Gonna grow some marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POTpoor

Reaction score
Well, I'm here with very small begginings, I'll be doing a grow in my moms basement, at least she acts like my mom, lol, just getting started, and I'm open for any advice on lights etc. I'm gonna grow organic, makeing my own soil, I have some expierience, my biggest problem is configuring the room, its large, the big benches on the sides are interesting, I'm gonna run 220 dual 1000s on a track chain, at least thats the plan.maybe 600s,anyway, I hope to become a helpfull, usefull member of the Marijuana Passion community, and have some successful grows, I can't wait to start up the mixer, its brand new, I'm all about feeding my soil,

P1030919.JPG

P1030923.JPG

P1040029.JPG

P1040037.JPG

This be a fun fire to watch. Pull up stump be interestin to watch things evolve from nothin. Welcome board friend glad yur trails led yual here to us.

BWD

Looks like money aint an issue new mixer and barrow lovely space for a grow and just look at that light did ya run over it with the mixer Potpoor.
Lol
Only jesting welcome aboard.
T4

ugh the things i would do with that room...im jelly

welcome!!!

Welcome to MP. We are glad you are here. This should be fun!

Nice little room you got there. I foresee pounds of sweet stinky ganja in your future. Welcome to MP

Welcome to MP.

Nice space you have there. I think basements make great grow places as the temps stay more constant.

Two 1000 watt lights will be good for 50-60 sq ft, so you will need to section off a suitable sized space for the lights you are going to run--you are not going to be able to use nearly all your available space with only 2000W of light. I have never been crazy about lights on tracks--I don't think it is wise or efficient to try and stretch your light too far.

You might want to check out NV's super soil. It is an organic mixture that I have just started using, but I am very happy with it. Is the cement mixer to mix soil in?

:ciao: Welcome to our community! :)

Quite the space you have there! Looking forward to your company. Green Mojo! What strains do you have in mind?

Like THG said, section off a sizable area to grow in. at least 3000 lumens per sq/ft veg and 5000 lumens for sq/ft flower. You have plenty of room, the only thing that limits you is your budget.

Wish you the best of luck!
Drfting07

:welcome: to the MarP, friend. That'll be a beautiful growspace when it's done. Have a good one, bud.

Keeper Lit :joint:,

7greeneyes:D

Welcome to mp! The potential in there is limitless! If you can give us a budget to work with, we can help you make that space PONG!

The Hemp Goddess said:
Welcome to MP.

Nice space you have there. I think basements make great grow places as the temps stay more constant.

Two 1000 watt lights will be good for 50-60 sq ft, so you will need to section off a suitable sized space for the lights you are going to run--you are not going to be able to use nearly all your available space with only 2000W of light. I have never been crazy about lights on tracks--I don't think it is wise or efficient to try and stretch your light too far.

You might want to check out NV's super soil. It is an organic mixture that I have just started using, but I am very happy with it. Is the cement mixer to mix soil in?
Yes the mixers for making soil, and I will partition the room, I'm not into the super soil, I don't like the initial setback, I've read quite extensivly on here. and do a combination of things advised, the light track? Thats the secret don't over reach, if it's within reason, i've found it very efficient, I bought a light yesterday, a 1000 watt ballast, a cheap reflector, and a bale of medium, 252 bucks for the works I'm in no hurry to get started,I've got my meds covered for another 6 months or so, my dirt will have to perk for a month or so after I mix it, I'll be starting with 6 to 8 plants under the 1000 and expand as time goes on, thank you for your reply,

P1040053.JPG

P1040057.JPG

Rosebud said:
Welcome to MP. We are glad you are here. This should be fun!
Thank you rosie, I'm glad to be here too,

getnasty said:
Nice little room you got there. I foresee pounds of sweet stinky ganja in your future. Welcome to MP
I forsee, your forsee, coming true!!!! thank you, let us PRAY!!

Time4Plan-B said:
Looks like money aint an issue new mixer and barrow lovely space for a grow and just look at that light did ya run over it with the mixer Potpoor.
Lol
Only jesting welcome aboard.
T4
The relectors been to the wars!!! its 45 inches long, reflects nicely if you only have one light!! Moneys always a issue, eventually I plan on selling a premixed fully inoculated soil full of love!!! I do a combo mix from the 3LB's to the chefs recipe,

ShOrTbUs said:
ugh the things i would do with that room...im jelly

welcome!!!
Eventually i hope to heat the house!! drill holes in the floor lol,

POTpoor said:
Yes the mixers for making soil, and I will partition the room, I'm not into the super soil, I don't like the initial setback, I've read quite extensivly on here. and do a combination of things advised, the light track? Thats the secret don't over reach, if it's within reason, i've found it very efficient, I bought a light yesterday, a 1000 watt ballast, a cheap reflector, and a bale of medium, 252 bucks for the works I'm in no hurry to get started,I've got my meds covered for another 6 months or so, my dirt will have to perk for a month or so after I mix it, I'll be starting with 6 to 8 plants under the 1000 and expand as time goes on, thank you for your reply,

What do you mean by "the initial setback" with supersoil? Tell us about your soil mixture. I am new to organics and am interested to learn all I can.

Actually, I personally, have found that any time I use a light track, the buds do not end up as dense and firm than if I hadn't used it--you basically have a chunk of your garden underlit all the time. LOL--I have 2 of them sitting in storage that I should probably sell. Have you grown without moving your light? Are you able to keep your space cool enough without an air cooled hood? What's your ventilation set-up?

I wouldn't tarry too long. Going from seed to cured bud is going to take at least 4-5 months. I look forward to following along with your grow. Your space is just deluxe.

The Hemp Goddess said:
What do you mean by "the initial setback" with supersoil? Tell us about your soil mixture. I am new to organics and am interested to learn all I can.

Actually, I personally, have found that any time I use a light track, the buds do not end up as dense and firm than if I hadn't used it--you basically have a chunk of your garden underlit all the time. LOL--I have 2 of them sitting in storage that I should probably sell. Have you grown without moving your light? Are you able to keep your space cool enough without an air cooled hood? What's your ventilation set-up?

I wouldn't tarry too long. Going from seed to cured bud is going to take at least 4-5 months. I look forward to following along with your grow. Your space is just deluxe.

9432 posts and your new to anything on here would surprise me, lol, actually I'm a hands on farmer who turns, shifts, rotates, and loves his grow so intensely, i actually dont need a light track, but I've seen a few in action, and they seemed to work well. I'm sure you saw the meltdown that mountain man? had on here back around xmas, didn't buffer correctly or something like that, I buy my pre made soil at Molbacks, in western wash. For my own mix I add humus, wormcastings, Mycos, greensand, ground oyster shells, I'll put the full list when I mix it in my journal,but I always shop the sales!! I've got some stuff from Cali, decent smoke, that i like, cloned, and I actually have a endless supply of smoke, for free, but growings in my jeans, lol anyway, I be putting up sheetrock and painting them a nice flat white and moving everything to the journal page, thanks everyone for the welcome,

Welcome welcome, I'm from Wet er Western Washington too.

:peace:,

7ge:D

Latest posts

Back