good idea to flower or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unix

Reaction score
Hey, i have 4 plants that are about 16inches tall with preflowers and lat branches, would it be good to flower these now or let them get heaps bigger?.

how big is growroom i usally flower mine at 13-15 inches just remember plant usally at least double in height one you pet them into flower so if you flower now they should b at least 30-35inches tall when finisht just make sure your gonaa hav enough room for the light height in ya growroom got any pics mate

yeh thanks mate i guess if i get atleast 2 plants at 30-35inches ill get a decent pull from it i hope, i might flower them in a few days then, i do have a few pics there not the best, there about 5weeks old...

Photo-00122.jpg

Photo-00224.jpg

Photo-00223.jpg

Photo-0087.jpg

looking nice in bushy mate you might wanna give them one more feed of nitrogen before swithing 12/12 otherwise lookn mint as matey keep it up

Thanks alot man, first time everythings gone right, and i put a handfull of npk around the plants lastnight it should do its thing soon,, i havent fed them that much now that iv been thinking about it most the afternoon one is at 20inches i might try get the other 3 big ones to 20 then flower them, theres a really small one i couldnt fit under the light that hasnt got over 7inches and another one about 11inches i replanted caus the pot was to big and had to trim all the big fan leafes off the bottom and im not sure if it will recover or not dont no if i should flower the 2 smaller ones or wat??.

Whats up unix there looking vary good healthy. they loveing you alot. do you know there sex yet??? why dont you try LST on the 2 smaller1's when you put the others in flower. it will help them bush out

cheers Blunt, if i do LST to the smaller ones i havent done it before but where do i put the plants so they get minimal sunlight to make them leanover?, i forgot to mention this grow was using some bagseed iv saved for ages probibly seeds from some of the best smoke iv had, havent really tried to tell there sex but id lean towards all females from what i have seen turn out from looking at other grows, i need to take some clones or get some more seeds soon :)

Hello unix your plants look beautiful but might i ask why you wanna know how to make your plants lean over?? does that help with making them bushy or something? i might be confused. :eek: but thanks alot **learning ears** :p

Sup DBIRDdankz, im just thinking about low stress training the 2smaller ones i have like Blunt suggested, like i said i havent done it before but i know you have to give the plant minimal light so that it start to lean towards the light? anyone hehe, my little 6inch plant has been just out hps spectrum and hasnt really developed much and the otherone was really good but i had to transplant it and it might of stunned it...

you gotta bend them use string or something that will hold them down without harming them. take a look at my grow so u can get an idea of how to do itoh yea dont let up on the light keep giveing it to them they will adopt to it quickly.

1. use a counter tie, that will be at the base of the stem.
2. when u do that bend it in any direction. be gentel that u dont break the steam
3.make sure u have the top of the plant as low as u can.
4. if u need to, u might wanna put string around the middle of the plant to reduce stress on the steam and it dont break. do that if it feels kinda stiff when u pull the top down. tie it down then do the top.
5.the leaves....heres the fun part. they will get in the way of bud sites so dont cut them tie some down tuck um back push um under other leaves. some will break off in the process when u tuck them so jus be careful.

i hope this helps you out some if not jus ask me or look back at my grow. this my 2nd grow im on now and im really likeing the LST i jus wish i had more space so they can grow up but untill i get my own place it'll be LST.IMHO it's the best way to get clones cause LST encurage scendery inner growth and that what u need to clone.Ima keep 1 plant in veg for a year or 2 useing LST. That will be the s^$&. Good Luck on the grow

Thanks dude makes alot of sence!... i had something similer to that going with my biggest plant u can sorta see it in one of the pics i used dental floss in a loop around the stem and pulled it a little because it was leaning towards one side because the seed was never planted right in the middle. Blunt i will take your advice i understand how to do it from your post, when i do it i was gonna take some more photos of the plants aswell ill put them up.. cheers everyone.

by the way mate what strain are they an did you grow these from seed or are they clones

Smithy mate there bagseed i got over a year ago from some really good smoke, lasttime i grew whitewidow and african durban poison xxx skunk but didnt have as much success this time im growing in a hole room instead of a wardrobe.

Latest posts

Back