Good beer and pot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
I brew my own beer and always use a lot of hops. There are many hop strains that when fresh, smell and taste like a certain other plant in the Cannabaceae family. Said plant can tastily complement a glass of good beer, even more so with cheese.

My fav beers that are brewed by people other than me are Köstritzer Schwarzbier from Germany, Golden Promise from Scotland, anything brewed by my local brew-it-yourself micro BrewBakers (brewbakers1.com--check it out if you are in So Cal), and Zwyiec, Lomza and Okocim lagers from Poland, all of which are best with some Podlaski and smoked Morski cheese and a bowl fulla GDP/Grape Ape/Purple-anything indica.

Well? What are some of your fav beer-pot combinations? With or without cheese. :icon_smile:

Micro brews arnt to big in DC, or Im not into it enough to be in that circle to know. They they have a few. Capital City Brewery isnt bad. I just dont know much at all about micros.
Got this 1 place in Maryland I hit every so often that has world beers. Couple hundred selections and types.
Really enjoy getting the Aussie beers. Tooheys and Southwark are 2 of my favorites.
Tried them from most sections of the world, cept Asia. Kinda scares me, cause I remember how terrible they were when there 30+ years ago.
Now Caribbean beers are fantastic too. Place I hit has like 30 selections from different islands. Tried about 10 of them so far, all have been delicious.
Canada is up there too, but outside your basic American sold Molsons. Only tried 1 or 2 others so far.

For some reason, not really into the Euro beers. Tried over a dozen Id say, just something off tasting about them to me. Probably cause of their water table :laugh: I dont know.

Don't know if you ever tried SuperBock beer ... That is one of the best in the world ;).

I brew my own too.
I prefer the English/Irish styles. During the summer, I stick with Bitters, pale ales, and as fall draws near, IPAs. Dead of winter, give me a stout or porter. If I am drinking at home, in the winter, I will smoke a Kush, or other heavy Indica, with a dry stout. It takes a strong Indica to pair with a stout or porter. If I am out with friends, I will smoke sativa, with a pale ale, or the occasional pilsner. I like the up high when bar hopping.

HomieHogleg

I have lots of microbreweries around me. My last vacation was day trips and tours of nothing but microbreweries. dogfish head, flying fish, yards, sly fox, stoudt's, victory, weyerbacher, nodding head, and troegs. Although southern tier has the best pumpkin ale, but they are a 4 or 5 hr drive. And I like to smoke very energetic sativas when tasting beers.

We have lots of fun places to drink up here in WA. Fishtale Ales has a bunch, Dicks Beer is really popular, I could go on and on. What's fun too is Chateau St Michelle wine garden and movie night. Well ok, it's more get drunk and try to score, I won't lie :)

Guiness Extra Stout and ... Well anything, LOL

I'll drink anything too I don't know of any microbreweries around here but one thing does anyone else think that heiniken tastes like bud. Thats what the flavor reminds me of. .. especially when you burp lol.

Gone2pot! said:
Guiness Extra Stout and ... Well anything, LOL

my kinda gal.:hubba: :cool:

guiness, bubble hash, and a straight cue stick...

Lemon Jack said:
I'll drink anything too I don't know of any microbreweries around here but one thing does anyone else think that heiniken tastes like bud. Thats what the flavor reminds me of. .. especially when you burp lol.
Actually most of the mass-marketed big name pseudo-pilsners taste alike to me (except Coors brand urine which tastes like somebody drank it and puked it back into the bottle). There are infinitesimal differences in "flavor" between Bud, Miller, Heineken, those Latin American cervezas I buy at the 99 cents stores, et cetera, but essentially all of them taste like club soda with beer in it.

Whisper it: I occasionally drink Steel Reserve, which always tastes like metal even when bottled.

Latest posts

Back