Good conditions for drying room ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys think that’s possibly the problem? If it’s not air tight it probably won’t cure probably hence the hay smell still lingering after 4/5 weeks ? I have no problem buying some screw tops if that’s the problem
Definitely recommend glass jars with canning lids. Better seal than that big jar. Could have something to do with the cure

Noticed a strange thing this morning , opened the tent to check the plants and one of them is absolutely covered in tiny little water droplets . Each leaf has a whole bunch as tho iv sprayed it with water or something which I haven’t . Google seems to say the plant is sweating ? Never seen that before

See what I mean

Attachments

• 4B27CDF0-EC94-438E-8AA2-5711CFFBA843.png
    4B27CDF0-EC94-438E-8AA2-5711CFFBA843.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 4FAF1AA7-C880-4E86-8F38-DBC8CC7AFEF1.png
    4FAF1AA7-C880-4E86-8F38-DBC8CC7AFEF1.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Two things drive this process, one of which is transpiration. This is how water goes through a plant, from the roots up. Leaves all have these little pores in them, and these powers allow plants to exploit water potential to move water through them. The central principle is that water potential wants to be at equilibrium between two systems, where the plant is one system and the ambient air around it (aka the rest of the world) is another. Water potential generally wants to be equal between them. It’s like when you have a balloon, and then puncture it. Air comes out because pressure within the balloon is higher than the air around it.

Anyway, when the water potential in the air is lower than that of the plant, water moves from the plant outside–exiting through the pores on the leaves (they’re called stoma, by the way). This, very simplistically, pulls the water in the plant up through it from the roots.

There’s also guttation, which is closer to plant juice. Guttation is when sap from the plant forms at the edges of a plant’s leaves. It also happens at night when transpiration doesn’t normally occur. When there’s a lot of moisture in the soil, the roots will continue to absorb water, and water just accumulates in the plant. Eventually, this forces some water out and you get little droplets.

Basics of Plant Respiration​

https://www.pthorticulture.com/en/training-center/basics-of-plant-respiration/

Two things drive this process, one of which is transpiration. This is how water goes through a plant, from the roots up. Leaves all have these little pores in them, and these powers allow plants to exploit water potential to move water through them. The central principle is that water potential wants to be at equilibrium between two systems, where the plant is one system and the ambient air around it (aka the rest of the world) is another. Water potential generally wants to be equal between them. It’s like when you have a balloon, and then puncture it. Air comes out because pressure within the balloon is higher than the air around it.

Anyway, when the water potential in the air is lower than that of the plant, water moves from the plant outside–exiting through the pores on the leaves (they’re called stoma, by the way). This, very simplistically, pulls the water in the plant up through it from the roots.

There’s also guttation, which is closer to plant juice. Guttation is when sap from the plant forms at the edges of a plant’s leaves. It also happens at night when transpiration doesn’t normally occur. When there’s a lot of moisture in the soil, the roots will continue to absorb water, and water just accumulates in the plant. Eventually, this forces some water out and you get little droplets.

Basics of Plant Respiration​

https://www.pthorticulture.com/en/training-center/basics-of-plant-respiration/
Interesting.

See what I mean
Thanks for posting a picture raga. Interesting. Never have seen my plants perspire like that but they do it in a most uniform way don’t they? I mean we all know that water comes up thur the roots and travels to the tips but I’ve never actually seen the pores where the water comes out of the leaves.

So did you find it was the timing of you putting the weed in the jar that was making the hay smell ? Did you start to wait longer or jar soooner ? I hoped to have it cracked by now haha everything else is going really well every time
I have found the slower the air dry (takes 10-14 days ) the better the bouquet .
I try to slow the dry down before letting them get jar ready dry,almost need a special drying room if your climax does not allow a slow dry.
I also use garbage cans to create an environment that is on point with drying
A

So the last batch of weed I dried and cured still had a hay smell to it even after 4/5 weeks of curing which makes me think it was the drying process that caused this . I dried it by hanging the stems but I used the same room as my tent and lights and think maybe it was too hot or dry , this is what it’s saying in the other room I’m going to try for my last plant of the year , I really want this to smell and taste nice as I never enjoyed smoking the last stuff at all . It took about 5-7 days last time before i thought it was dry enough to go in , it was going in the jar at 65% humidity which rose to 70 overnight but with burping went down to 62 after a few days and stayed that way the whole time so I thought I was doing well
Border line to dry for much curing. 80% too wet to jar, once at 62%, the cure is pretty much over. Maybe you didn't get quite enough cure?

Bubba

Latest posts

Back