Good bugs on clones..??

• Thread starter northernlightssmokn
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

northernlightssmokn

I was wondering if there are any remidies for bugs on clones only 10 days old. they show a small amount of growth and some have rooted out the bottom of the cups but I have noticed a few little light green bugs. They are on the leaves and can run away whan provolked..(usualy to the bottom of the leaf) I thought I saw one manipulate gravity and kinda 'glide' when knocked off the plant. They are very small, light green and there only a few. They seem to make what ever leaf they are on create small dots if that makes any sence to anyone... the original mother had these same bugs on it and it looked ok in full veg, the cuts were treated w/ jungle juice and vedged, the mother was killed and removed. those clones were treated a few more times and after being considered bug free, new cuts were taken and the lights turned. no signes of bugs in all of the flowering stage and the cuts from the cuts were beautifull, well those little pests are back...grrrrr:mad: ...well now im stumped, are they friend or fo, good or bad, do I treat the babys w/ jungle juice and promote possable stunting. Or let them grow and promote possable infestation..:confused: Any ideas...anyone??

looks like the few bugs that were on your mother plant were on your clones (eggs maybe). Not too sure how to treat at such an early stage of growth on a clone. u gotta get rid of the bugs on your mother plant.

What does everyone else think? my own suggestion would be to clean up the mother and start fresh clones...

I killed the mother a long time ago and took cuts from the cuts from the mother, so I guess you could say that the clones are 3rd generation..and were taken a few months after the infected mother was gone and after several treatments to her babies. the mother has never been this house and these are the first cuts to be in this grow closet. still no signs of bugs on the parent clones that were used to take these cuts...and they are where the mother was.

how do you get bugs on your plants if you are growing them indoors? Just a random question I thought of.

The female bugs could have just laid their eggs on the plants or in the grow area. The females bugs could have died after that (laying their eggs). I'd clean the entire area and start again if you can't get rid of them.

pussum said:
how do you get bugs on your plants if you are growing them indoors? Just a random question I thought of.

Mites are the big one... they are the size of 1/4 a grain of salt (or smaller) so they can get on clothes/shoes or newhere... thrips fly.... so thas how they get in i suppose.

pussum said:

A few easy ways to be blessed with these little nightmares are to have existing houseplants in the house, carpet in your grow area, using unknown dirt for a medium, going to a friends place who has house plants or grows or bolth, accepting clones or a mother from someone you dont know..(they could have killed the live bugs but not the eggs.) Dust mites can live on dog and cat hair for up to 12 hours and on spiders for up to 6 hours. Aphids can fly up to 6 feet and live with out a plant for a few days, aphid eggs are not killed when a plant is treated. Cockroach eggs are most always found in duct tape and envelope glue, eggs living on duct tape have a 1 on 160,000 chance of hatching. Mead sold over 100 million rolls of tape in 2003. A good rule of thumb, anything that sticks to a surface or requires licking needs frozen for 12 hours before letting it into your sacred grow room. I hope this helps. :48:

And even freezing doesn't kill a lot of bugs... they'll just go dormant until warm weather comes back.

Latest posts

Back