three days! The night temps have been above 50 each night. I think the 40's are gone. Summer has come to the Mountains.
I also find myself a caretaker and renting some space in my garden to one grower. So there will be more plants than I thot I would ever grow, tho I am not really growing the plants are growing. I have been shrinking.

I just had to post a couple pics, since it started getting light, I keep looking out the window. I am always amazed when the little plants start taking off.

1. The garden, note the nice drip system at the lower right.
2. The 3 Pot of Gold, seems to have put on the most inches. Am thinking of doing LST with one.
3. left 4 Afgoo, middle Blueberry, GDP, Flo, GDP, Blueberry, mid right 3 Pot of Gold, cant see the third.
:D

morning 05 28.JPG

morning 05 28 affgoo.JPG

morning 05 28 bb and gdp back.JPG

After finding some bug eggs last night on a couple of the girls.....

I go to get the bug spray, and.......

I find that after I took the above pic of the cloner, I inadvertantly didnt close the lid quite right. Thank goodness we have a frame with a plastic liner under that unit. It is two inches deep, the frame, and it was flooded to about an inch. This is one time I got to say thank goodness for bugs! If I had not gotten that bug spray, that was in there with the cloner, I am sure it would have over flowed before I showed the husband when he came home how well they were doing.........oh my. Disaster averted due to Bug Eggs!

Thanks for the Thanks 4u. Dont you think those roots look primevil? The stems all red......

:ciao: tc..they do look primevil:giggle: and going to smoke like the DEVIL:evil: ..this is one time i will also say..good think you got bugs:rofl: Hubby woulda scolded you he come home to dried up limp clones..He may have put you in corner and beat you with dead clones:lama: but you save the day:yay: keep up the great work..:bong:

oh do we know what type bug eggs? I have a green thing on my Ladies outside that seem to calling in the Family..lol..no sign of them eating..just camping..maybe working on an invasion huh? Have a great weekend Girl..I will..temps in the high 70 low 80 next week..small chance of rain..My Mother plant in expoading in growth..check it out..no GJ on it..but is in Put my mother in the ground in coffee table or outdoor grow..idk..lol..anyway take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

The puny lil clones are in the ground. Got some "potting soil" from a comercial dirt/rock place yesterday. I am not impressed. Bought four more of those smart pots too, filling them with the soil. It does not drain quickly. We will see. The clones look like the couple I did LST to last year. I think I will do the same and try to make them go into a circle in the big pot (I got almost a pound from those two plants last year, two in one pot). I put four and five in each pot, and will see who makes it, pulling out till I have only one strong one left (8 BB, 5 Flo). The brother got his clones, so wont need any. He is doing OGx (OG cross), and one Purps. He does not know what was crossed with the OG. I pick up four northern lights hopefully in three days, today just didnt work out.
Cant help it, I am so excited!

On a down note, thunder and lightning and perhaps rain forcast for the next few days.
Early morning temp, 51f.

And 4u, no I dont know what kind of bug eggs. They were cream color, cluster about a quarter inch worth, bug walked farther and did it again. May be what is booring across the leaf (leaveing little, can see thru the leaf where it ate), I never did see the bug. I also seem to have mites too. Those I can identify. Gonna go look for your Mother Plant on the Coffee table.....you trust us not to smoke her there?

tc...did you not get a truck load from the dirt store last year? I remember those monsters last year..looking forward to watching these..Its funny i dont have mite problems outside..very bad in tho..and my Mother plant in the coffee table is realy taken off..all ready weaved her in the fence and will do some trimming of lower stuff tomarrow...when you stop by the coffee table please answer the one that asked why i have it caged would ya please:rofl: I just wantta say go back and read..but just cant find it in me to be rude..maybe tomarrow ill be ready to answer:lama: that soil if dont drain well add some perlite to it...KEEP ME POSTED..but Most of all KEEP M GREEN:D

Below find a second story view of the Garden.

The clones are all bunched up in the three "Smart Pots", we will watch them and weed out the slowest growing. I will be trying LST with two that look strongest now ( have already bent them over and put them down with pipe cleaners). May even put a "cage" over them as 4u has done on his Outside Mom.

(I imagine you, 4u, have answered the offending post, I totally understand:rolleyes: )

I can not believe how well the older clones are doing! Doubleing in size I think from when I last took pics. The Mother plants are recovering from the clones being takin from them and are branching out nicely. If I dont get the Northern Lights today........I will be filling those empty pots with Blueberry clones. It is aready JUNE 6, time is just flying by.

We had some real thunder and lightning these last few days here in Northern California (where I was there were over 1500 strikes as it crossed the valley, drove me straight up out of bed three inches it was so freaking close! flash boom, no counting at all!!!!:eek: ). I feared for the girls getting too much water, and wind blowing them over (the taller ones). Fear was unfounded, the Plants are thriving and not drowned.:D Whoop! this garden is well on it's way!

june 6 2.JPG

june 6 1.JPG

Good morning TC! I hear ya on the storm. After it left you, it came right up the valley. There were tornado and water spout warnings. Tress down all over and power out. An organic farmer 8 miles from me got wiped out by the wind and pounding rain. Big bummer. They lost 40 grand worth of veggies. I was spared. Both storms went right around me. I am going to go check on those big grow bags today.

got some rain down here also i actually threw my plants in the rain im sure they love it

hi tcbud and everyone watching her thread and especially the ones who experienced the storm......on the Oregon coast we had numerous lightening strikes, loud thunder which freaked out my little doggie, and one teenager got hit by a lightening strike somewhere in the state.....

tc, thanks for jumping in on my questions about the 'weird spots'....and I am enjoying this journal.....way too many hermies though....what's that all about???????

your trip to Chico must have been a blast and lots of luck with your wonderful worm crap, ha ha......

do you have any problems with the deer population? I am in fear of those guys nibbling on my plants when they get to go outside on my new deck...:heart::heart::heart::heart:painterdude

Painter, EastLA, benny, and all those who dont post a comment.......,
Thanks for stopping in. Those bags are the bomb so far benny, drained real good with all this rain.

and Painter....
I have the chicken wire all around an old frame (from a car cover canvas frame), it keeps the deer out. I used to have one plant out there, yearly and it was surrounded with hog wire. No dear eating MJ around here, I dont think they have the doctors recomendation you need to partake legal anyway. Are your deer expected up on the deck? If they are, you best figure how to keep them off there and away from your girls. The hermis all came from the Flo seeds I got on the coast. Four seeds, and I have one good female. I cloned her, but I am watching her like a hawk, if I see one nanner, she is history, and her clones are gonna get watched the same way or if the mom shows they are history too.

Have a Great week folks, see you all on the flip side.

hi tcbud.....hope your weather isn't as crappy, poo poo as ours lately, no sun and cloudy fog....but it staying in the 50's and the nights have been rather warm....

SO, what if I sent you a Personal with my e-mail, would you send me some pics of the anti-deer cage for your babies??????????????????????????????????????????????????

I have a feeling that the deer will come up on the deck since the ramp gives them immediate access and the southwest side is just a two foot jump for the stinking plant eaters...they love the wife's flowers, especially her roses....dirty rotten bast@rds...

Oh, our deer all have Medical Marijuana Cards, and they have this Doctor Bucky who signs all their paper work....this guy is on my poo poo list.....:laugh:......thanks again tc.....painterdude

A couple quick shots from the window as it started to pour. Had to go out and turn off the drip system. Got pretty wet.
I am gonna be doing some closer shots tomorrow, weather permitting.
1. Four Afgoo
2. Four NorthernLights (put in last Saturday), with smart pot of Flo clones in back.
3. Three Pot of Gold and GDP left back

6 10 afgoo.JPG

6 10 NL.JPG

6 10 pot of gold and left GDP.JPG

Latest posts

Back